Wikiposts

any advice please

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

The Coulsons will become famous soon enoughThe Coulsons will become famous soon enough
Default any advice please

Ok heres our our problem we have the forms for the TRA and are gathering all the info oh is a toolmaker he did a 5 year apprenticeship with one company (now gone bust) so no references there and moved to where he is now this was as an employee but after 6 years went self employed at the same company but stll works like he did before basically makes the tools and thats it he doesnt deal directly with customers or supplyers but just charges per hour for work done so would the TRA except this along with a statement from his accountant certificates,job description hope this makes sense to someone
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

liverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really niceliverpool12 is just really nice
Default Re: any advice please

Hi,
I think if you get a letter from the company he is working for from a director or a manager or someone like that outlining his working history with them and get it printed on a company letterhead.
I have just submitted my TRA and I wrote all the referances myself and just got my former employers to print it out on company letterheads and sign it. That way I knew it was written exactly the way I wanted it to be.
You can check on the companies house website for details of his old company (names, date the company went bump, administrators etc..) and this will at least give you the evidence that you need to build up your husbands work history.
Has he got any old work collegues who he still keeps in touch with, so they could write him a referance?
I have applied as a Machinist 1st Class (very much like a toolmaker's job, but we are much more cleverer lol..........) We engineers have got to stick together !!!

Good Luck Anyway

Rob
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:36 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liverpool12
Hi,
I think if you get a letter from the company he is working for from a director or a manager or someone like that outlining his working history with them and get it printed on a company letterhead.
I have just submitted my TRA and I wrote all the referances myself and just got my former employers to print it out on company letterheads and sign it. That way I knew it was written exactly the way I wanted it to be.
You can check on the companies house website for details of his old company (names, date the company went bump, administrators etc..) and this will at least give you the evidence that you need to build up your husbands work history.
Has he got any old work collegues who he still keeps in touch with, so they could write him a referance?
I have applied as a Machinist 1st Class (very much like a toolmaker's job, but we are much more cleverer lol..........) We engineers have got to stick together !!!

Good Luck Anyway

Rob
Totally agree with Lpool12 here matey, get a director or manager to do you a reference detailing what it is you do and your responsibilities.

we did all ours and got the relevant guys to read and sign them, i applied as toolmaker mate and passed sent lots of info for them to read.

If you need any other help with your TRA just pop me a PM i am away til thursday from 2moro but will get back to you as soon as i can.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

The Coulsons will become famous soon enoughThe Coulsons will become famous soon enough

very helpful thanks guys
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Think you need to do a Declaration/statement just to say what you did at the company that went bust, give a full work description and duties and tools used etc.. and the rest as above.. x S-j good luck. this is the worst bit, i thought anyway.