Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Old Aug 10th 2010, 12:01 am

adeel.zafar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by andrei143
Correction for that man. The old SOL even professions from non-MODL or non-CSL like computer professionals (nec) who have applied before July 1, 2010 has faster processing times compared to the new SOL which is estimated to be completed in 18 to 24 months upon lodgement. See this link provided (http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm) which was also discussed by George in his early threads. So Vhince_1986, we are ahead of them especially for the new SOL (priority 3 group). Inshallah.
I have you gone through the link you provided but could not find anything that supports what you mentioned.. I hope what you are saying is true but I don't get this impression by reading official documents.....

Please share any relevant link, official or otherwise... coz many of my friends are in same situation...
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:03 am
Just Joined

andrei143 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by adeel.zafar
I have you gone through the link you provided but could not find anything that supports what you mentioned.. I hope what you are saying is true but I don't get this impression by reading official documents.....

Please share any relevant link, official or otherwise... coz many of my friends are in same situation...
Applicable to this Visa Subclass 119,121,175,176, 475, 495, 496 like skilled-independent/ family-sponsored independent, etc.

OLD SOL
Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

NEW SOL
Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

The table provided in the link is quite clear and concise.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

asifrupani will become famous soon enough

Applicable to this Visa Subclass 119,121,175,176, 475, 495, 496 like skilled-independent/ family-sponsored independent, etc.

OLD SOL

NEW SOL
Applications lodged on or after 1 July 2010: finalised 18 to 24 months from date of lodgement.

Hi friends,

What I understand from the timeline given on DIAC website that those who applied before 1 July 2010 had already waited for 2 months to 3 years and DIAC will process those applicants who are now on new SOL (sch 3) and shall clear the backlog during next 18 months i.e by the end of Dec 2011.

New application shall also be process simultaneously but their maximum waiting time shall be 18 to 24 months.

Regards
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:23 am

OLD SOL

NEW SOL

Exactly, its clear and concise but you are still misinterpreting it.... You are missing the key here.... "Priority Group 3".... My post which you "corrected" was for Priority Group 4....

I hope that you know that you are in Priority Group 3 if your occupation is on new SOL (means it was there on old SOL as well). If its not in new SOL, its treated as Priority group 4 with exceptions of pharmacist, computing professionals (nec) and one more occupation (which i forgot) who have been assigned CO.....

If you are not on new SOL then I am afraid my friend you are in Priority group 4 (with the above mentioned exception), and as per the link you provided there is no distinction between pre-1st july and post-1st july applications....

Hope that clarifies things for you....

If you have any other information apart from these, please do share because as I said many of my friends are now in priority group 4.. what they are now trying is to get reassessment to get the priority group changed....

Last edited by adeel.zafar; Aug 10th 2010 at 5:29 am.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

seban123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by asifrupani
Hi friends,

What I understand from the timeline given on DIAC website that those who applied before 1 July 2010 had already waited for 2 months to 3 years and DIAC will process those applicants who are now on new SOL (sch 3) and shall clear the backlog during next 18 months i.e by the end of Dec 2011.

New application shall also be process simultaneously but their maximum waiting time shall be 18 to 24 months.

Regards
The new applications in priority-4 will be kept on hold practically forever. And the applications post 1st July and in priority -3 will be taken once all the pending priority-3 applications are allocated to CO.

This is what i could make out from the timelines..
Old Aug 10th 2010, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Exactly, its clear and concise but you are still misinterpreting it.... You are missing the key here.... "Priority Group 3".... My post which you "corrected" was for Priority Group 4....

I hope that you know that you are in Priority Group 3 if your occupation is on new SOL (means it was there on old SOL as well). If its not in new SOL, its treated as Priority group 4 with exceptions of pharmacist, computing professionals (nec) and one more occupation (which i forgot) who have been assigned CO.....

If you are not on new SOL then I am afraid my friend you are in Priority group 4 (with the above mentioned exception), and as per the link you provided there is no distinction between pre-1st july and post-1st july applications....

Hope that clarifies things for you....

If you have any other information apart from these, please do share because as I said many of my friends are now in priority group 4.. what they are now trying is to get reassessment to get the priority group changed....
Ok Lets have a healthy argument on this based on DIAC's provided facts.

July 1, 2010 - This is the day that DIAC released a new SOL guidelines. But take not that this is actually divided into four categories based on this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/ which are:

- the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ASCO code (schedule 1) – applies only to General Skilled Migration (GSM) applicants who lodged their application prior to 1 July 2010.

- the SOL in existence prior to 1 July 2010 in ANZSCO code (schedule 2) – applies to GSM applicants who are eligible for transitional arrangements and who lodge their application before 1 January 2013.

- the current SOL (schedule 3) – applies to all new GSM applications start July 1, 2010, including applicants eligible for transitional arrangements if they prefer to use it.

- the State and Territory SOL (schedule 4 ) – relevant only for GSM applicants who are nominated by a State or Territory government agency under a State Migration Plan.

Now, those who have lodge a GSM application prior to July 1,2010 and are in the lists of SOL (Schedule 1) and will be processed under priority 3 which was also mentioned that they are all expected to be completed by Dec 31, 2011.

For SOL schedule 2, these are Subclass 885 (Skilled-Independent), 886 (Skilled – Sponsored), or Subclass 487 (Skilled – Regional Sponsored) visa by an applicant who held a Subclass 485 visa on 8 February 2010 or had applied for a Subclass 485 visa that was not finally determined on 8 February 2010

For SOL schedule 3 are applicable for skilled-indepedent 175 or 176 visa.

and SOL schedule 4 are for the new applicants who are not under SOL 3 and their option is either employer or state sponsored.

July 19, 2010 - DIAC released Updated Priority Processing Arrangements for Skilled Migration Visas - Effective from 14 July 2010 which mentions the order of priority processing.

It is also during this time they mentioned this phrase "Applicants with a nominated occupation of Computing Professional (nec), Hospital Pharmacist and Retail Pharmacist, who have already been allocated a case officer, will be contacted directly by their case officer to advise processing arrangements." right under priority 4.

July 28, 2010 - DIAC released the specific timelines for each priority which was also mentioned by Sir George.

Now, if you try to analyze this facts, those who fall under priority 4 are those occupations who either were assessed by the assessing body and haven't lodge or who had already lodged but are not in the new SOL - Schedule 1 which are especially applicable to the previous applicants prior to July 1, 2010. So, in other words, the only way to fast track their application and be eligible again is to do a reassessment and if their profession(s) are within the new SOL (from Schedule 1 to 4) then they can lodge again but pay a new lodgement fee.

Actually, I'm also wondering why DIAC specifically mentioned these three professions since these occupations are on the new SOL under (Sch 1, Sch 2 and Sch 4) except for Computer Professionals nec (with specialization) which i guess requires reassessment since its not on the lists especially if their is no Case Officer assigned.

Anyway, the awaiting moment for now is the election result between the Labor and Coalition party which is this coming August 21, 2010. They said, the Labor is less harsh towards immigrants/immigration policy as compared to the Coalition party.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:15 pm

Thanks for sharing the information..... Please see my comments below...

Now, those who have lodge a GSM application prior to July 1,2010 and are in the lists of SOL (Schedule 1) and will be processed under priority 3 which was also mentioned that they are all expected to be completed by Dec 31, 2011.
Again, thats not entirely true. Not all Pre July 1 applicants who are on schedule 1 belong to priority group 3. Only those which have a mapping in schdeule 3 will be processed as group 3.

Now, if you try to analyze this facts, those who fall under priority 4 are those occupations who either were assessed by the assessing body and haven't lodge or who had already lodged but are not in the new SOL - Schedule 1 which are especially applicable to the previous applicants prior to July 1, 2010. So, in other words, the only way to fast track their application and be eligible again is to do a reassessment and if their profession(s) are within the new SOL (from Schedule 1 to 4) then they can lodge again but pay a new lodgement fee.
Oh I see, here is actually where you are seeing it wrong. Schedule 1 is not new SOL, its old SOL existance prior to 1st July. New SOL = schedule 3... Now when you have to see if applicant belongs to processing category 3 or 4, you look at schedule 3.

So your sentense would be rephrased as "those who fall under priority 4 are those occupations who either were assessed by the assessing body and haven't lodge or who had already lodged but are not in the new SOL - Schedule 3"

Actually, I'm also wondering why DIAC specifically mentioned these three professions since these occupations are on the new SOL under (Sch 1, Sch 2 and Sch 4) except for Computer Professionals nec (with specialization) which i guess requires reassessment since its not on the lists especially if their is no Case Officer assigned.
Now if you realize that new SOL = Schedule 3, then you will understand why these are mentioned separately. These three occupations pharmastics, computing professionals nec are not there in new SOL (schdule 3 ), so instead of putting all of them to group 4, DIAC has been kind enough to treat those who have been assigned COs differently.....

Hope that helps....
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

vikibuvan2in1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Hi All,

Just wondering with the new priority processing does 176 relative sponsor and 176 state sponsor with nominated occupation on the SOL fall under cat2 or cat3 . Sorry if it's previously been discussed. Please advise . Ta .

Vikibuvan2in1
Keep Hopes High
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

State sponsored (SMP): Cat 2.
Relative sponsored will go into Prio 3/4 depending on the schedules the ANZSCO/ASCO code is in..

Cheers
Seban
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by vikibuvan2in1
Hi All,

Just wondering with the new priority processing does 176 relative sponsor and 176 state sponsor with nominated occupation on the SOL fall under cat2 or cat3 .
With the new priority processing,176 relative sponsor and 176 state sponsor (excluding SMP) with nominated occupation on the SOL fall under cat3.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Dentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really niceDentonburn is just really nice

With the new priority processing,176 relative sponsor and 176 state sponsor (excluding SMP) with nominated occupation on the SOL fall under cat3.
Can someone please give me their opinion on the difference between 176 state sponsor (excluding SMP) and 176 state sponsor (with SMP). I have applied for a 176 visa with nomination/sponsorship from NSW as an "accountant". This letter was granted back in March 2010, and I have no idea if it's now "on the SMP" or "Off SMP". Any ideas? My nomination/sponsorship letter is from the NSW Government - Dept of Industry and Investment.
Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Wait for the SMPs to be officially out..
Old Aug 11th 2010, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for sharing the information..... Please see my comments below...

Again, thats not entirely true. Not all Pre July 1 applicants who are on schedule 1 belong to priority group 3. Only those which have a mapping in schdeule 3 will be processed as group 3.

Hope that helps....
Your right man. I have just verified and consulted this with my agent today and they have replied same as what you have said.

Actually I'm one of those 3 occupations posted. Computer Professional - nec but no CO assigned yet. Only showing ABPF. In that case, I'm in Priority 4 unless they assigned a CO and I will be elevated in Priority 3. Right ? Anyway, needs to be patient on this. Hope there is positive news after this coming election
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Hi Dentonburn

Basically if you are state sponsored 176 and are on the SOL you currently fall into group 3

If the state who has sponsored you, announces a DIAC approved state migration plan and your occupation is in the list, you will be bumped up to group 2

So, if like me, sponsored by WA, I am hoping for a SMP announcement with our occupation asap, so we can move up a stage.

Hope this clarifies?
Old Aug 12th 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Dentonburn

P.S. If you look at the "Please Read" docs at the beginning of the forum, it shows the current announced State Migration PLans. I assume you would need to go on the individual government website to see the list of occupations.

So, if you are on it, you will go up the stage 2 processing as you have an approved sponsorship

I dont anticipate we will hear any more announcements before the election on 21st August

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.