Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:32 am
  #1  
Reg. Migration Agent
Thread Starter
 
George Lombard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Inner Western suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 4,483
George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

The following link from the new Client Service Charter: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm suggests likely DIAC processing times for those with a new State Migration Plan application (six months) and those on the SOL without an SMP approval (18 months).

Generally the Client Service Charter is one of the first casualties of any real or imaginary crisis but it does give an indication of the possible advantages of state sponsorship through an SMP. Personally I was surprised at the size of the differential, this will create an enormous spike when the SMPs are announced, I imagine.

It also suggests that people with an existing Priority Group 3 (SOL but no SMP approval) application as at 1 July will have a 12 month wait. The prospects seem bad, however, for those in Priority Group 4 (not current SOL, not on SMP).

Cheers,

George Lombard
George Lombard is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:57 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: The most isolated city in the world - Perth
Posts: 233
JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by George Lombard View Post
The following link from the new Client Service Charter: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm suggests likely DIAC processing times for those with a new State Migration Plan application (six months) and those on the SOL without an SMP approval (18 months).

Generally the Client Service Charter is one of the first casualties of any real or imaginary crisis but it does give an indication of the possible advantages of state sponsorship through an SMP. Personally I was surprised at the size of the differential, this will create an enormous spike when the SMPs are announced, I imagine.

It also suggests that people with an existing Priority Group 3 (SOL but no SMP approval) application as at 1 July will have a 12 month wait. The prospects seem bad, however, for those in Priority Group 4 (not current SOL, not on SMP).

Cheers,

George Lombard
Looks like people in priority four will be processed by the end of two thousand never .
JoeBlogsOfOz is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 4:12 am
  #3  
Reg. Migration Agent
Thread Starter
 
George Lombard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Inner Western suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 4,483
George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz View Post
Looks like people in priority four will be processed by the end of two thousand never .
That's optimism for you. I suspect they may need to seek out a cryogenic solution so that they can be up for the fourth millennium :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard
George Lombard is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:04 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 588
aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

may be a stupid question to ask but
Will this new time frame poses delays to those whole applied under CSL and having CO and in last stages of application???
will they continue to be procseed in normal way???
thanks
aliah is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:39 am
  #5  
gti
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
gti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by George Lombard View Post
That's optimism for you. I suspect they may need to seek out a cryogenic solution so that they can be up for the fourth millennium :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard
It seems very UNFAIR!!! From the below statement, cases in P4 will never be assessed as there will be continuous cases in [email protected]@#$#%$%^@

Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.
gti is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:51 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: The most isolated city in the world - Perth
Posts: 233
JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by gti View Post
It seems very UNFAIR!!! From the below statement, cases in P4 will never be assessed as there will be continuous cases in [email protected]@#$#%$%^@

Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.
I agree, this is supposed to be an estimate of processing time, but for priority 4 there is no estimate, as DIAC will keep getting more and more applications for first three groups.
JoeBlogsOfOz is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:01 am
  #7  
gti
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
gti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz View Post
I agree, this is supposed to be an estimate of processing time, but for priority 4 there is no estimate, as DIAC will keep getting more and more applications for first three groups.
Worst than the previous timeline, at least we were told to wait 3 years...now....it's indefinite....!
gti is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:18 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: liverpool uk
Posts: 240
johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by George Lombard View Post
The following link from the new Client Service Charter: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm suggests likely DIAC processing times for those with a new State Migration Plan application (six months) and those on the SOL without an SMP approval (18 months).

Generally the Client Service Charter is one of the first casualties of any real or imaginary crisis but it does give an indication of the possible advantages of state sponsorship through an SMP. Personally I was surprised at the size of the differential, this will create an enormous spike when the SMPs are announced, I imagine.

It also suggests that people with an existing Priority Group 3 (SOL but no SMP approval) application as at 1 July will have a 12 month wait. The prospects seem bad, however, for those in Priority Group 4 (not current SOL, not on SMP).

Cheers,

George Lombard
Thanks for the link, It does seem bleak times are ahead, Just hope "Fitter" is on the WA SMP or its curtains for us
johnb1 is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:42 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
hantorro's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 135
hantorro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by johnb1 View Post
Thanks for the link, It does seem bleak times are ahead, Just hope "Fitter" is on the WA SMP or its curtains for us
johnb1 - our visa was acknowledged on the 26 Oct 09, we have since been successful with WA State Sponsorship, our Agent has advised us, and sent us detailed information...which i put up on here....that we are going to be moved up to prioroty 2.

Is there some difference between lodging your visa application before the 31 Dec 09 and lodging it after, to make your application stay in processing cat 4?
hantorro is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:07 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 108
rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by hantorro View Post
johnb1 - our visa was acknowledged on the 26 Oct 09, we have since been successful with WA State Sponsorship, our Agent has advised us, and sent us detailed information...which i put up on here....that we are going to be moved up to prioroty 2.

Is there some difference between lodging your visa application before the 31 Dec 09 and lodging it after, to make your application stay in processing cat 4?
To get to Priority 2 we need SMP and commitment for SMP is 2 years in the sponsoring state? Right?
rackspace is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:09 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: The most isolated city in the world - Perth
Posts: 233
JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by rackspace View Post
To get to Priority 2 we need SMP and commitment for SMP is 2 years in the sponsoring state? Right?
Nothing can be said for sure about SMP's until they are fully approved, and all the criteria is published.
JoeBlogsOfOz is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:48 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: liverpool uk
Posts: 240
johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by hantorro View Post
johnb1 - our visa was acknowledged on the 26 Oct 09, we have since been successful with WA State Sponsorship, our Agent has advised us, and sent us detailed information...which i put up on here....that we are going to be moved up to prioroty 2.

Is there some difference between lodging your visa application before the 31 Dec 09 and lodging it after, to make your application stay in processing cat 4?
Hi
No, because we have ss from wa, we will go from cat4 to cat2 so long as our occupations are listed on wa smp.
johnb1 is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 3:13 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
hantorro's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 135
hantorro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by johnb1 View Post
Hi
No, because we have ss from wa, we will go from cat4 to cat2 so long as our occupations are listed on wa smp.
Yeah, thought so
hantorro is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 8:29 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 280
gillgee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by aliah View Post
may be a stupid question to ask but
Will this new time frame poses delays to those whole applied under CSL and having CO and in last stages of application???
will they continue to be procseed in normal way???
thanks
Please comment wt's fate of existing applicants??
gillgee is offline  
Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:13 pm
  #15  
You call that a moustache
 
ex_exile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Heading West..
Posts: 2,060
ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

This is a fundamental change to the "old" principle that even if your occupation was removed from the SOL you still be processed under the "rules" in place when you applied, from here on if your occupation is dropped from the SOL you will sit in a queue that no-one will ever touch till the end of time and unless you are capped and ceased DIAC gets to keep your cash too!
ex_exile is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.