British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/anticipated-general-skilled-migration-processing-times-678623/)

George Lombard Jul 28th 2010 2:32 am

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

The following link from the new Client Service Charter: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm suggests likely DIAC processing times for those with a new State Migration Plan application (six months) and those on the SOL without an SMP approval (18 months).

Generally the Client Service Charter is one of the first casualties of any real or imaginary crisis but it does give an indication of the possible advantages of state sponsorship through an SMP. Personally I was surprised at the size of the differential, this will create an enormous spike when the SMPs are announced, I imagine.

It also suggests that people with an existing Priority Group 3 (SOL but no SMP approval) application as at 1 July will have a 12 month wait. The prospects seem bad, however, for those in Priority Group 4 (not current SOL, not on SMP).

Cheers,

George Lombard

JoeBlogsOfOz Jul 28th 2010 2:57 am

Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 8733423)
The following link from the new Client Service Charter: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm suggests likely DIAC processing times for those with a new State Migration Plan application (six months) and those on the SOL without an SMP approval (18 months).

Generally the Client Service Charter is one of the first casualties of any real or imaginary crisis but it does give an indication of the possible advantages of state sponsorship through an SMP. Personally I was surprised at the size of the differential, this will create an enormous spike when the SMPs are announced, I imagine.

It also suggests that people with an existing Priority Group 3 (SOL but no SMP approval) application as at 1 July will have a 12 month wait. The prospects seem bad, however, for those in Priority Group 4 (not current SOL, not on SMP).

Cheers,

George Lombard

Looks like people in priority four will be processed by the end of two thousand never .;)

George Lombard Jul 28th 2010 3:12 am

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz (Post 8733472)
Looks like people in priority four will be processed by the end of two thousand never .;)

That's optimism for you. I suspect they may need to seek out a cryogenic solution so that they can be up for the fourth millennium :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard

aliah Jul 28th 2010 5:04 am

may be a stupid question to ask but
Will this new time frame poses delays to those whole applied under CSL and having CO and in last stages of application???
will they continue to be procseed in normal way???
thanks

gti Jul 28th 2010 6:39 am

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 8733497)
That's optimism for you. I suspect they may need to seek out a cryogenic solution so that they can be up for the fourth millennium :-(

Cheers,

George Lombard

It seems very UNFAIR!!! From the below statement, cases in P4 will never be assessed as there will be continuous cases in p1-3.....~!@@#$#%$%^@:thumbdown:

Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

JoeBlogsOfOz Jul 28th 2010 6:51 am

Originally Posted by gti (Post 8733830)
It seems very UNFAIR!!! From the below statement, cases in P4 will never be assessed as there will be continuous cases in p1-3.....~!@@#$#%$%^@:thumbdown:

Assessment of cases will commence once all cases in priority groups 1–3 are finalised.

I agree, this is supposed to be an estimate of processing time, but for priority 4 there is no estimate, as DIAC will keep getting more and more applications for first three groups.

gti Jul 28th 2010 7:01 am

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz (Post 8733853)
I agree, this is supposed to be an estimate of processing time, but for priority 4 there is no estimate, as DIAC will keep getting more and more applications for first three groups.

Worst than the previous timeline, at least we were told to wait 3 years...now....it's indefinite....!

johnb1 Jul 28th 2010 10:18 am

Originally Posted by George Lombard (Post 8733423)

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks for the link, It does seem bleak times are ahead, Just hope "Fitter" is on the WA SMP or its curtains for us:fingerscrossed:

hantorro Jul 28th 2010 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by johnb1 (Post 8734280)
Thanks for the link, It does seem bleak times are ahead, Just hope "Fitter" is on the WA SMP or its curtains for us:fingerscrossed:

johnb1 - our visa was acknowledged on the 26 Oct 09, we have since been successful with WA State Sponsorship, our Agent has advised us, and sent us detailed information...which i put up on here....that we are going to be moved up to prioroty 2.

Is there some difference between lodging your visa application before the 31 Dec 09 and lodging it after, to make your application stay in processing cat 4? :confused:

rackspace Jul 28th 2010 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by hantorro (Post 8734581)
johnb1 - our visa was acknowledged on the 26 Oct 09, we have since been successful with WA State Sponsorship, our Agent has advised us, and sent us detailed information...which i put up on here....that we are going to be moved up to prioroty 2.

Is there some difference between lodging your visa application before the 31 Dec 09 and lodging it after, to make your application stay in processing cat 4? :confused:

To get to Priority 2 we need SMP and commitment for SMP is 2 years in the sponsoring state? Right?

JoeBlogsOfOz Jul 28th 2010 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by rackspace (Post 8734646)
To get to Priority 2 we need SMP and commitment for SMP is 2 years in the sponsoring state? Right?

Nothing can be said for sure about SMP's until they are fully approved, and all the criteria is published.

johnb1 Jul 28th 2010 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by hantorro (Post 8734581)

Hi
No, because we have ss from wa, we will go from cat4 to cat2 so long as our occupations are listed on wa smp.:thumbup:

hantorro Jul 28th 2010 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by johnb1 (Post 8734750)
Hi
No, because we have ss from wa, we will go from cat4 to cat2 so long as our occupations are listed on wa smp.:thumbup:

Yeah, thought so :eek::thumbsup:

gillgee Jul 28th 2010 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by aliah (Post 8733663)
may be a stupid question to ask but
Will this new time frame poses delays to those whole applied under CSL and having CO and in last stages of application???
will they continue to be procseed in normal way???
thanks

Please comment wt's fate of existing applicants??

ex_exile Jul 28th 2010 9:13 pm

This is a fundamental change to the "old" principle that even if your occupation was removed from the SOL you still be processed under the "rules" in place when you applied, from here on if your occupation is dropped from the SOL you will sit in a queue that no-one will ever touch till the end of time and unless you are capped and ceased DIAC gets to keep your cash too!