Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Old Jul 28th 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about525252 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anticipated General Skilled Migration Processing Times

Originally Posted by ex_exile
This is a fundamental change to the "old" principle that even if your occupation was removed from the SOL you still be processed under the "rules" in place when you applied, from here on if your occupation is dropped from the SOL you will sit in a queue that no-one will ever touch till the end of time and unless you are capped and ceased DIAC gets to keep your cash too!
I think the 'old' principle being followed by DIAC was also same i.e. they won't give you back your application saying that it is finished but will make the processing so slow that you will yourself realize that the aussie dream is now over and it is time to move on
Old Jul 30th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Faraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Processing times – GSM applications affected by processing priorities

Priority Group 3 ( 175/176):Applications lodged prior to 1 July 2010: finalised by 31 December 2011.

I applied in June'2009 and till date 14 months have been passed and I am waiting for medicals & final approval. The final date of 31 December 2011 is too much far for pre 1-July-2010 applicants having older applications.
Dear George pls comments
Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:08 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
This is a fundamental change to the "old" principle that even if your occupation was removed from the SOL you still be processed under the "rules" in place when you applied, from here on if your occupation is dropped from the SOL you will sit in a queue that no-one will ever touch till the end of time and unless you are capped and ceased DIAC gets to keep your cash too!
I cant believe they will be allowed legally to get away with it, it makes the whole system a complete scam, they can just continually keep coming up with new schemes and people will apply, pay the fees and wait in line paitently for them to say oh we've changed our mind, now you need to confirm to this and sorry all you lot your not stuffed and we aint giving you your money back, but feel free to pay again under the new rules...

A lot of people that applied under one set of rules, would be eligible under the current rules (through getting a new skills assesment) it make no sense that these people are penalised and arent offered the opportunity to just simply update there skills to a current code and DIAC then process them at the top of the list of whatever category they fall into.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

elementv is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a big joke. Its surprising that the government of a country comes up with such rules and keeps money taken from people. Very disappointing! Like Steve says, this is a big scam and a sham.

Can category 4 applicants now claim state sponsorship? Sorry, if this has already been answered.

Last edited by elementv; Jul 31st 2010 at 8:49 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:13 am
Just Joined

mohammedman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello George ,

Good Day !!

Find my details attached below :

Visa type: 176 (non CSL)
IELTS: 24/07/09 (7.5)
Skills Assessment: 03/09/09
2231-11 Systems Manager
NSW Sponsorship- Received: 18/11/09
Applied DIAC: 04/12/09
Case officer: Not yet
Grant Visa: Not yet

My Question is , I have NSW State Sponser and my appication is with DIAC since Dec 2009.
Now from the NSW website my Job code (Systems-Manager Oracle) has been removed
http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migra...iteria_ICT.pdf

What will be my status of application and estimated timeline for Process.

Thanks in advance and Cheers !!
Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohammedman
Hello George ,

Good Day !!

Find my details attached below :

Visa type: 176 (non CSL)
IELTS: 24/07/09 (7.5)
Skills Assessment: 03/09/09
2231-11 Systems Manager
NSW Sponsorship- Received: 18/11/09
Applied DIAC: 04/12/09
Case officer: Not yet
Grant Visa: Not yet

My Question is , I have NSW State Sponser and my appication is with DIAC since Dec 2009.
Now from the NSW website my Job code (Systems-Manager Oracle) has been removed
http://www.business.nsw.gov.au/migra...iteria_ICT.pdf

What will be my status of application and estimated timeline for Process.

Thanks in advance and Cheers !!
George Lombard is a registered migration agent who occasionally posts on here and helps people out without asking for payment. If you wish him or any other agent to comment in small detail on a personal issue you would be best advised to contact the agent in their professional capacity and be prepared to pay.

I'll warn you now though - no-one can predict how long your application will take.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 1st 2010 at 3:51 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

NareshN is an unknown quantity at this point

I took a consultation with George Lombard and he suggested me many things that helped me suitably modify my application. So please consider his consultation fee of $100 as a very valuable guidepost investment. You won't regret it. You'll regret it if you go wrong in your application and the migration officer rejects it. One thing though, please tell George your entire story via email and he will help you out.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Huwaarix is an unknown quantity at this point

Some calculations based on the current processing

Current status of processing from GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION
BRISBANE PROCESSING INFORMATION
Skilled Onshore E-Lodged Applications - Priority Group 3
885, 886 and 487 - Applications lodged 14 August 2008

Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.(http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm)

Based on my calculation if they are processing August 2008 applications and have to finish all the lodged applications by 1 july 2011

Aug/Sep 2008 Applications Should be processed in July/Aug 2010
Oct/Nov 2008 Applications Should be processed in Sep/Oct 2010
Dec08/Jan09 Applications Should be processed in Nov/Dec 2010
Feb/Mar09 Applications Should be processed in Jan/Feb 2010
Apr/May09 Applications Should be processed in Mar/Apr 2010
Jun/Jul09 Applications Should be processed in May/Jun/Jul 2010

Just a calculation
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

rackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the roughrackspace is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Huwaarix

Applications lodged before 1 July 2010: finalised by 1 July 2011.(http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm)

Based on my calculation if they are processing August 2008 applications and have to finish all the lodged applications by 1 july 2011

Feb/Mar09 Applications Should be processed in Jan/Feb 2010
Apr/May09 Applications Should be processed in Mar/Apr 2010
Jun/Jul09 Applications Should be processed in May/Jun/Jul 2010

Just a calculation
You forgot to change 2010 to 2011 in last three timelines
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

proximo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by aliah
may be a stupid question to ask but
Will this new time frame poses delays to those whole applied under CSL and having CO and in last stages of application???
will they continue to be procseed in normal way???
thanks
Q11 What will happen to applications in the final stages of processing where the department has
requested applicants to provide health and character clearances?

The new arrangements apply to all visa applications, including those in the final stages of processing.
Applications in lower priority groups cannot be processed further until those in higher priority groups are
finalised in accordance with the priority processing direction.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

Huwaarix is an unknown quantity at this point

Feb/Mar09 Applications Should be processed in Jan/Feb 2011
Apr/May09 Applications Should be processed in Mar/Apr 2011
Jun/Jul09 Applications Should be processed in May/Jun/Jul 2011

Corrected version
Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:30 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Huwaarix,

Nice job but there are some variables here, eg the date of implementation (if ever) of the SMPs, the processing time for SMP applications in each state, the introduction of a new SOL next year (annual review by Skills Australia) and, critically, the size of the program after the election and in each subsequent program year.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:09 am
gti
Just Joined

gti is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Huwaarix,

Nice job but there are some variables here, eg the date of implementation (if ever) of the SMPs, the processing time for SMP applications in each state, the introduction of a new SOL next year (annual review by Skills Australia) and, critically, the size of the program after the election and in each subsequent program year.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Hi George, i know you are registered Migration Agent and we need to pay for your service. Just want to ask you, for GSM 175 people already applied and now under priority 4, is it still useful to consult you on the available options? It seems ppl under p4 will need to wait forever! It doesn't look good for ppl with P3 as well, as the SOL is reviewed annually, there might be a chance where someone's occupation falls in SOL this year and no longer next year. In that case, they will be under P4. The chance for this to happen is very huge as the processing time for P3 is 18 months!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:48 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Dear GTI,

Yes I'm happy to consult about options for people who applied prior to 1 July - most self-represented applicants aren't aware of all available strategies.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

ericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really niceericks is just really nice

Originally Posted by Huwaarix

Feb/Mar09 Applications Should be processed in Jan/Feb 2011
Apr/May09 Applications Should be processed in Mar/Apr 2011
Jun/Jul09 Applications Should be processed in May/Jun/Jul 2011

Corrected version
Thank you for the info,
Anybody know about the Adelaide processing centre??
We are 31 March 2008, ss (SA), and on the new sol 3...

Or any thoughts / Advice!?

Greetings
Erick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.