Another dream in the rain - STNI

Old Apr 7th 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

---Halifax--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another dream in the rain - STNI

Hi all,

just want to inform you all that we have been notified that the Victoria SMU is 'not in a position to nominate' my husband. The reason is a bit vague but the letter states the following:

"Following a review of the information you have provided to the Skilled Migration Unit, I regret to inform you that the Victorian Government is not in a position to nominate you. This decision was based on an evaluation of your skills and work experience, taking into account the current needs within the Victorian economy."

We are devastated and I have been crying all morning. Now I know how it must feel for hundreds of other people that missed the opportunity to apply for skilled indep. due to the passmark increase. Well, I will cry some more today and get over it within a few days. Good luck to everyone else!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

bettytweena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another dream in the rain - STNI

Oh Annelie, I am so, so sorry.......

Please don't let this get you down too much. It is normal that you feel so upset (as I did last week on hearing of the points increase from the 14th), but in a few days, when you stop reeling from the disappointment, shock and anger,........you will see things more clearly, and be in a position to weigh up your options (and I am sure that there will be some)..............

Take care, keep your chin up (or hold onto it if it is wobbling!!)

Originally posted by Annelie
Hi all,

just want to inform you all that we have been notified that the Victoria SMU is 'not in a position to nominate' my husband. The reason is a bit vague but the letter states the following:

"Following a review of the information you have provided to the Skilled Migration Unit, I regret to inform you that the Victorian Government is not in a position to nominate you. This decision was based on an evaluation of your skills and work experience, taking into account the current needs within the Victorian economy."

We are devastated and I have been crying all morning. Now I know how it must feel for hundreds of other people that missed the opportunity to apply for skilled indep. due to the passmark increase. Well, I will cry some more today and get over it within a few days. Good luck to everyone else!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:56 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

have you applied to Adelaide for SA nomination?? May just be they will accept you....
good luck

sue
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:48 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Really sorry to hear that but don't assume that the dream is over. Keep an eye out for details of the new Skilled Regional visa - there must be some info due soon. This visa only needs 110 points. As somebody on here said (can't remember who just now) "The dream isn't over until you stop trying" so make sure you don't stop.
What does hubby do? I would second Tirediwithtwins too by suggesting you try SA - www.immigration.sa.gov.au.