Ankylosing Spondylitis

Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

bill72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ankylosing Spondylitis

I am considering applying for Australian Permanent Residency.
I have an Australian university degree and I am professionally employed in Australia.
The issue that I am having is that I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, a medical condition that affects the spine (also known as arthritis of the spine). Apart from that, I'm healthy and I lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Can anyone advise if this condition will affect my application? If so, what are the steps that I need to take to ensure success?

Thanks & Regards,
Bill
Old Nov 7th 2005, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ankylosing Spondylitis

Originally Posted by bill72
I have an Australian university degree and I am professionally employed in Australia.
The issue that I am having is that I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, a medical condition that affects the spine (also known as arthritis of the spine). Apart from that, I'm healthy and I lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Can anyone advise if this condition will affect my application? If so, what are the steps that I need to take to ensure success?

Thanks & Regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,

I hope you find someone on here that can give you some info on that. My brother has AS. He was diagnosed at 19 and like you leads a normal life apart from the odd flare up. In all honesty Bill I believe this will not affect your application as any drugs you need you will have to pay for out there. It is not catching is it. I just wonder if you get no info on here if you could call one of the docs on the meds list to see what they say?

Just did not want to see your thread disappear before it got a good airing as I can imagine your concerns.

Vics xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:32 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Hi Bill,

I hope you find someone on here that can give you some info on that. My brother has AS. He was diagnosed at 19 and like you leads a normal life apart from the odd flare up. In all honesty Bill I believe this will not affect your application as any drugs you need you will have to pay for out there. It is not catching is it. I just wonder if you get no info on here if you could call one of the docs on the meds list to see what they say?

Just did not want to see your thread disappear before it got a good airing as I can imagine your concerns.

Vics xx
I have a friend whose 13 year old daughter has been diagnosed with this and is being operated on in January. All the very best of luck to you both.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

bill72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vic&jase
Hi Bill,

Vics xx
Vics, Thanks very much for your reply. I had this condition when I was 14yo and I have managed this by following a strict Low Starch Diet and having regular exercises like swimming. I'm not on any doctor's medication.
I just hope that someone out here who have similar experiences like mine can share their PR application experience, e.g any hurdles faced and what special steps that they took to overcome the hurdles.

Bill
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:43 pm
Account Closed

Vic&jase is an unknown quantity at this point

Vics, Thanks very much for your reply. I had this condition when I was 14yo and I have managed this by following a strict Low Starch Diet and having regular exercises like swimming. I'm not on any doctor's medication.
I just hope that someone out here who have similar experiences like mine can share their PR application experience, e.g any hurdles faced and what special steps that they took to overcome the hurdles.

Bill
You never know who is on here it's a great site!

I think my bro had it then too, he kept going to the docs with back pain etc and they had him off school laying in bed!!!!! as you know, all this did was help the bones/cartilage fuse together and make it worse. Like you exercise is key but never heard of the starch thing x

Vics xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks & Regards,
Bill

I very much doubt you'll get the detail you need on an online forum. Most migration agents do not deal in medical issues, one of the few who does is Peter Bollard in Sydney:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/

Jeremy