Wikiposts

Am I eligible for apply PR?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I eligible for apply PR?

Originally Posted by jenny79
i guess that's why tony suggested the sponsorship route, he'll then be able to avoid a 60-point qualification, find something that is closely related, but assessed by Vetassess and take it from there.

not sure though, that's my guess from reading tony's post.
Agree, I assume now the OP wants a relative sponsored 176 rather state.
That said though, I can't see how this can be achieved without ACS assessment.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

shankar1023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I am going for Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) Visa, also going to launch application with ACS only, all i wanted to know before applying is that whether my experience ( 4.5 years) and Qualification ( Msc Physics from an indian university- fulltime) will be sufficient. Also, i heard i need to produce a detailed experience letter from all my previous employers and also reference letters, Could you let me know what are all the necessary documents needs to be provided.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shankar1023
Yes, I am going for Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) Visa, also going to launch application with ACS only, all i wanted to know before applying is that whether my experience ( 4.5 years) and Qualification ( Msc Physics from an indian university- fulltime) will be sufficient. Also, i heard i need to produce a detailed experience letter from all my previous employers and also reference letters, Could you let me know what are all the necessary documents needs to be provided.
I think the simple answer is you don't have sufficient qualifications/experience. You will need at least 6 years work experience.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slackbloke
Agree, I assume now the OP wants a relative sponsored 176 rather state.
That said though, I can't see how this can be achieved without ACS assessment.
Hi Slack

The nominated occupation (determined by the SOL occupation that has been approved by the relevant skills assessing body) does not have to have any relationship to the Skilled SOL experience used to meet the 12/24 and, if required 36/48.

So when you first assess somebody's circumstances against the GSM subclasses you first need to determine which SOL occupations could an applicant get recognition under via the relevamt assessing body.

I am going to assume that Shankar's degree is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree. If this is the case, Shankar can get a successful skills assessment for any 40 or 50 point SOL occupation, where VETASSESS is the relevant assessing body and MAY or MAY NOT get a successful skills assessment from the ACS.

There is nothing stopping Shankar from applying to VETASSESS as a 50 point Fashion Designer - VETASESS will issue their assessment that he meets the Australian standard for the occupation of Fashion Designer on the basis of holding ANY qualification that is assessed as equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree or higher.

So he can score 50 points without going anywhere near the ACS.

When you do not have a skills assessment that matches your claimed recent skilled work experience, DIAC themselves will now have to determine whether at least the last 12 months of your experience is "skilled". They consult ASCO to decide this so if you are claiming skilled experience as an IT Professional, the 12 months recent experience must be after a relevant degree OR after 5 years of relevant experience.

So Shankar will have to argue that he met the skills requirement at least 12 months ago. With 5 years of total IT experience, he can't do this for 12 months based on experience alone but as he does have some IT content with his quals, a case can be made that he did meet the Australian skills standard for the IT professional occupation by way of a combination of the 4 years IT experience plus IT content in quals.

This strategy is best handled by a competent Agent, especially where it is not obvious that he skills requirement has been met prior to claiming 12 montsh recent skilled worjk experience.

Of course, IELTS 7 is also a requirement of this strategy to score teh 100 total when only scoring 50 for skills and nothing for Specific Work Experience.

ACS recognition may be 2 years away at least.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
www.visabureau.com
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Slack

The nominated occupation (determined by the SOL occupation that has been approved by the relevant skills assessing body) does not have to have any relationship to the Skilled SOL experience used to meet the 12/24 and, if required 36/48.

So when you first assess somebody's circumstances against the GSM subclasses you first need to determine which SOL occupations could an applicant get recognition under via the relevamt assessing body.

I am going to assume that Shankar's degree is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree. If this is the case, Shankar can get a successful skills assessment for any 40 or 50 point SOL occupation, where VETASSESS is the relevant assessing body and MAY or MAY NOT get a successful skills assessment from the ACS.

There is nothing stopping Shankar from applying to VETASSESS as a 50 point Fashion Designer - VETASESS will issue their assessment that he meets the Australian standard for the occupation of Fashion Designer on the basis of holding ANY qualification that is assessed as equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree or higher.

So he can score 50 points without going anywhere near the ACS.

When you do not have a skills assessment that matches your claimed recent skilled work experience, DIAC themselves will now have to determine whether at least the last 12 months of your experience is "skilled". They consult ASCO to decide this so if you are claiming skilled experience as an IT Professional, the 12 months recent experience must be after a relevant degree OR after 5 years of relevant experience.

So Shankar will have to argue that he met the skills requirement at least 12 months ago. With 5 years of total IT experience, he can't do this for 12 months based on experience alone but as he does have some IT content with his quals, a case can be made that he did meet the Australian skills standard for the IT professional occupation by way of a combination of the 4 years IT experience plus IT content in quals.

This strategy is best handled by a competent Agent, especially where it is not obvious that he skills requirement has been met prior to claiming 12 montsh recent skilled worjk experience.

Of course, IELTS 7 is also a requirement of this strategy to score teh 100 total when only scoring 50 for skills and nothing for Specific Work Experience.

ACS recognition may be 2 years away at least.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
www.visabureau.com
Thanks Tony, that is interesting, if a little bizarre in my opinion, as it appears to offer an 'easier' route than ACS.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by slackbloke
Thanks Tony, that is interesting, if a little bizarre in my opinion, as it appears to offer an 'easier' route than ACS.
indeed, but that's why i refused to answer one of his questions after tony's first reply. i realised that knowing the system inside out, tony was seeing some other option somewhere, where we were failing to see since we know things at face value as presented by diac.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i am going to get assessed with ACS, Could you let me know what are all the documents needed to be submit in my case in detail? of course i have all the documents downloaded from Immigration site and ACS site, but they are seems very general, so could you please provide a complete checklist of your own out of my case that i should submit?

I have prepared the below list, add / remove if necessary.
  • School Certificates & Mark sheets
  • College Certificates & Mark Sheets
  • Consolidated marksheet to explain i have done 2 IT papers in both my BSC and MSC degree
  • CCNA / CCNP and other IT certifacates that i have like C++ , hardware, ect.
  • Regional language certificates
  • Previous employer offer letter and reliving letter
  • Current empolyer offer letter
  • IELTS Score card
  • Passport
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Of course I am going to nominate the ASCO code 2231-11
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shankar

If they accept you have Minor IT related degree, you will still need 6 years of ACCEPTABLE IT references.

If your degree is not IT related and you did have 6 years of acceptable IT references, they would then ask for RPL application plus 2 project reports plus extra A$50.

I reckon you just have the bare 4 years of acceptable experience with possibly 8 years pro-rata for your initial part-time position (which may not be recognised at all).

So please re-check the requirements on the ACS website to make sure you are not wasting your time and money.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
www.visabureau.com
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Arg!! i am bit confused.. i see from the immigration site that they need 5 years experience http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...er-2231-11.htm

but in PIMguidelines from ACS site say 4 years is enough to come under group A -https://www.acs.org.au/assessment/docs/Current_PIMGuidelines.pdf

Could you tell me Which one is right?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

as far as i know, the requirements for any assessing authority, have nothing to do with those of DIAC...

as such, they can ask for different requirements, in this case it has to do with length of time vis-a-vis experience.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Shankar

The 5 years on the IMMI site is only relevant when DIAC are deciding whether your IT experience is skilled and becomes irrelevant if the Relevant Assessing body has decided you are skilled. So you will need 4 years IT experience if Group A and 6 years if Group B.

I had assumed that your IT content with your degree would not be sufficient for Group A consideration but you are the best judge of that:

As a guide, a major in a Bachelor degree must have a minimum of two equivalent full-time semesters of ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced level (final year level).

IT content to be considered a minor in ICT states:

As a guide for a minor (sub-major) for a Bachelor degree the ICT content must be at least
20%.

So, if you think the IT content in you degree, which I assume is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree, meets Group A, then I think ACS is the right avenue now with your 4 years of IT experience.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
www.visabureau.com
Old Apr 24th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

yea.. Actually i am holding master's degree in Physics, However i have done 2 Full time semesters in IT paper as major in both of my Bachelor and master degree ( Tenure of both the course was 5 years ) , also i have done one thesis in IT paper in my Master degree, i consider this with the oz IT master degree which should be equivalent.
Old May 22nd 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by welshtony
Hi Shankar

The 5 years on the IMMI site is only relevant when DIAC are deciding whether your IT experience is skilled and becomes irrelevant if the Relevant Assessing body has decided you are skilled. So you will need 4 years IT experience if Group A and 6 years if Group B.

I had assumed that your IT content with your degree would not be sufficient for Group A consideration but you are the best judge of that:

As a guide, a major in a Bachelor degree must have a minimum of two equivalent full-time semesters of ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced level (final year level).

IT content to be considered a minor in ICT states:

As a guide for a minor (sub-major) for a Bachelor degree the ICT content must be at least
20%.

So, if you think the IT content in you degree, which I assume is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree, meets Group A, then I think ACS is the right avenue now with your 4 years of IT experience.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
www.visabureau.com
Hello Tony,

Finally I got my IELTS results today, I scored 6.5, I found ACS will not workout in my case, so i am going to apply as Physicst 2119-11 with VETASSESS as i have done Msc Physics. Can i apply for PR subclass 176 to Immig dept with this nominated Occupation? will they provide me points for my specific skill experience which is network engineer? if so, could you advice me how can i explain them about this?

Also, i will only get 95 out of 100 points as below

Skill - 50
Age - 30
English language ability - 15

So i have to score points for Occupation in demand and Specific employment , could you advice in this situation?