Wikiposts

Am I eligible for apply PR?

Old Apr 18th 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

shankar1023 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Am I eligible for apply PR?

Hello,

I am Sankar, I wanted to know whether i am eligible for applying Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) Visa, Let me introduce about me briefly below

Qualification :
B Sc Physics (from an university) - 2000 - 2003
M Sc Physics (from An Autonomous Collage) - 2003-2005

Experience

March 2004 to April 2005 - Desktop technician (Parttime job -25 Hours a week )

April 2005 to July 2006 - system Administrator (Fulltime - for the same above Employer)

July 2006 December 2006 - System Admin

December 2006 - April 2007 - System Admin

June 2007 - present - Network Engineer

Certification Hold:

Diploma in computer hardware

Diploma in networking

Diploma in Windows 2000 & 2003

CCNA

CCNP (Routing & Switching)

I have a blood relation in oz to provide spocership for me, Please let me know whether i am eligible to launch application to ACS?

Also , please let me know whether my Msc degree will be enough to sumbit my papers under Group A criteria
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

Seles83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Am I eligible for apply PR?

Originally Posted by shankar1023
Hello,

I am Sankar, I wanted to know whether i am eligible for applying Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176) Visa, Let me introduce about me briefly below

Qualification :

Experience

April 2005 to July 2006 - system Administrator (Fulltime - for the same above Employer)

Certification Hold:

Diploma in networking

CCNA

I have a blood relation in oz to provide spocership for me, Please let me know whether i am eligible to launch application to

Also , please let me know whether my Msc degree will be enough to sumbit my papers under Group A criteria
You have good experience ....but i get this feeling that your Bachelors or Masters is not IT related...Please visit ACS Website confirm...The network engineer job اwill most likely give an assessment in CSL

Last edited by Seles83; Apr 18th 2009 at 4:24 am.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Seles83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Brief Summary of the Classes
2.2. GROUP A
Qualifications Criteria
2.2.1. Courses must contain at least a major in ICT, and a predominant objective should be to
educate persons to be professionals in ICT.
2.2.2. Applicants with
(a) an Australian Bachelor degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher degree qualification, with
a major in information communication technology (ICT); or
(b) an overseas qualification assessed as being comparable to an Australian Bachelor
degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher degree qualification, with a major in ICT.
2.2.3. As a guide, a major in a Bachelor degree must have a minimum of two equivalent full-time
semesters of ICT content. Such ICT content must progress through all years of the
program with at least one third of it being at a demonstrably advanced level (final year
level).
2.2.4. The same criteria in relation to ICT content and progression as described for a Bachelor
degree in 2.2.3 apply to programs which are postgraduate in time but substantially
undergraduate in content.
2.2.5. As a guide, to meet the criteria a Graduate Diploma or Masters degree which is
undergraduate in content and taken usually after a qualification other than an ICT degree or
equivalent, must:
Australian Computer Society Inc
Skills Assessment (For Migration Purposes Only) – Information Technology (Computing) Professional
Procedures Information Manual, Australian Computer Society PIM 2 Issue 9, 23 February 2009
(a) Contain a minimum of three semesters*; and
(b) Contain a minimum of twelve units; and
(c) Contain two semesters* of full-time equivalent ICT content; and
(d) Be underpinned by an ICT or non-ICT degree level qualification or an AQF Advanced
Diploma or Diploma or equivalent; and
(e) Have at least one semester* of ICT study at a demonstrably advanced level.
* Duration of study is expressed for full-time study. Where study is completed at a rate less
than full-time, then scaling to the equivalent of full-time is applied.
2.2.6. As a guide, a major in ICT for a Post Graduate Diploma or higher degree qualification which
follows a degree-level qualification in ICT or equivalent must have an ICT content of at least
one third, all of which must be at post graduate level.
2.2.7. The qualification criteria above are similar to those required for membership at Member
level of the ACS (MACS CP (PCP)). Applicants must be current financial members and
must provide documentation to prove their claim. Applicants using membership of the ACS
must have been a Member at the listed level for at least one year before being eligible to
apply under the membership category.
Experience Criteria
2.2.8. Applicants in Group A must have at least four (4) equivalent years of full-time relevant ICT
experience at professional level prior to the date of their application for Pre Application
Skills Assessment (PASA).
2.3. GROUP B
Qualifications Criteria
2.3.1. Applicants with
(a) an Australian AQF Diploma or Australian AQF Advanced Diploma with a major in ICT, or
an Australian Bachelor degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher qualification with a
minor (sub-major) in ICT; or
(b) an overseas qualification assessed as being comparable to an Australian AQF Diploma
or an Australian AQF Advanced Diploma with a major in ICT, or an Australian
Bachelor degree, or Graduate Diploma, or higher qualification with a minor (submajor)
in ICT.
2.3.2. As a guide for an AQF Diploma or an AQF Advanced Diploma or overseas equivalent, the
ICT content must be at least 50%.
2.3.3. As a guide for a minor (sub-major) for a Bachelor degree the ICT content must be at least
20%.
2.3.4. As a guide for a Graduate Diploma or higher degree qualification described in 2.2.5 above,
a minor (sub-major) must relate to a program with an ICT content of at least 50%.
2.3.5. As a guide for a Post Graduate Diploma or higher degree qualification described in 2.2.6
above, a minor (sub-major) must relate to a program with ICT content of at least 15% and
less than 33%.
Experience Criteria
2.3.6. Applicants in Group B must have at least six (6) equivalent years of full-time relevant ICT
experience at professional level prior to the date of their application for PASA.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Thanks a lot for you Quick reply.

I am not still clear about ICT, is that means my MSC degree Qualification is not accpetable by ICT? Actually what is ICT? and where can i find whether my degree comes under ICT? Please give it to me Straight whether i am eligible to apply PR.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

ssumit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks a lot for you Quick reply.

I am not still clear about ICT, is that means my MSC degree Qualification is not accpetable by ICT? Actually what is ICT? and where can i find whether my degree comes under ICT? Please give it to me Straight whether i am eligible to apply PR.
Hi You can read thru all details in acs.org.au

it'll give you all answers for ur questions..
Old Apr 20th 2009, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

Actually what is ICT? and where can i find whether my degree comes under ICT? Please give it to me Straight whether i am eligible to apply PR.
as a systems admin you should have heard about information & communications technology ... also you should know what you studied... no one better than yourself can tell you whether or not your degree comprises ICT.

finally, if you go to diac's website, and take a look at the visa options and work out your points, you'll be able to tell for yourself whether you're eligible or not... just roll up those sleeves and get working hard, for it's a bit of a tough one to bite

check here for visa options: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...sa-options.htm
Old Apr 20th 2009, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a relatiev who can sponsor you for a 176 visa, you only need 100 points and may not even need to go to ACS for an assessment of your skills. Nominating any 50 point VETASSESS assessed SOL occupation will score you 50 points and you will score 20 for your age.

You will need to meet basic criteria of Competent English (IELTS 6) which scores you 15 and you must have 12 months "skilled" SOL experience.

IELTS 7 will give you 25 points and mean you meet teh 176 pass-mark as lon gas you can convince DIAC that you have 12 months recent "skilled" work experience. If there is no IT content with your degree and you do not have any formal IT quals, DIAC may only count yoru experience as skilled after you have had 5 years relevant experience - so you would need another year (5 plus 1). ACS recognition could be further away as they may not recognise your first technican job at all or, at best, pro rata the time.

So you shoudl check out both pathways, via ACS AND via VETASSESS.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
www.visabureau.com
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Are you sure whether i could go with VETASSESS? Because i see from the Doc http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf that my Designation will be accessed by ACS and they mentioned i must contact the relevent Accessing Authority which is ACS. Could you please clarify this?
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

jenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nicejenny79 is just really nice

i think what tony meant that you can go for Vetassess if and only if you have a sponsor, hence you opt for a 50-pt occupation related to your field instead
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Yes Correct, But VETASSESS is for Only Non-IT, and I cant see my Occupation (Network Engineer) in SOL of VETA.. , So how can i decide to apply with them? Correct me if i am wrong.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

that is a pretty specific question which i'd rather not answer since i'm not an agent and i can't give suggestions... neither would i know anyway... but i guess your first question to answer is whether you have an eligible sponsor to sponsor you.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Qualification :

Experience

Certification Hold:

Diploma in networking

CCNA

I have a blood relation in oz to provide spocership for me, Please let me know whether i am eligible to launch application to ACS?

How much (if any) of your 1st degree was IT related?

Which state are you thinking of applying to and which specific skill?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

I had 2 IT papers both in my Bsc and Msc Degree, also i have done a IT related project in my post graduate degree.

I have 4.5 years of experience in system / network Administration, i have 2 years of specific skill experience in network, so i am thinking to apply for under network engineer category.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I had 2 IT papers both in my Bsc and Msc Degree, also i have done a IT related project in my post graduate degree.

I have 4.5 years of experience in system / network Administration, i have 2 years of specific skill experience in network, so i am thinking to apply for under network engineer category.
Do you understand how state sponsorship works? You need get approval from the state first and, for instance, networking is not on the skills list for NSW.
So have you checked the skills lists for each state? Have you a preference for a state? Even then I don't think you have sufficient qualifications/experience for ACS assessment.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slackbloke
Even then I don't think you have sufficient qualifications/experience for ACS assessment.
i guess that's why tony suggested the sponsorship route, he'll then be able to avoid a 60-point qualification, find something that is closely related, but assessed by Vetassess and take it from there.

not sure though, that's my guess from reading tony's post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.