Alternative English Tests

Old Sep 8th 2014, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alternative English Tests

The DIBP have announced how the scores for the new English tests (due to be accepted sometime in November, date still to be announced) will be benchmarked against IELTS.

I have provided a comparison of the scores in a table on my website along with a list of visas for which these tests can be used (NB does not yet include SC457).
English Scores | Taylor Made Immigration
Old Oct 5th 2014, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

ashish2685 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alternative English Tests

I am ashish patel. I want to get pr in Australia and I qualified as a experience and sol list. But I don't pass ielts eligible test for pr. So I am interested I tofel or naati test to get pr. So this two test is valid instead of ielts test?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 10:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ashish2685
I am ashish patel. I want to get pr in Australia and I qualified as a experience and sol list. But I don't pass ielts eligible test for pr. So I am interested I tofel or naati test to get pr. So this two test is valid instead of ielts test?
There are other English tests that you can take instead of IELTS, but you need to prove that you have competent English. The link in TeeTMI's post will show you the scores required if you take TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test) or PTE Academic (Pearsons Test of English Academic). NAATI provide a test for people wishing to claim points for an additional language and not for English.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:07 am
Just Joined

TOFEL ibt test is right now valid for put up immigration file for Australia ? If yes then I summit my file. I am electrical engineer with 9 year experience. So PTE academic test is valid for me ?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 5:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

TOFEL ibt test is right now valid for put up immigration file for Australia ? If yes then I summit my file. I am electrical engineer with 9 year experience. So PTE academic test is valid for me ?
No, as stated in the opening post, these tests will be accepted from sometime in November. Info here - Alternative English Language tests for visa applicants
Old Nov 12th 2014, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

Now. Toefl ibt test is valid for immigration process in Australia ?
If yes then which score comparison with ielts exam.
Old Nov 13th 2014, 7:12 am

Now. Toefl ibt test is valid for immigration process in Australia ?
If yes then which score comparison with ielts exam.
If you check the FAQ in the link, scores for TOEFL IBT equal to competent are Listening - 12; Reading - 13; Writing - 21 and Speaking - 18.

For Proficient (10 points) these scores would need to be 24, 24, 27 and 23; and 28, 29, 30, 26 for Superior (20 points)
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

The date that the new tests has been announced

"Two additional English language tests, the TOEFL and Pearson tests, will be accepted from the 23 November 2014 and the Department’s online lodgement systems will also be updated at that date."
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 9:28 am
Just Joined

I am interested to put up my imagination file to Australia.
si EA body of Australia also accept this tofel scrore compare with ielts.
if yes then give me guideline.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 9:44 am

That's a bit confusing to follow - are you asking if Engineers Australia will accept a TOEFL ibt score instead of IELTS?
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 11:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You're very lucky that Sparkles responded to that! You need to include the word 'please' when you're asking people to do something for you, i.e. "could you please give me....." or "I would appreciate it if you could give me...."

The way you have written it, it sounds like a very rude demand
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

Sir.
please give me information about engineers Australia will be expected tofel exam instead of ielts.
and if yes then please give me minimum requirements of tofel band scrore for immigration purpose.
Kind your cooperation.
Old Nov 22nd 2014, 6:47 pm

Sir.
please give me information about engineers Australia will be expected tofel exam instead of ielts.
and if yes then please give me minimum requirements of tofel band scrore for immigration purpose.
Kind your cooperation.
I don't think we have any Sirs on the forum but I could be mistaken.

I looked at the EA website and they only seem to recognise IELTS at the moment - if I remember correctly, you need BAND 6.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

that adam guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Patel, it seems your english is letting you down even asking for help on here. I would recommend taking a short english course before paying to take the Immigration english test as it is not something someone should do 'off the cuff' if it is not that person's first language.

Kind regards
Old Nov 24th 2014, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sir.
Kind your cooperation.
Adam guy is correct. You are not ready for any English test, take some classes first and learn the language. You will not be able to function when you get here otherwise, it will be a good investment for your future in Australia.