Wikiposts

An all time record for Spouse Visa

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An all time record for Spouse Visa

I posted it on Monday, it was delivered on Tuesday and I got it back this morning first thing.

Just to reassure anyone else applying for spouse visa's at the mo...
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

imate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really nice
Default Re: An all time record for Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by iPom
I posted it on Monday, it was delivered on Tuesday and I got it back this morning first thing.

Just to reassure anyone else applying for spouse visa's at the mo...
Hi Ipom,

Conguradulations, I'll be hoping the same for my wife this summer. Any tips please, what sort of documents or information did you include. Thanks.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Smile Re: An all time record for Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by imate1
Hi Ipom,

Conguradulations, I'll be hoping the same for my wife this summer. Any tips please, what sort of documents or information did you include. Thanks.

I gave them joint bills, mortgage statement, anything that had both our names on, including some airline tickets from our last flight to Aus. Also pictures of our three children, and the declarations from two Australian citizens that our marriage was genuine... Then we both (hub and I) wrote our declarations including as much detail as we could and that was it.

I was advised to put my passport in with the application, so that they put the visa in there and then.
It seemed to be a rubber stamp job after 12 years of marriage!

I hope that yours is that simple.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

imate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
I gave them joint bills, mortgage statement, anything that had both our names on, including some airline tickets from our last flight to Aus. Also pictures of our three children, and the declarations from two Australian citizens that our marriage was genuine... Then we both (hub and I) wrote our declarations including as much detail as we could and that was it.

I was advised to put my passport in with the application, so that they put the visa in there and then.
It seemed to be a rubber stamp job after 12 years of marriage!

I hope that yours is that simple.
Hi ipom

Thank you very much for all time fast reply . You said provided declarations from two Australian citizens, how about if you don't have that meaning, if yuou don't know any Australian citizens? will that be ok?
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by imate1
Hi ipom

Thank you very much for all time fast reply . You said provided declarations from two Australian citizens, how about if you don't have that meaning, if yuou don't know any Australian citizens? will that be ok?

I really couldn't say, imate... You'd have to enquire what to do, with the immigration people. I think they assume you are already living in Australia as the questions are written that way. I suppose if you don't know any Australians, then you'd need other declarations from other people.
I used my father in law and a friend.