Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Well it is now exactly 1 year since we applied for a Contributing Parent Visa 143. Our agent told us to be patient and that the 10 month wait for a Case Officer would soon be over. He also said that we could reasonably expect to get our visa by January 2009 – just in time to escape the UK winter.

However, what a year of frustration it has been, as many CPV applicants will know themselves!

So it is good to see that the slow drip of visa awards continues and best wishes to those who have recently had some good news.

Charlie
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

just a few days behind you charlie5 - stay positive - my mum and I know exactly how you feel!

congrats to those who have been issued their visas
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:32 pm
Glorianic

Australia is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your good wishes, I know what you are going through but at the end it went so quick I couldnt believe it. Now the hard slog to sell the house and what a time it is going to be. Still nearly there. We are going out for Xmas but I wont want to come back knowing I have my visa and the only thing stopping me is the house.

I am sure you wont have much longer to wait, I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you

Gloria

Originally Posted by donovandenese
just a few days behind you charlie5 - stay positive - my mum and I know exactly how you feel!

congrats to those who have been issued their visas
Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Callaway105 is on a distinguished road

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this website and new to this thread and I have heaps of questions that you guys are more than qualified to give me some answers on. I'm off to the Australia Expo in London tomorrow to find out more but my main concern is getting my parents over with us.

My sister has been in Oz for nearly 5 years now and she is going to sponsor us and we are then both hoping get our parents over.

However, my main concern is my father's health.

Could someone tell me the standard of health that is required for aged parents?? My father is not sick but is not particularly bouncy! He's on blood pressure tablets and pain killers and has a few issues that may be brought up. My mother has osteoporosis. Will this scarper their chances of passing a medical? Does anyone know what passes and what doesn't?

Any advice on how to get through this would be great. Basically if my parents can't go then we won't as I won't leave my parents behind as they will have no-one as both children and grand children will be in Oz.

Thanks.

Claire.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:54 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Callaway105
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this website and new to this thread and I have heaps of questions that you guys are more than qualified to give me some answers on. I'm off to the Australia Expo in London tomorrow to find out more but my main concern is getting my parents over with us.

My sister has been in Oz for nearly 5 years now and she is going to sponsor us and we are then both hoping get our parents over.

Could someone tell me the standard of health that is required for aged parents?? My father is not sick but is not particularly bouncy! He's on blood pressure tablets and pain killers and has a few issues that may be brought up. My mother has osteoporosis. Will this scarper their chances of passing a medical? Does anyone know what passes and what doesn't?

Any advice on how to get through this would be great. Basically if my parents can't go then we won't as I won't leave my parents behind as they will have no-one as both children and grand children will be in Oz.

Thanks.

Claire.
Hi Claire. I'm no medical expert but hopefully someone will be a long shortly to put your mind at rest. My parents have just had their medicals & my mum had to have further tests as she has COPD (lung disease) & an open wound in her leg from a road accident 40 years ago!
The drs have told her not to worry & hopefully we'll here some good news soon. Try not to worry as i've heard people passing medicals with all kinds of health issues. Goodluck & welcome to BE!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone

It's my first time on here and I just have to say how glad I am to have found this website. Congratulations to all the new "Red Star Gang" members and good luck to all those still waiting. Please add me to your list Sandch - I look forward to moving up it!

I'm sure there will be many questions but my first one is this: Does anyone have any experience of getting police checks done in Spain? I'm imagining it will be a lengthy process and I'm wondering if I should make a start sooner rather than later. Any thoughts, suggestions etc most welcome..........

Thanks very much.

Val
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by Callaway105
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

Claire.
Hi! Welcome to The All New Sparkly thread!

I think You'll find, after a bit off research, that most of the cpv applicants, have a 'medical issue' or two! (You will also find out, that a lot of other visa applicants have asked questions ref; various health problems). I think as long as you meet the family criteria, Aos etc; health isn't usually a big problem, of course, unless something major is found, and we all worry regards this, eh? (A friend, because they were so worried, paid for a medical, just to find out, ahead of the application, they were told, theirs shouldn't be a problem, so they've applied!). All applicants are so nervous, before their medicals, not for them, but, sometimes it's quite funny reading the threads!!!!!!!! Regards Lin
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Originally Posted by val-phil
Hello Everyone

It's my first time on here and I just have to say how glad I am to have found this website. Congratulations to all the new "Red Star Gang" members and good luck to all those still waiting. Please add me to your list Sandch - I look forward to moving up it!

I'm sure there will be many questions but my first one is this: Does anyone have any experience of getting police checks done in Spain? I'm imagining it will be a lengthy process and I'm wondering if I should make a start sooner rather than later. Any thoughts, suggestions etc most welcome..........

Thanks very much.

Val
Hi! welcome to our lovely thread! Sorry, I can't help with your query, about Spain, but, if you have any problems, there are many people, from all over the world, who use expats, who, I'm sure, will be able to answer your questions. If not on, The All Sparkly, try asking with your own post! Regards Lin
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

val-phil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by home alone
Hi! welcome to our lovely thread! Sorry, I can't help with your query, about Spain, but, if you have any problems, there are many people, from all over the world, who use expats, who, I'm sure, will be able to answer your questions. If not on, The All Sparkly, try asking with your own post! Regards Lin
Thanks for your prompt reply and the warm welcome. Now searching other threads to see if I can find anything that might be remotely helpful. I had a police check done in Spain before we left there in 2006 on a tourist visa but it had to be done in person and I'm hoping to stay in Australia until closer to the time my CPV might be issued. I'm sure life isn't meant to be this complicated!! Regards. Val
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:31 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your prompt reply and the warm welcome. Now searching other threads to see if I can find anything that might be remotely helpful. I had a police check done in Spain before we left there in 2006 on a tourist visa but it had to be done in person and I'm hoping to stay in Australia until closer to the time my CPV might be issued. I'm sure life isn't meant to be this complicated!! Regards. Val
If you posta new thread in the main immigration forum on the subject of Spanish police checks, you should get some responses. I'm sure we have a few posters who have done them fairly recently
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

johnandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by home alone
Hi! Everyone, just thought I'd move the ALL NEW SPARKLY back up! we were slipping down!!?? October appears to be quiet for us cpv's, compared to the other threads, or is the damp weather making us all a bit depressed ? Getting on with the preparations for moving, and hopefully our last Xmas in the UK? Have any, cpv applications, received their CO/visa Email this month yet? Regards Lin
Yes,
We received not an e-mail but a letter from our newly appointed case officer dated 8 Oct, received by us on 15th. Our original application was acknowledged on 9 Aug 2007. A rather unfortunate complication for us is that we now have to get police check and medical done for my 93 year old mother in law in Brazil, not too easy when you live in France.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

johnandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Val,
You have probably had a reply already about the police check in Spain from an ex-Spanish resident. This is not a lot of help but we live in France and it was relatively easy, done by post and returned in 2 weeks. If you know the Spanish phrase for it , just Google it and you should find the form online and the address to which to send it. I think a criminal record is called 'expediente/ficha de antecedentes criminales/penales' so you may be able to find something using those words.
Regards
John and Lisa
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

The All New Sparkly is coming alive again, Brilliant! Don't forget to give your details to 'sandch', for the tracker.
Regards Lin

(sandch, pls add for me, visa 143, agent y!)
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

anyone think this is likely to affect 09/10 CPV numbers??

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...013404,00.html

am hoping its mainly re skilled migrants (especially as us CPV's actually have to pay to get in) - but I guess we would be naive to think the economic downturn won't have an affect
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:11 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everyone

Thanks very much.

Val
Hi Val and welcome. No urgency (this is the CPV thread after all!) but could you let me know when your acknowledgement was dated, which type the visa app is (143 etc) and if you're using an agent.

All the best.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.