Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 25th 2007, 11:30 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by moresunnydays
Hello Sleeping Beauty, Good news! DHL pick up our visa application documents on 28th August to arrive at our daughter's home in Sydney 3 days later. She signs and dates Form 40 and hopefully all lodged a few days later in Perth. We are glad that we found this thread and are looking forward very much to sharing and contributing whenever we can with everyone. So, here's to moresunnydays (Hazel'nAllan)

my parents - ack beginning of dec 06, heard nothing since
deci - ack mid feb 06, pcc/med/aos requested dec 06, should have visa by now?
pauline and iains parents - ack jun 06
auzziebound parents - ?
sapphire 3 - ack about june 06
alanandbarb35 - ack mar 07
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
mollyflanders - ack sep 06
barabara townend - ack sep 06
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
furureaussie - ack sep06, pcc/meds requested jul 07
cindyloo - waiting to send CPV , hopefully sep 07
ann h- inlaws ack 25th may 07
terry brook lodged 19 oct 06
ireneg - ack 22 aug 07
moresunnydays - sent 28aug07, ack ?

.......crikey, this list is getting long, and i know i have missed a few off. judging by the amount of parents moving over, it is no wonder that Perth have slowed down a bit this last year

welcome to BE hazel and allan. how long has your daughter been in sydney? have you any other children, and if so where are they?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

moresunnydays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

auzziebound parents - ?
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
ireneg - ack 22 aug 07

.......crikey, this list is getting long, and i know i have missed a few off. judging by the amount of parents moving over, it is no wonder that Perth have slowed down a bit this last year

welcome to BE hazel and allan. how long has your daughter been in sydney? have you any other children, and if so where are they?

Hi, good to see ourselves on the list, at the bottom at the moment but at the top eventually, hopefully. Our youngest daughter Evelyn lives in Dee Why and has been a citizen for about 3 years although she has lived in Australia for about 10 years now. She is quite settled and would never return to the UK. Our only other child and daughter lives in London and she seems quite pleased that we have applied to move to Australia. We have visited 4 times over the last 10 years, on 3 of those occasions by exchanging homes which makes the holiday much cheaper and stayed for on average about 2 months. However, good news, we leave the Uk for Sydney in 37 days time and counting before returning home to the frozen north mid March. Our accommodation arrangement this time is that, at Evelyn's suggestion, she move out of her 2 bed unit and go and live with friends nearby. This will give her a mortgage, strata and the rest holiday and she suggests that by doing this we will pay less than we would if we were to rent for 6 months. So, everyone is happy. She is not only our sponsor but also our authorised recipient so should be no problems if POPC needed to contact us while we are there. So, everyone, here's to moresunnydays.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point

yep you have mssed us off the list would appreciate you putting us on so we can track it, we had acknowledement from Perth 16th August 2007

thanks Gloria

auzziebound parents - ?
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
ireneg - ack 22 aug 07

Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glorianic
yep you have mssed us off the list would appreciate you putting us on so we can track it, we had acknowledement from Perth 16th August 2007

thanks Gloria
Oops, sorry

auzziebound parents - ?
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
ireneg - ack 22 aug 07
glorianic - ack 16aug07

this list is not in date order. i had thought of doing that, but never got round to it.

anymore for anymore?

edit.....just realised, i had added you as i thought on page one. but then somebody had replied back to my first post and asked me to add them on, so i just used their list (which was my first one??!!! confused, you will be ). anyway, you are now added on, for the second time - sorry.

Last edited by Sleeping Beauty; Aug 27th 2007 at 11:07 am.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

IreneG is on a distinguished road

Hi all

Does anyone have any advise/information about going to Australia on a travel visa while waiting for a co. Is it possible to extend a 3 month visa to 6 or 12 months and is is possible to have your medical in Australia.

Many thanks for any help.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:28 am
Just Joined

moresunnydays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IreneG
Hi all
Does anyone have any advise/information about going to Australia on a travel visa while waiting for a co. Is it possible to extend a 3 month visa to 6 or 12 months and is is possible to have your medical in Australia.
Many thanks for any help.
Hi, as you will see from our 26th Aug entry, we will be in Australia for about 6 months whilst application is with POPC. We have not inquired if this is ok or not but see no problem as we have advised of this on the additional info on the 47PA and anyhow our daughter is to receive all communications. If you have a look on page 36 of Booklet 3 it tells you about change of residential address whilst your application is being processed. Yes, you can extend your ETA to 6 or 12 months, have a look at:
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/h...lection_1.htm# As for the medical, we do not see a problem with that either, the only real criteria as you will know is that u are outside Aust when your visa is granted. DHL just picked up our application 10 mins ago
Old Aug 29th 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Many thanks, I saw that we we are one and then it disappeared again. but you have answered that one.

Thanks again

Gloria

Gloria
Oops, sorry

auzziebound parents - ?
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
ireneg - ack 22 aug 07
glorianic - ack 16aug07

this list is not in date order. i had thought of doing that, but never got round to it.

anymore for anymore?

edit.....just realised, i had added you as i thought on page one. but then somebody had replied back to my first post and asked me to add them on, so i just used their list (which was my first one??!!! confused, you will be ). anyway, you are now added on, for the second time - sorry.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 9:24 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if CPV fees can go up after the visa application has gone in?

Just wondering if the cost of the visa is the same as when the application was put in please
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

I applied in June 2006. I recently paid the 2nd instalment which was what they said it was in June 2006, not now.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/parent.htm#c

There is a note at the very bottom of the page for people who applied before April 2007.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by moresunnydays
Hi, as you will see from our 26th Aug entry, we will be in Australia for about 6 months whilst application is with POPC. We have not inquired if this is ok or not but see no problem as we have advised of this on the additional info on the 47PA and anyhow our daughter is to receive all communications. If you have a look on page 36 of Booklet 3 it tells you about change of residential address whilst your application is being processed. Yes, you can extend your ETA to 6 or 12 months, have a look at:
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/visas/h...lection_1.htm# As for the medical, we do not see a problem with that either, the only real criteria as you will know is that u are outside Aust when your visa is granted. DHL just picked up our application 10 mins ago
Thanks for that information. It gives me more confidence to know that others are doing a similar thing.
Old Aug 29th 2007, 2:53 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sapphire3
I applied in June 2006. I recently paid the 2nd instalment which was what they said it was in June 2006, not now.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/parent.htm#c

There is a note at the very bottom of the page for people who applied before April 2007.
Thank you sapphire3 that's useful to know
Old Aug 29th 2007, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

I have one son and his family living in Melbourne as an Aus citizen and my other son about to depart to Melbourne with his family having just received their visas. I was wondering if there are any more single ladies, like me, who are seriously considering selling up and joining their children and grandchildren on a CPV. Am I totally mad to leave the UK
Old Aug 29th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IreneG
I have one son and his family living in Melbourne as an Aus citizen and my other son about to depart to Melbourne with his family having just received their visas. I was wondering if there are any more single ladies, like me, who are seriously considering selling up and joining their children and grandchildren on a CPV. Am I totally mad to leave the UK
Hi Irene,

Im a single 55 year old lady whos doing just that, so if your mad so am I

Im leaving a 39 year old son and 2 year old grandson behind who said theyd rather visit me in Australia than sunny wakefield.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:55 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Hi Irene,

Im a single 55 year old lady whos doing just that, so if your mad so am I

Im leaving a 39 year old son and 2 year old grandson behind who said theyd rather visit me in Australia than sunny wakefield.
............okay, i am hoping for some movement from POPC. am i right in saying all september 06 applicants have been assigned a case officer?

okay, if that is the case, have we any october 06 applicants? i know there is just one on this list (terry brook), but they have only posted the once, so i think we might have scared them off .............any more october applicants? if so, have you heard anything at all?
Old Aug 30th 2007, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

terry brook has been assigned a co, i read it on go matilda , think he got one on 28th august

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.