Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
congratulations to you - see, i told you a new thread would bring good luck!! are you renting in terrigal?
Hi Michele good news after all our bad news our first grandson was born on wednesday and hes beautiful but then i am biased.
Janet
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Hi yes we have a rental for 6 months here in terrigal its a lovely place
Well done for doing the new thread. Its nice to see how everyone is getting on if you are ever down this way you are welcome to pop in.
Take care Jan
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:01 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Michele good news after all our bad news our first grandson was born on wednesday and hes beautiful but then i am biased.
Janet
wey hey, good news janet. what have they called him? see, more good news.......i like this new thread
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi yes we have a rental for 6 months here in terrigal its a lovely place
Well done for doing the new thread. Its nice to see how everyone is getting on if you are ever down this way you are welcome to pop in.
Take care Jan
i have heard it's nice jan. my good pal jim lives there, so it must be good.
thanks for the offer xx
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

wey hey, good news janet. what have they called him? see, more good news.......i like this new thread
Conor Lee
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

glorianic is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Have now got acknowledment from DIMIA n Perth and they quote they are still processing Sept 06 so a long long wait ahed

Gloria

Originally Posted by glorianic
Agent acknowledged but went to my daughter for more evidence of settling in Australia as she wont have been there for 2 years until Jan 08 but she has sold her house here and is settled in OZ, she sent back all the information on Monday so hope that is all they require
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Conor Lee
Hey good name....... that's my son's name too, so only slightly biased !!!!
Congratulations btw...hope everyone is well
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

windy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Newbie here wants to tap into the collective wisdom of all these forumites.

We are UK parents aged 66,61 whose daughter emigrated 3 yrs ago. She has Oz residency for >2yrs and we meet the balance of family test. We have never applied for any kind of temp/permanet visa before, just visited for short periods on an ETA.

We are considering applying for aged parent contributory visas. Can anyone confirm the correct form is 47PA for sub-class 864.

Further question: After such a visa is granted, is it necessary to actually take up residence in Oz otherwise the visa lapses, or is the it permanently valid to be "used" whenever it suits the migrants to make the move.

Thanks and apols if this posting is not in the correct place.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:56 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windy1

We are UK parents aged 66,61 whose daughter emigrated 3 yrs ago. She has Oz residency for >2yrs and we meet the balance of family test. We have never applied for any kind of temp/permanet visa before, just visited for short periods on an ETA.

We are considering applying for aged parent contributory visas. Can anyone confirm the correct form is 47PA for sub-class 864.

Further question: After such a visa is granted, is it necessary to actually take up residence in Oz otherwise the visa lapses, or is the it permanently valid to be "used" whenever it suits the migrants to make the move.

Hi

................ and welcome to BE This thread is as good a place as any for your questions although not sure if there are any others waiting for your particular visa.

Can I advise you to check out the family migration section of this site: www.immi.gov.au which will give you all the general info you will need to make a start.

For your additional question, there is a time limit by which you must validate your visa (I believe) but not now sure what that is!

Any further questions - fire away - someone will pick up on them for you.

Regards

Jim
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:02 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

i have heard it's nice jan. my good pal jim lives there, so it must be good.
thanks for the offer xx
Hello M

How are you going?

You're right

We'll be passing your place - very quickly - this morning on our way to Forster/Tuncurry for a few days.

Hopefully the weather is now on the mend to allow me some golf at Tallwoods while we are there

Jim
Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:07 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi Jim,
Not sure where Woodland is but we are living in Karla Ave near the Onda restaurant.
Thanks for your congrats, its good to finally be here and see the family.

My husband and I could meet you for a coffee one day it would be good to get some local knowledge and tips.

Take care Jan and Andy
Hi

From where you are - come down past the Terrigal pub - turn right at the traffic lights into Willoughby - Woodland is the 3rd on the left up there!

We'll be away for a few days now (and away from PCs and phones )but would love to meet up with you both after we get back later next week.

Regards

Jim and Gill

ps also sent you a v quick PM
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:47 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello M

How are you going?

You're right

We'll be passing your place - very quickly - this morning on our way to Forster/Tuncurry for a few days.

Hopefully the weather is now on the mend to allow me some golf at Tallwoods while we are there

Jim
hi jim, you still about, or have you set off?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:56 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by windy1

.....congratulations to glorianic on your acknowledgment - it's one step nearer!

welcome to BE windy1. you have to validate your visa, usually a year from the dates of your medicals/police checks (whichever are the earliest). sometimes, if a health undertaking is enforced, this might be reduced to 6 months from those dates. i am not so sure on the CPV, but on our visa, once it was validated, we had 5 years to make the move. but we just came out and didnt validate it, so we didnt use that option. (hope thats what you meant). check on the website that jim gave you, the answer might be there. otherwise, someone else who might know should be along to answer it.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

sapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the roughsapphire3 is a jewel in the rough

Sent my passport to Australian High Commission (silver pouch special delivery) on Monday to have the visa sticker put it in. It came back on Thursday all done!

Just booked validation trip for mid September, to coincide with my son, his wife and my 4 grandchildren moving in to their new house - well, they should already be in it, hopefully, when I arrive.

Have patience, people who are waiting. It does happen in the end! I originally applied in June 06.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

moresunnydays is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ireneg. i have added you to the list (which is growing ever longer)....

my parents - ack beginning of dec 06, heard nothing since
deci - ack mid feb 06, pcc/med/aos requested dec 06, should have visa by now?
pauline and iains parents - ack jun 06
auzziebound parents - ?
sapphire 3 - ack about june 06
alanandbarb35 - ack mar 07
nico - ?
mick bev - end march 07
brianj - april 07
mollyflanders - ack sep 06
barabara townend - ack sep 06
cazbeckham - feb 07
lol parents - april 07
furureaussie - ack sep06, pcc/meds requested jul 07
cindyloo - waiting to send CPV , hopefully sep 07
ann h- inlaws ack 25th may 07
terry brook lodged 19 oct 06
ireneg - ack 22 aug 07

.....welcome to BE, and ask away any questions which may crop up. somebody is bound to know the answer somewhere.
Hello Sleeping Beauty, Good news! DHL pick up our visa application documents on 28th August to arrive at our daughter's home in Sydney 3 days later. She signs and dates Form 40 and hopefully all lodged a few days later in Perth. We are glad that we found this thread and are looking forward very much to sharing and contributing whenever we can with everyone. So, here's to moresunnydays (Hazel'nAllan)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.