Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:35 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Re: started

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi Caz

IMHO - you are going about it the right way - as you have an agent let her handle your situation - that is why you are paying for her services. She should also be able to get any current info out of your CO. She should also be able to find out regarding your position post-July if there are, indeed, to be no more grants until then.

I have a hunch that this situation was also relevant in 2006 (?) - have a search through the previous CP visa threads to see if you can find anything.

I cannot advise you regarding your house, of course, and nor would I presume to do so - I was just trying to give you my thoughts on the present situation re the UK housing market. Only you can tell if the market is buoyant in your particular area or if you may need some months to get a buyer - as I said "rock and hard place" spring to mind. You mention possibly putting it on the market in mid May after your holiday - I should think that the current situation will be a lot clearer by then and you should be able to make your decision accordingly..

I appreciate that this is all frustrating and additional hassle that you can do without but it does come right in the end

Regards

Jim
Thank You Jim

Caz
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:31 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Jim, Bev,Mick

I know that everything on our side has been cleared and we were just waiting to be asked for 2nd VAC payment.

So apart from paying that which we were just about to be asked for can you see any reason not be granted the visa?
My OH is very sceptical and says we shouldnt put house on market till visa is granted but I reckon it should perhaps go on the market when we come back from a holiday we have booked in mid May. I suppose we could always delay it if the worse comes to the worse.

Would we be able to get an extension on our year to validate as it was not our fault they put a hold on these visas. And how quick if it is July 1st would we be granted visa seeing as we were just about to pay.

I have emailed my CO to ask these questions and no reply and have also emailed my Agent and again no reply so I have left a message for my Agent to call me to day. Will let you know what she says later.

Caz
Caz,

I am sure your agent will advise you as soon as he hears anything regarding your application ...

Best regards.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Jim, Bev,Mick

I know that everything on our side has been cleared and we were just waiting to be asked for 2nd VAC payment.

So apart from paying that which we were just about to be asked for can you see any reason not be granted the visa?
My OH is very sceptical and says we shouldnt put house on market till visa is granted but I reckon it should perhaps go on the market when we come back from a holiday we have booked in mid May. I suppose we could always delay it if the worse comes to the worse.

Would we be able to get an extension on our year to validate as it was not our fault they put a hold on these visas. And how quick if it is July 1st would we be granted visa seeing as we were just about to pay.

I have emailed my CO to ask these questions and no reply and have also emailed my Agent and again no reply so I have left a message for my Agent to call me to day. Will let you know what she says later.

Caz

Hi Caz, Mick & Bev
Been following the latest situation with interest as we applied shortly after you. We have had meds on 17/12/07 and police checks the same time but haven't heard anything yet. Haven't been asked for the ass of support bond yet, which with the present situation being as it is am rather glad. It really is not on to take the money and then to put things on hold. The other problem is the timescale for validating the visa when it is eventually granted. If they start granting visas in July it doesn't give much time to sell up and get there, although a validation visit is a nice thought it just adds to the expence doesn't it. All pretty depressing especially with the horrible weather here lately. Still, just have to keep on breaking open another bottle of aussie wine and keep dreaming.
Barb
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Ah ha........ just as we suspected..... this year's quota is nearly full ... and its only the back end of January with 5 months to go until the end of the visa (and tax) year here.

You and Caz also and, no doubt, many others are now a bit between a rock and a hard place. You are right in saying that, once having filled all the requirements, it should be just down to paying the 2nd VAC before the visa is granted but I can appreciate where Caz is coming from - not wanting to commit re the house until the visa is actually received.

With the current downturn in the financial markets and the likelihood that UK house prices are still unrealistically high, it could be a rocky road over the next year or so - just ask us over here who have been watching the value of our UK pensions falling each month as the AU$ is holding up well against the £.

If you have any chance of tying up some sort of forward contract with a dealer for anything above, say, $2.35, I would personally bite his hand off at that price as you are unlikely to get it. The currency here, mind you, is notoriously volatile and swings between 10 and 20 cents over a very short period of time have not been uncommon. My gut feeling, however, is that the situation is now different to the recent past and that the UK economy is nowhere near as healthy as you would be made to believe and with the current strong Au$ we may be looking at an exchange rate below $2.30 for some time.

This is all just "thoughts out loud" of course and I do not profess to be any sort of financial expert

............. whatever, good luck.

Jim
Hi Jim Caz Alan & Barb

Its not a great situation at the moment and its very frustating to be so close

However, not a lot we can do with the present situation ie visa, houses or pound vs dollar. Mind you, will keep your idea in mind Jim re the exchange rates!

As with the housing market, in our experience it takes 3 to 5 months to sell a house in the UK so with a buyer in a chain their is nearly always a hiccup along the way to prolong the process.

Have to stay focused and watch all the above markets I suppose.

Good luck everyone with whatever path you choose

Mick and Bev
Old Jan 30th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

hi sleeping beauty

don't expect you remember me but i started the last new post many many months ago now!!!! so nice to see so many of you still on here.

we got here in may last year and still finding our feet!

just found a meet up close by and soon so that was great.

to all you parents out there. stick with it, it works out in the end.

good luck

lorraine
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:39 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi sleeping beauty

don't expect you remember me but i started the last new post many many months ago now!!!! so nice to see so many of you still on here.

good luck

lorraine
hi lorraine, of course i do whereabouts have you settled? it does take a wee while to find your feet (some more than others).

this halt in the proceedings isnt helping the cause there is no end in sight at the minute, as nobody knows when anything is going to happen.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

hi sleeping beauty

good luck

lorraine
Hi Lorraine

You might not remember us but I was only wondering about you the other day as hadn't seen you on the BE for some time. We arrived in Jan last year, just before you. We have been going to the Central Coast Meet Ups and have met up with some of the others who used to be on the site around the same time as us e.g. Frayne, Jim Clevs. There don't seem to be many Meets in the Newcastle area but it is only about 45 - 60 mins drive to the Central Coast so 'no worries' there.

Hope you have settled as well as we have. Can't believe that we have been here one whole year already!!! All those months of agonising were worth it so I echo your words to say to all those still going through the process - hang in there and be patient and use the time lag to do research and get things organised ready for the BIG MOVE!!! It all comes good in the end eh?

All the best

Linda
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

great that you remembered me i just thought i would see what was happening on the site and so glad i did now.

we are at coolum beach and we have been here since may.

it is great to be with the children and the grandchildren. I am struggling a bit to make friends but i have a few people i know now and it takes time doesn't it?

we are on a temporary contributory visa and have not started our second part yet. will be doing it soon though and then the paperwork starts again!!! oh no not a nice thought ha ha.

lorraine
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:30 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

great that you remembered me i just thought i would see what was happening on the site and so glad i did now.

we are at coolum beach and we have been here since may.

it is great to be with the children and the grandchildren. I am struggling a bit to make friends but i have a few people i know now and it takes time doesn't it?

we are on a temporary contributory visa and have not started our second part yet. will be doing it soon though and then the paperwork starts again!!! oh no not a nice thought ha ha.

lorraine
Hi

Good to hear from you.

Have just sent you a PM.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

hi jim

thanks for the pm i will certainly have a look. I teach papercrafting and I have been trying to get a business of the ground. It is like being new girl back at school. ha ha. exciting though as well as daunting at times.

I know that things take longer here to get set up and that the pace of life is slower. that is one of the things that attracted us in the first place so it would be foolish to be one of the ones that then moan about it wouldn't it?

I am so looking forward to meeting up with others though, it will be great to go over how everyone is getting on etc.

lorraine
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

hi jim

thanks for the pm i will certainly have a look. I teach papercrafting and I have been trying to get a business of the ground. It is like being new girl back at school. ha ha. exciting though as well as daunting at times.

I know that things take longer here to get set up and that the pace of life is slower. that is one of the things that attracted us in the first place so it would be foolish to be one of the ones that then moan about it wouldn't it?

I am so looking forward to meeting up with others though, it will be great to go over how everyone is getting on etc.

lorraine
Hi Lorraine
Good to hear from you, we have been here just over a year now and made some good friends Jim& Gill ,Linda (budababes)& keith and Derekm & Anna we have had a good few get togethers and it does make the settling in a lot easier when you start to make friends. god luck with your new business venture best wishes
Janet
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

i janet

i have thought about you on and off a lot over these past few months. great to hear from you.

where are you settled now then?

sounds like you are getting into things which is great.

lorraine
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

i janet

i have thought about you on and off a lot over these past few months. great to hear from you.

where are you settled now then?

sounds like you are getting into things which is great.

lorraine
Hi sent you a pm
janet
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

hi - has anyone in the CPV application process been given a case officer in the last few weeks? If so - what was the date of your original application?

I understand that the POPC is still processing CPV paperwork although they've put a hold on actually issuing the CPV's - so I'm just looking for a rough idea which month they are up to.

Thanks
Old Feb 8th 2008, 1:54 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by donovandenese
hi - has anyone in the CPV application process been given a case officer in the last few weeks? If so - what was the date of your original application?

I understand that the POPC is still processing CPV paperwork although they've put a hold on actually issuing the CPV's - so I'm just looking for a rough idea which month they are up to.

Thanks
Hi there

I got my CO on 14th November 07 and have done my police checks and medicals and they are all cleared and have also paid the Assurance of Support Bond.
Was just about to pay the 2nd vac then granted visa when it was all put on hold so now I wait with baited breath, not going to hold my breath as I might die before I get my visa :-)

I think they are still working through the paperwork right up to just before they ask you to do meds etc.

Prob get my visa in July now but sooner would be an absolute bonus.

Best wishes

Caz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.