Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:31 am
Just Joined

harrydj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re:started

Thanks for replies and good wishes
My wife and I have been in Sydney since September on 6 months visa to see our son, daughter-in-law and grandson who is 14 months old. We intend to settle in Sydney. Back to near Boston UK in 6 weeks time for the long wait!
Any idea how long before we receive an acknowledgement to our application?

Regards
Harry & Cath
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:33 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by DivingMissDaisy
Does contributory parent visas work the same as normal ones, in that you need to validate 1yr from medicals then move within 5yrs? or is it different?

Thanks, I've tried a search but it was taking ages going through all the posts.

x
Hi

Yes - same ruling - 1 year for validation from date of the medicals/police checks. As the CP visa grant is now taking over 12 months you will need to work out the best time to do the medicals if they are going to be front-loaded.

Whatever, you may also be best waiting for further info re the current stoppage of CP visas as shown at the head of this particular forum. This is presumably but a temporary halt, for whatever reason - perhaps this year's quota has already been met at the 6-month stage

The agents are apparently still unaware of the way forward and they are better placed than most for info.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:34 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: started

Originally Posted by harrydj
My wife and I have been in Sydney since September on 6 months visa to see our son, daughter-in-law and grandson who is 14 months old. We intend to settle in Sydney. Back to near Boston UK in 6 weeks time for the long wait!

Regards
Harry & Cath
Hi

Please see my reply above to the other poster.

Regards

Jim

ps acknowledgement - almost certainly not within 9 months - unless when the situation as described above is settled there is a major increase in POPC staff for processing That is highly unlikely

Last edited by Jimclevs; Jan 21st 2008 at 5:40 am.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Harry & Cath
Hi Harry I was just going to say your up early till i saw you were in Sydney, Ill be there tomorrow looking after my 4 month old grandson for the day hope the weather improves.
Janet
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:55 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Harry I was just going to say your up early till i saw you were in Sydney, Ill be there tomorrow looking after my 4 month old grandson for the day hope the weather improves.
Janet
Ay oop Janet !

Just sending you a PM.

Jim
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:05 am
Just Joined

harrydj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re:started

Jim - do you mean it will be 9 months before they acknowledge we have sent them the forms?

Harry
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:30 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jim - do you mean it will be 9 months before they acknowledge we have sent them the forms?

Harry
Hi

No - sorry - not clear enough.

You should get an acknowledgement within, say, a month.

Case Officer appointment could be 9 months away.

Hope that's clearer - depressing, but clearer.

............. but, and there's always a but............ the current cessation of processing and eventual resumption thereof...... may change the timeframes of course.

Fingers crossed.

Jim
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

No - sorry - not clear enough.

You should get an acknowledgement within, say, a month.

Case Officer appointment could be 9 months away.

Hope that's clearer - depressing, but clearer.

............. but, and there's always a but............ the current cessation of processing and eventual resumption thereof...... may change the timeframes of course.

Fingers crossed.

Jim
Hi

Had an email from our CO today. He has confirmed all paperwork ok, so presumably 'we are in', however thought I would cut and paste the next section as its easier than writing it..........

"Your application has fulfilled all the requirements and it has been placed on a queue.

As you may be aware, the places for this visa category are limited and we
are nearing the quota for this programme year. The Department is aware of
this, however, no decision has been made by the government. Currently we
have stopped requesting second visa application charge until further
notice. When we have an official comment, we will inform our clients and
stakeholders."

No real help, but thought it was an up to date report!!

Hopefully awaiting good news asap!!

Mick an Bev
Old Jan 21st 2008, 6:35 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mick-Bev
Hi

Had an email from our CO today. He has confirmed all paperwork ok, so presumably 'we are in', however thought I would cut and paste the next section as its easier than writing it..........

"Your application has fulfilled all the requirements and it has been placed on a queue.

stakeholders."

Mick an Bev
Hi Mick and Bev

That's not the news I wanted to hear. You are in the same boat as us now and just waiting to pay that 2nd Vac payment. i really do hope they don't make us wait till July as that would be very unfair as they do say not to sell your house till you get the visa and that is what we are waiting for but will only give us less than four months to get there to validate.
As we run a small internet business with stock at home it would not be convenient to go to Oz to validate then come back here to sell the house as we have to keep the business running smoothly as we send stock out to our loyal customers on a daily basis.

It is sooooooo frustrating.

Best wishes

Caz & Baz
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Mick and Bev

That's not the news I wanted to hear. You are in the same boat as us now and just waiting to pay that 2nd Vac payment. i really do hope they don't make us wait till July as that would be very unfair as they do say not to sell your house till you get the visa and that is what we are waiting for but will only give us less than four months to get there to validate.
As we run a small internet business with stock at home it would not be convenient to go to Oz to validate then come back here to sell the house as we have to keep the business running smoothly as we send stock out to our loyal customers on a daily basis.

It is sooooooo frustrating.

Best wishes

Caz & Baz
Hi Caz

No it wasnt what we needed to hear either. They have given with one hand and taken away with the other.

We have decided to try and sell as we feel it will take some time as things stand here at the moment, then either rent or move in with friends if we get stuck.

At least now we are sure of going, that uncertainty has been removed, its just when?

Mick and Bev
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:47 pm
CazBeckham

Hi Caz

No it wasnt what we needed to hear either. They have given with one hand and taken away with the other.

We have decided to try and sell as we feel it will take some time as things stand here at the moment, then either rent or move in with friends if we get stuck.

At least now we are sure of going, that uncertainty has been removed, its just when?

Mick and Bev
How can you be so certain???? I am holding out selling till we get the visa

Caz
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

How can you be so certain???? I am holding out selling till we get the visa

Caz
Hi Caz

Csays we have fulfilled all the requirements and just waiting to be asked to pay the second VAC.

If you ask all the guys that have gone before, they will tell you that once you get to that stage you are in, why would you not be accepted?

Mick and Bev
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:55 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Hi

stakeholders."

Mick an Bev
Ah ha........ just as we suspected..... this year's quota is nearly full ... and its only the back end of January with 5 months to go until the end of the visa (and tax) year here.

You and Caz also and, no doubt, many others are now a bit between a rock and a hard place. You are right in saying that, once having filled all the requirements, it should be just down to paying the 2nd VAC before the visa is granted but I can appreciate where Caz is coming from - not wanting to commit re the house until the visa is actually received.

With the current downturn in the financial markets and the likelihood that UK house prices are still unrealistically high, it could be a rocky road over the next year or so - just ask us over here who have been watching the value of our UK pensions falling each month as the AU$ is holding up well against the £.

If you have any chance of tying up some sort of forward contract with a dealer for anything above, say, $2.35, I would personally bite his hand off at that price as you are unlikely to get it. The currency here, mind you, is notoriously volatile and swings between 10 and 20 cents over a very short period of time have not been uncommon. My gut feeling, however, is that the situation is now different to the recent past and that the UK economy is nowhere near as healthy as you would be made to believe and with the current strong Au$ we may be looking at an exchange rate below $2.30 for some time.

This is all just "thoughts out loud" of course and I do not profess to be any sort of financial expert

............. whatever, good luck.

Jim
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:12 am
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Ah ha........ just as we suspected..... this year's quota is nearly full ... and its only the back end of January with 5 months to go until the end of the visa (and tax) year here.

You and Caz also and, no doubt, many others are now a bit between a rock and a hard place. You are right in saying that, once having filled all the requirements, it should be just down to paying the 2nd VAC before the visa is granted but I can appreciate where Caz is coming from - not wanting to commit re the house until the visa is actually received.

With the current downturn in the financial markets and the likelihood that UK house prices are still unrealistically high, it could be a rocky road over the next year or so - just ask us over here who have been watching the value of our UK pensions falling each month as the AU$ is holding up well against the £.

If you have any chance of tying up some sort of forward contract with a dealer for anything above, say, $2.35, I would personally bite his hand off at that price as you are unlikely to get it. The currency here, mind you, is notoriously volatile and swings between 10 and 20 cents over a very short period of time have not been uncommon. My gut feeling, however, is that the situation is now different to the recent past and that the UK economy is nowhere near as healthy as you would be made to believe and with the current strong Au$ we may be looking at an exchange rate below $2.30 for some time.

This is all just "thoughts out loud" of course and I do not profess to be any sort of financial expert

............. whatever, good luck.

Jim
Hi Jim, Bev,Mick

I know that everything on our side has been cleared and we were just waiting to be asked for 2nd VAC payment.

So apart from paying that which we were just about to be asked for can you see any reason not be granted the visa?
My OH is very sceptical and says we shouldnt put house on market till visa is granted but I reckon it should perhaps go on the market when we come back from a holiday we have booked in mid May. I suppose we could always delay it if the worse comes to the worse.

Would we be able to get an extension on our year to validate as it was not our fault they put a hold on these visas. And how quick if it is July 1st would we be granted visa seeing as we were just about to pay.

I have emailed my CO to ask these questions and no reply and have also emailed my Agent and again no reply so I have left a message for my Agent to call me to day. Will let you know what she says later.

Caz
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:33 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Hi Jim, Bev,Mick

I know that everything on our side has been cleared and we were just waiting to be asked for 2nd VAC payment.

So apart from paying that which we were just about to be asked for can you see any reason not be granted the visa?
My OH is very sceptical and says we shouldnt put house on market till visa is granted but I reckon it should perhaps go on the market when we come back from a holiday we have booked in mid May. I suppose we could always delay it if the worse comes to the worse.

Would we be able to get an extension on our year to validate as it was not our fault they put a hold on these visas. And how quick if it is July -1st would we be granted visa seeing as we were just about to pay.

I have emailed my CO to ask these questions and no reply and have also emailed my Agent and again no reply so I have left a message for my Agent to call me to day. Will let you know what she says later.

Caz
Hi Caz

IMHO - you are going about it the right way - as you have an agent let her handle your situation - that is why you are paying for her services. She should also be able to get any current info out of your CO. She should also be able to find out regarding your position post-July if there are, indeed, to be no more grants until then.

I have a hunch that this situation was also relevant in 2006 (?) - have a search through the previous CP visa threads to see if you can find anything.

I cannot advise you regarding your house, of course, and nor would I presume to do so - I was just trying to give you my thoughts on the present situation re the UK housing market. Only you can tell if the market is buoyant in your particular area or if you may need some months to get a buyer - as I said "rock and hard place" spring to mind. You mention possibly putting it on the market in mid May after your holiday - I should think that the current situation will be a lot clearer by then and you should be able to make your decision accordingly..

I appreciate that this is all frustrating and additional hassle that you can do without but it does come right in the end

Regards

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.