Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:41 am
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi, Hope you will soon be hearing that you have been granted your visa!

Do you have any reason for not starting the ball rolling in the sale of your house? Have heard of a number of cases where parents have not put their house up for sale until they have the visa only to be disappointed that their house is not selling as quickly as they had hoped. My daughter-in-law's parents had their visa and it was a whole year plus before their house sold which delayed their new start in Oz. They had to validate their visa and return to the U.K.

Good wishes whatever you decide to do

Linda
Hi Linda

Reason for not starting house sale is that I wanted to be sure of having visa.
Don't want unneccessary stress by selling house with no visa.
I hope it wont take too long to sell as it is only 4 years old and is still a blank canvas (neutrally painted) for someone to stamp their mark on.

Just waiting to be asked for last payment now.

Caz
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:52 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Hope you will soon be hearing that you have been granted your visa!

Do you have any reason for not starting the ball rolling in the sale of your house? Have heard of a number of cases where parents have not put their house up for sale until they have the visa only to be disappointed that their house is not selling as quickly as they had hoped. My daughter-in-law's parents had their visa and it was a whole year plus before their house sold which delayed their new start in Oz. They had to validate their visa and return to the U.K.

Good wishes whatever you decide to do

Linda
There is always an increased risk if you put your house on sale before visa grant. What if (heaven forbid) the applicant were to have a major health problem prior to visa grant (say) and the house has been sold?

A real example is the couple on one of the other threads who are skilled visa applicants who have sold their house in anticipation of being asked to lodge A$100k to secure 5 bonus points only to find the ability to lodge those monies has been withdrawn. They are now in limbo anxiously hoping for an alternative to be introduced.

The application process is stressful enough - don't make it worse by selling your home when the timeframe for visa grant is so uncertain.

Best regards.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:57 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi all

........ and I notice that they have tinkered with the Assurance of Support regime from 1 Jan also. No change in rates for the CP visa ie £10000 for single person or $14000 for a couple and still over the 10 years but the qualifying taxable income periods for the assurer may have altered - read more about it on Alan Collett's Go Matilda site - the relevant bit for CP visa applicants is near the end of the piece.

Regards

Jim

ps good luck to all you "waiters" whichever way the government decides to act.
Hi

......... important correction - for £10000 read $10000 - phew ! Fingers still too fast !

Jim
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Red face Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
There is always an increased risk if you put your house on sale before visa grant. What if (heaven forbid) the applicant were to have a major health problem prior to visa grant (say) and the house has been sold?

A real example is the couple on one of the other threads who are skilled visa applicants who have sold their house in anticipation of being asked to lodge A$100k to secure 5 bonus points only to find the ability to lodge those monies has been withdrawn. They are now in limbo anxiously hoping for an alternative to be introduced.

The application process is stressful enough - don't make it worse by selling your home when the timeframe for visa grant is so uncertain.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

Didn't mean to actually sign contract on sale of house until visa granted but thought with the slow market in the U.K. it would be a good idea to at least get things moving. We put ours on sale before our visa grant but informed the agent of the situation and I suppose we were extremely lucky that the buyers were prepared to wait for us!!!! We put our house on the market in June 06 and actually got our visa grant in the October of 06 and we were lucky enough to get a buyer in that time but there are people still waiting for buyers or even viewers of their properties after several months!!

I totally agree that I would not have sold outright until we had that magical visa in our hands. As you say the stress of the visa application is bad enough without being left homeless!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alan

Didn't mean to actually sign contract on sale of house until visa granted but thought with the slow market in the U.K. it would be a good idea to at least get things moving. We put ours on sale before our visa grant but informed the agent of the situation and I suppose we were extremely lucky that the buyers were prepared to wait for us!!!! We put our house on the market in June 06 and actually got our visa grant in the October of 06 and we were lucky enough to get a buyer in that time but there are people still waiting for buyers or even viewers of their properties after several months!!

I totally agree that I would not have sold outright until we had that magical visa in our hands. As you say the stress of the visa application is bad enough without being left homeless!
Hi has any one herd any news on the cpv visa situation

mick&bev
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:16 pm
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by Mick-Bev

mick&bev
Hi Mick/Bev

No news yet. All my meds and police checks are clear now and just waiting to be asked for 2nd Vac and visa grant but was told that all things have been halted - what a time to halt them eh? Maybe they should have halted new applications but people as far down the line as us and many others!!!!!!

Oh well maybe some good news fairly soon though won't hold my breath, don't want to die before I get my visa :-)

Caz
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:43 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

mick&bev
Hi

Are you using an agent? If so, get them on the case. If not, you can always ring POPC yourself (currently 9 hours ahead of UK in Perth, I think )

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Mick/Bev

No news yet. All my meds and police checks are clear now and just waiting to be asked for 2nd Vac and visa grant but was told that all things have been halted - what a time to halt them eh? Maybe they should have halted new applications but people as far down the line as us and many others!!!!!!

Oh well maybe some good news fairly soon though won't hold my breath, don't want to die before I get my visa :-)

Caz
Hi Caz
We are in the same boat as you,just waiting for the 2nd vac ,however we havent had any responce in selling our house so perhaps its all for agood reason,figers crossed as we both well down the line we may here soon ,stay positive as we have done the hard part
Mick&Bev
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Are you using an agent? If so, get them on the case. If not, you can always ring POPC yourself (currently 9 hours ahead of UK in Perth, I think )

Regards

Jim
Hi Jim
We are going it alone,have spoken to our CO who said they will advise us as soon as they know? just have to play the waiting game.

Regards

Mick&Bev
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:05 pm
CazBeckham

Hi Caz
We are in the same boat as you,just waiting for the 2nd vac ,however we havent had any responce in selling our house so perhaps its all for agood reason,figers crossed as we both well down the line we may here soon ,stay positive as we have done the hard part
Mick&Bev
Hi Mick/Bev

We haven't got our house on the market yet as we want to be sure of our visa before doing so. It's stressful enough as it is so I am going to wait for that golden email first.

We have already had Agents round for valuations and as our property is only 4 years old and has a very blank canvas I do hope it is something that will go fairly quickly.
The house at the end of the road sold before they even managed toput up the "For Sale" sign and we are on a new estate which apparently is well sought after, so good on me for picking it hahahaha.

You are right we have done the hard part so just the waiting game now.

Caz
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Hi Mick/Bev

We haven't got our house on the market yet as we want to be sure of our visa before doing so. It's stressful enough as it is so I am going to wait for that golden email first.

We have already had Agents round for valuations and as our property is only 4 years old and has a very blank canvas I do hope it is something that will go fairly quickly.
The house at the end of the road sold before they even managed toput up the "For Sale" sign and we are on a new estate which apparently is well sought after, so good on me for picking it hahahaha.

You are right we have done the hard part so just the waiting game now.

Caz
Hi Caz
We have put our house on the market and have had one enquiry . so keep figers crossed?. as you know it takes about 12 weeks to sell so hopefully we may have herd from immi by then if not we go into stall mode if we have a interested buyer.
Keep thinking positive

Mick & Bev
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

DivingMissDaisy is an unknown quantity at this point

Does contributory parent visas work the same as normal ones, in that you need to validate 1yr from medicals then move within 5yrs? or is it different?

Thanks, I've tried a search but it was taking ages going through all the posts.

x
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:59 am
Just Joined

harrydj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Started

Sent off application forms 14 Jan - now the wait begins.

Hope this is in the right place as new to all this
Old Jan 21st 2008, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Started

Originally Posted by harrydj

Welcome to the forum, we waited 12 months for our visa taking a bit longer now it seems weve been here a year now, if you have any questions fire away there is usually someone on here that can help good luck.
Janet
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Started

Originally Posted by harrydj

Good Luck as you join the roller-coaster ride! It will be worth it in the end!!
Our application took 12 months also. Application lodge Oct 05 and visa granted Oct 06. Arrived in Oz last January 07. The wait seems to take forever but you will find loads of help from those who are also on the 'ride' and from those of us who have arrived. Where are you hoping to settle?

Regards

Linda & Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.