Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Feb 11th 2009, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

CONGRATULATIONS - Claire&Don

Also thanks to Alan Collett for keeping us informed!
Old Feb 11th 2009, 7:42 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie5
Yes and I should have got a case officer 2 weeks ago!!!

Charlie
Further back in the ranks, we're watching eagerly to see when this happens. No pressure at all of course Charlie!

best wishes

Steve
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Come on IMMI, it's Valentines, and our thread feels a bit lonely!

Please spread a little good news our way! (or a lot if possible, we are due some action), please, please!?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

PaceSetter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that we have at last been asked for the 2nd VAC payment.

Unfortunately our house sale fell through just last week after almost 3 months, it took this amount of time for the couple to be turned down for a mortgage believe it or not. So it's back to the drawing board with the house up for sale again (now at a lower price of course). So wish us luck for a speedy sale.

Regards
Rowena
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

sue32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaceSetter
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that we have at last been asked for the 2nd VAC payment.

Unfortunately our house sale fell through just last week after almost 3 months, it took this amount of time for the couple to be turned down for a mortgage believe it or not. So it's back to the drawing board with the house up for sale again (now at a lower price of course). So wish us luck for a speedy sale.

Regards
Rowena
congratulations to you both, must be an exciting time to hear those magic words, shame about the house sale, but will keep our fingers crossed for you, we are off to perth in 5 weeks for ANOTHER holiday !! cant wait, just wish this was our last flight -sue
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:05 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Regards
Rowena
Congratulations. Your house sale falling through doesn't help though, especially if you need the proceeds to set up in Oz. The housing market is so flat at the moment, nothing seems to be moving, but good luck. Matt

Incidentally whats your timeline?
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

PaceSetter is an unknown quantity at this point

We're on the chart thingy. We applied early Sept 07, CO Nov 08, meds & AOS done Dec 08 and just got the request today for the 2nd VAC payment.

Our meds were held up a bit as Christmas was in between then my hubbies needed further investigation but all clear now thank goodness. Have got two viewings on the house next week so here's hoping.

Rowena
Old Feb 14th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

Regards
Rowena
CONGRATS on reaching your 2nd vac payment!

Hopefully, the house market will start moving, now spring is around the corner, I think a few more people, will have the confidence to start looking again!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

jmm100uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just started a new thread with this question about the 12 month Tourist visa - but this is probably a more appropriate place to post it so here goes again:

How does it work if a 12 month visitor visa is granted to fill the gap until the CPV is granted? Is this an acceptable practice - I do not want to jeapordise the outcome of the CPV application?

Because of the statae of the property market I decided to put my house on the market, expecting it to take ages to sell and it has gone in 4 weeks! Not only that but I have to be out by the 24 April. So I am wondering if the 676 visa might be the answer. Will I be able to rent somewhere to live, open a bank account and buy a car as a 676 visa holder?

My CPV application was registered 01/04/08 so cannot see much happening for a while yet.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 5:53 am

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

We're on the chart thingy. We applied early Sept 07, CO Nov 08, meds & AOS done Dec 08 and just got the request today for the 2nd VAC payment.

Our meds were held up a bit as Christmas was in between then my hubbies needed further investigation but all clear now thank goodness. Have got two viewings on the house next week so here's hoping.

Rowena
Well done folks; sorry about the house, it's the most difficult time I can remember for the property market, but I very much hope some semblance of normality returns as spring approaches.
Best wishes
Steve
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thread split, owing to its size - it continues HERE -
EVEN NEWER SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!