Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by kaz_loyd
Hi - can you clarify for me, seems your lodgement date was 1 November 07 - have you recd a CO as I note your meds were requested on 18 July. My parents lodged mid October and have not heard so we are approaching the year mark now. The system seems to have changed significantly, can anyone out there give any idea on where the system is up to as the information coming back seems unclear? Any ideas? Thanks :-)

Hi kaz_loyd

We do not have a CO yet. We arranged our meds in anticipation of being assigned a CO about now. We had hoped to gain a little time plus to remove some uncertainties about the result of the medicals.

However, this was probably not the best decision in the light of recent predictions about visas running out soon. It looks as if we will have to wait for July 2009 for next years allocation of visas and probably we will have to do another medical.

Ouch!!

Charlie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by home alone
At last some movement! Thought the 'office' was on annual closure for the last month or more. Well done! all now on the move; Regards
Lin
Hi,

We are fairly well down the CPV process just now and we are now waiting request for the last big visa payment. CO says "I should be able to send it out in a week or so...." 3 weeks ago!
The year is rolling by and come November flights go even more expensive.

We have looked at past posts and cannot yet find one tells us how long after making final payment does it take to get the visa issued.
We are planning to go to London rather than trust the post, anybody done this and can give advice?

TIA
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

moresunnydays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IreneG
I am now in panic mode!! Just had a letter from my case officer at POPC asking for meds, police check and assurance of support. At long last.

Irene
Hello again Irene, do you remember us from about a year ago? Congrats on your news, you will be delighted that the long wait is now over, good luck with meds and police checks. We heve been looking at old posts from about a year ago and see from Sleeping Beauties acknowledgement list that we are about 3 weeks behind you so we are hopeful of being contacted very soon. In fact if there were no applications between you and us then we may be contacted even sooner, fingers crossed. Again, best wishes for your future life in Australa, Hazel and Allan.
Old Sep 7th 2008, 12:28 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys......

Love to all who remember me....

Just a quick question for anyone with the know....

Andy went back to england and has brought mum (83) back. She has applied for her visa onshore and was requested for her meds after 2 weeks of the application going in. All meds were done in brisbane and she was asked to attend her aussie gp for further examination as she is diabetic and her memory is diminishing. All has been done and sent back to the offices in the city. They have forwarded them to the immi in brisbane on 6th Aug which i take as a good sign as they did not go to sydney.

Any idea on time frames from here on in.

thanx peeps

boomie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:54 pm

sandch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moresunnydays
...We heve been looking at old posts from about a year ago and see from Sleeping Beauties acknowledgement list that we are about 3 weeks behind you so we are hopeful of being contacted very soon. In fact if there were no applications between you and us then we may be contacted even sooner, fingers crossed......
Folks - we track a small number of applications by way of the link below, which you might be interested in. It helps a bit to see who is at what stage.

Cheers
Old Sep 7th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Boomie
Hi guys......

Love to all who remember me....

Just a quick question for anyone with the know....

Andy went back to england and has brought mum (83) back. She has applied for her visa onshore and was requested for her meds after 2 weeks of the application going in. All meds were done in brisbane and she was asked to attend her aussie gp for further examination as she is diabetic and her memory is diminishing. All has been done and sent back to the offices in the city. They have forwarded them to the immi in brisbane on 6th Aug which i take as a good sign as they did not go to sydney.

Any idea on time frames from here on in.

thanx peeps

boomie
Hi

What visa has your Mum applied for ? The timescales seem very fast - is this because it is an on shore application?

Charlie
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:18 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by charlie5
Hi

What visa has your Mum applied for ? The timescales seem very fast - is this because it is an on shore application?

Charlie
hiya charlie.

through a migration agent mum applied for a contributory aged parent (Residence) (Class DG) (Sub Class 864) which was lodged on shore on 20th May 2008.

We had a letter dated 18th June from Department of Immigration and Citizenship requesting her to have x ray, bloods and medical reports done. We took her to the city in Brisbane for this.... which cost $258 for all of the above. It was requested that she needed further investigation done as she is diabetic and also investigations re her memory. We went to the local GP for this. both the test for urine and bloods and she had a full eye examination these were bulk billed - they came back OK and the diabetes is group 2 and is under control. It was revealed she had a leaky kidney but is treatable with a tablet. Regarding her memory the GP wrote to her English GP who sent a report of her medical history. All of these were sent back to immi and mum's application etc. has been sent to the Brisbane office i resume because they were satisfied. (I was of the opinion that if you get referred to Sydney they ask for more in depth investigations to be done until they are happy).

We applied for a police check for her and this was submitted at the same time she applied for her visa.

boomie

xx
Old Sep 8th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

i think maybe onshore visa applications are different - maybe meds are requested earlier if bridging visa's will be required?

I could be completely wrong on this though.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mi5agent
Hi,

We are fairly well down the CPV process just now and we are now waiting request for the last big visa payment. CO says "I should be able to send it out in a week or so...." 3 weeks ago!
The year is rolling by and come November flights go even more expensive.

We have looked at past posts and cannot yet find one tells us how long after making final payment does it take to get the visa issued.
We are planning to go to London rather than trust the post, anybody done this and can give advice?

TIA
We paid our final payment on 26th June 08 and the visa grant letter was received on 6th August. Our agent sent our passports to London by courier and they were returned to us via the agent 2weeks later.
Barb
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:32 am
Just Joined

JeanC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have today received the request for our 2nd VAC payment.

Our timeline has been:
acknowledged 27 July 07
CO 13 June 08
AOS paid 7 July 08
2nd payment request 09 Sept.

Jean
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:35 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

My parents recieved an email fron their CO on Monday to say she was in receipt of the medicals & they were being assessed. I thought this was done in Sydney? They were sent off to Sydney by the panel dr in Aug. Does this sound the norm? I know my mum has breathing problems but she has medication for that which helps so now i'm worrying that its a bad sign..... Any help would be appreciated
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

i could be wrong but my understanding was that all CPV medicals get assessed.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:49 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by donovandenese
i could be wrong but my understanding was that all CPV medicals get assessed.
I thought that they would be assessed in Sydney & the results just passed to their CO in Perth? It sounds like they are being assessed in Perth too
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep - i wouldve thought that too!
try not to worry. my mum just had her medical too and she's worrying about everything. i think its all the waiting that makes it worse.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 1:07 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by donovandenese
yep - i wouldve thought that too!
try not to worry. my mum just had her medical too and she's worrying about everything. i think its all the waiting that makes it worse.
True. Thanks for that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.