Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:18 am
Just Joined

Mrs Featherbottom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Hi to everyone and can I just say fingers and toes all crossed that you do get your visa - really soon, been there and feel your collective pain! My husband and I emigrated to Aus (we are in Brisbane) just under two years ago as a skilled sponsored perm resi - ahh the joy of form filling and being extremely patient...it was worth it in the end - never looked back

So our situation is my husbands parents have just sumitted their sub class 143 and had it acknowledged - now the waiting begins!! I just wondered if anyone had any advice or experience of holiday visas as ways to come to Aus while waiting for the "real" visa to come through? They have already been out here for 12 months on a holiday visa but had to leave in April for at least 6 months until they could apply for another one (so they were told). Now that they have lodged a "real" visa application does this make any difference to them coming out here?? I'm not sure why it would but just wondered what other people are doing in the interim.

Ideally we would have liked them to wait until we had been here 2 years and then get things going, but unfortunately they could not and actually came out here 6 months after us and then spent the proceeding 12 months with us (living with us.....*sigh*), anyway that has in no way affected me!!!

It's been a long time since I was on this forum - I used it heaps when we were waiting for our visa and it is just a great place to share information and experiences!

Take care all!
Mrs F
xx
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:40 am
Just Joined

ozdog is on a distinguished road

Well, we made it. It has taken us 18 months since we downloaded the forms in Jan 2007 and of course were delayed between Jan and June this year. We received our Visa on July lst '08, completed on our house on August 1st and flew out on Sunday 3rd August. Our dog and cat flew out on Tuesday 29th and are now in quarantine in Byford, south of Perth City for 30 days. They seems fine, if not shell shocked.
We are staying with our son for a few days until we find a rental property. The search for a car starts this afternoon. All exciting stuff.
Lots of teary goodbys,handshakes and good wishes last week but we felt it was important to see everyone amidst all the sorting and packing up of the house.

G'day to all of you waiting for your visas, hang on in there and hope to see some of you in King's Park in the near future !!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:52 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Featherbottom
Hi to everyone and can I just say fingers and toes all crossed that you do get your visa - really soon, been there and feel your collective pain! My husband and I emigrated to Aus (we are in Brisbane) just under two years ago as a skilled sponsored perm resi - ahh the joy of form filling and being extremely patient...it was worth it in the end - never looked back

So our situation is my husbands parents have just sumitted their sub class 143 and had it acknowledged - now the waiting begins!! I just wondered if anyone had any advice or experience of holiday visas as ways to come to Aus while waiting for the "real" visa to come through? They have already been out here for 12 months on a holiday visa but had to leave in April for at least 6 months until they could apply for another one (so they were told). Now that they have lodged a "real" visa application does this make any difference to them coming out here?? I'm not sure why it would but just wondered what other people are doing in the interim.

Ideally we would have liked them to wait until we had been here 2 years and then get things going, but unfortunately they could not and actually came out here 6 months after us and then spent the proceeding 12 months with us (living with us.....*sigh*), anyway that has in no way affected me!!!

It's been a long time since I was on this forum - I used it heaps when we were waiting for our visa and it is just a great place to share information and experiences!

Take care all!
Mrs F
xx
welcome back mrs F

sorry cant help you with your post, i *think* they can come over on a tourist visa. several 143 visa applicants have 'finished off' their visa whilst in Australia, and gone off shore (eg NZ) for the visa grant. i am sure someone will be along soon to confirm this. i know it is a vvveerrryyyyy long thread (i have restarted it several times!!!), but if you trawl through it, you will probably find your answer.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

ALANandBARB35 is an unknown quantity at this point

[B][/

WE'VE GOT OUR VISA !!! AFTER 18 MONTHS. JUST GOT TO SELL THE HOUSE NOW.

BARB
Old Aug 6th 2008, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

caveman1 will become famous soon enoughcaveman1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ALANandBARB35
[B][/

BARB
Congratulations, great news after the long wait. Bring out the bubbly and celebrate.
Rita
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:27 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

CONGRATULATIONS ALAN and BARB - It feels great when you get that visa doesn't it............ ENJOY your new life down under..................

Caz
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by caveman1
Congratulations, great news after the long wait. Bring out the bubbly and celebrate.
Rita
THANK YOU, Have just been out for dinner & a bottle of wine. Hope you don't have too long to wait. A least the quota of CPVs has been increased this year. Barb
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
CONGRATULATIONS ALAN and BARB - It feels great when you get that visa doesn't it............ ENJOY your new life down under..................

Caz
Thank you Caz, it really does feel good. Any joy with the house? we haven't had any so far. Resigned to going to Aus in November, will validate then come back in January 09 and sit it out waiting for the house to sell. (That is unless a miracle happens before Nov & we get a buyer, not holding my breath)

Barb
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:02 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ALANandBARB35
[B][/

BARB
another congrats great news. hope these houses sell for all that are waiting, you've all waited far too long.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

It would be really good if everybody could put their timeline on their profile so that we can see if the process is now taking long than what did seem to be a standard 18 months. My mum has now been waiting a year for a case officer and I'm just wondering if that means she only has another 6 months until she gets her visa or whether the process is now taking longer.

I waited 6/7 months from acknowledgement to visa grant on a skilled independent visa 2.5 years ago and the wait was agonising so for everybody waiting this long, I can only imagine just how frustrating it is. Hang in there, it is worth it when you finally come over.

thanks
Debs
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:29 am

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debilloyd
It would be really good if everybody could put their timeline on their profile so that we can see if the process is now taking long than what did seem to be a standard 18 months. My mum has now been waiting a year for a case officer and I'm just wondering if that means she only has another 6 months until she gets her visa or whether the process is now taking longer.

I waited 6/7 months from acknowledgement to visa grant on a skilled independent visa 2.5 years ago and the wait was agonising so for everybody waiting this long, I can only imagine just how frustrating it is. Hang in there, it is worth it when you finally come over.

thanks
Debs
It would be good if a timeline page similar to the one at http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Nov&year=07 for all the other types of visas was started for the contributory parent visa, then we could all see whats happening, if anything!!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by debilloyd

thanks
Debs

Timescale for us was:
Visa application acknowledged 23rd Feb 07
Case Officer 6th December 07 also meds & police checks requested
Meds & police checks 17th December 07
Police checks cleared 22nd Jan 08.
Assurance of support requested 3rd May 08
2nd Vac payment requested 16th June 08 -paid 26th June
Visa granted 6th August 08.

About 18 months in all but as you probably know there was a hold up because all the places were filled by January 08 but apparently there has been an increase in the nember of places this year.

Barb
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Showing my age, the present uncertainties of visa action remind me of a song:-

Where have all the see owes gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Girls have picked them every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

With apologies to Pete Seeger.

Yuk, I know but sometimes one has to be frivolous.

Charlie
Old Aug 9th 2008, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

home alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nicehome alone is just really nice

Hi! all you cpvs, have reached another one of those black holes, again, sound familiar, of, oh! dear, it's been ages, how much longer etc; etc; I know, I'm on the end of a very long list, but, with all the excitement of the extra numbers, and July 1st; It's gone quiet! It would be brilliant if someone could start a timeline, or similar, so we could see if all the poor people, who had to wait, are now being dealt with, and is immi, moving onto any of the later applicants yet? Regards Lin
Old Aug 9th 2008, 6:24 pm

sirmatt101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by home alone
Hi! all you cpvs, have reached another one of those black holes, again, sound familiar, of, oh! dear, it's been ages, how much longer etc; etc; I know, I'm on the end of a very long list, but, with all the excitement of the extra numbers, and July 1st; It's gone quiet! It would be brilliant if someone could start a timeline, or similar, so we could see if all the poor people, who had to wait, are now being dealt with, and is immi, moving onto any of the later applicants yet? Regards Lin
I second that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.