Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

swstephenwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
what date was your acknowledgement?
we have applied for a cpv june 2007 I have just been informed by e-mail that they are still processing may2007 and that there is a back log so i think a bucket full of patience is needed for case officers to be issued.I was assured that they are trying to deal with visas as quickly as possible
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

melb2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ALANandBARB35
Hi, We are at exactly the same scale as your parents. Acknowledged in March 07, Meds/police checks in Dec 07- and waiting for AOS to be requested. We haven't had any word from our agent about the meds being cleared yet and as it's now 9 weeks (they were sent on 21st Dec) think I will e-mail them and ask. Did your parents hear from their agent (if they are using one) or directly from Aus? As Caz said it doesn't leave much time to sell the house before having to make a validation visit.
Barb
Hi Barb, my parents were informed by email. We are not using agent...dad does things of his own....he helped me with my forms as well 5 yrs ago.....mum takes care of home and bub....they are a very big help to me....I want them here ASAP........they have always stayed with us but this time they are going to buy their own property nearby so that we as well as them can have our own space........
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

JeanC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swstephenwood
we have applied for a cpv june 2007 I have just been informed by e-mail that they are still processing may2007 and that there is a back log so i think a bucket full of patience is needed for case officers to be issued.I was assured that they are trying to deal with visas as quickly as possible

NOOOOOO!!!! I am tired of being patient. We applied in July 07 and I was hoping for a CO in March, but it now looks as if that isn't going to happen. At this rate, we are going to be so far down that queue they are going to dump us all in, we should have saved the money and gone on a normal parent visa - 'cos the way we are going at the moment it is going to take 14 years.:curse:

So thoroughly fed up with the whole bl***y business.

Jean
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Mick-Bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JeanC1

NOOOOOO!!!! I am tired of being patient. We applied in July 07 and I was hoping for a CO in March, but it now looks as if that isn't going to happen. At this rate, we are going to be so far down that queue they are going to dump us all in, we should have saved the money and gone on a normal parent visa - 'cos the way we are going at the moment it is going to take 14 years.:curse:

So thoroughly fed up with the whole bl***y business.

Jean
Hi

Dont get down, our CO took 7 months to come through, so it could be anytime now.

Waiting for governments to do anything must be the most frustrating thing to do? But we are all in the same boat :-)

Mick and Bev
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:22 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mick-Bev
Hi

Dont get down, our CO took 7 months to come through, so it could be anytime now.

Waiting for governments to do anything must be the most frustrating thing to do? But we are all in the same boat :-)

Mick and Bev
WE applied in Feb 07 and got our CO in November 07 so that took 9 months and now we are stuck with the halt on these visas possibly till July now.

Caz
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:32 am
Just Joined

JeanC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry everyone, just got me on a bad day yesterday. I know there are lots of us in the same boat and I was just being a bit selfish.

Still, off to Oz at Easter to visit son and grandson - although I'm not sure if that will shut me up for a while or make me even more frustrated. All these trips over every year are lovely, (fortunately other son works for BA, bless him) but let me see how I should be living full time.

Back to being a patient bunny, well at least for a while.

Jean
Old Feb 27th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

my mum would agree with you jean - she'd be on the plane tomorrow if she could!! its not really Australia thats pulling her, just family over there - and she's hating waiting around indefinitely not being able to plan anything until she gets a case officer.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:37 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
new this thread!! i was trying to read through all the pages to soak up the info, but got to page 13 and thought, sod it go to the end and ask what you want to know. there fore i am sure this has been asked before, hubbys dad came on hols last november, loved it, he's just going through the ends of a divorce, sorting the settlement etc, and would love to move over permanently, lives on his own at the moment and quite lonely. he did look into parent visas when he got back in december, but think he was put off, didnt think he would be able to get one, and the time scale etc, spoke to him this morning and he seemed a bit down, so have decided that i would take another look into it for him. now what i want to know is what would be the easiest route to take, straight for a permanent visa type or would he be better applying for the temporary 2 year visa and try applying for the permanent when he is here? and what sort of time scale would he be looking at for either one??? any info would be gratefully received, cheers jenny
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy170773
hi
new this thread!! i was trying to read through all the pages to soak up the info, but got to page 13 and thought, sod it go to the end and ask what you want to know. there fore i am sure this has been asked before, hubbys dad came on hols last november, loved it, he's just going through the ends of a divorce, sorting the settlement etc, and would love to move over permanently, lives on his own at the moment and quite lonely. he did look into parent visas when he got back in december, but think he was put off, didnt think he would be able to get one, and the time scale etc, spoke to him this morning and he seemed a bit down, so have decided that i would take another look into it for him. now what i want to know is what would be the easiest route to take, straight for a permanent visa type or would he be better applying for the temporary 2 year visa and try applying for the permanent when he is here? and what sort of time scale would he be looking at for either one??? any info would be gratefully received, cheers jenny
Hi Jenny we came on a CPV visa and it took 12 monthes it is taking longer now, they have stopped it at the moment there are a lot of people on here waiting to hear news so keep a eye on this thread, your FIL will have to pass the balance of family test to come this way we have one son in Uk and one here in OZ.
Janet
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

ozdog is on a distinguished road

Hello all

My wife and I applied for CPV in March 07. By mid Jan 08 we had passed meds etc and our son had lodged AOS Bond by end of Feb. We are now in limbo up against the quota limit. Our case officer has told us not to expect a letter until August. We intend to put our house on market hoping to sell by July/August and possibly go out to OZ on a tourist visa to wait our turn. I understand we cannot be in Australia when the visa is granted but can anyone tell me what the mechanics of obtaining the visa are exactly? How can the second application fee be paid(electronic transfer,bank draft etc?)How does the visa get onto the passport, where do they have to be sent?.What other complications might arise as a result of not being in the UK?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozdog
Hello all

My wife and I applied for CPV in March 07. By mid Jan 08 we had passed meds etc and our son had lodged AOS Bond by end of Feb. We are now in limbo up against the quota limit. Our case officer has told us not to expect a letter until August. We intend to put our house on market hoping to sell by July/August and possibly go out to OZ on a tourist visa to wait our turn. I understand we cannot be in Australia when the visa is granted but can anyone tell me what the mechanics of obtaining the visa are exactly? How can the second application fee be paid(electronic transfer,bank draft etc?)How does the visa get onto the passport, where do they have to be sent?.What other complications might arise as a result of not being in the UK?
Hi ozdog,we came out before the visas was granted as our son was getting married so we came on a 3 month visa and when the visa was due to be issued we went to NZ for 5 days as you have to be off shore when it is issued you just have to tell them where you want it to be isued.
janet
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:54 am
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by ozdog
Hello all

Ozdog

WE applied for CPV in Feb 07, got CO in November 07, meds and police checks and AOS cleared and paid mid December 07 and was just about to pay 2nd vac in the first week of Jan when the hold was put on the visas.

We are being told that 1000 of these visas are in hand ready to be issued on 1st July for the likes of people like us who are at the point of getting visas granted, so why would you not hear until a month later (August).

Friends of ours who passed meds etc in Jan was told by their CO not to pay the AOS yet as visas were not available till July

Caz
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:20 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Ozdog

WE applied for CPV in Feb 07, got CO in November 07, meds and police checks and AOS cleared and paid mid December 07 and was just about to pay 2nd vac in the first week of Jan when the hold was put on the visas.

We are being told that 1000 of these visas are in hand ready to be issued on 1st July for the likes of people like us who are at the point of getting visas granted, so why would you not hear until a month later (August).

Friends of ours who passed meds etc in Jan was told by their CO not to pay the AOS yet as visas were not available till July

Caz
Hi Caz

........... and, of course its not "morally" right for DIAC to ask for the 2nd VAC some months before they intend to grant the visa.......thats a bit like paying for goods which are then delivered 5 or 6 months down the line.

Jim
Old Mar 5th 2008, 3:45 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi Caz

........... and, of course its not "morally" right for DIAC to ask for the 2nd VAC some months before they intend to grant the visa.......thats a bit like paying for goods which are then delivered 5 or 6 months down the line.

Jim
hi jim, hows life?

.......there is also the problem for a few CPV applicants where bonds have been lodged, mum/dads have been lodged for some 4 months now. this $14,000 could be sat in the assurers bank account earning interest. i think it is morally wrong to hold these monies until the visa looks likely it is going to be issued, i.e. after 01jul08. think of the interest that could have been earnt. the bond was lodged by the assurer who was under the impression the visa would follow shortly - this has not happened, as we all know

i would still like to know why these few applicants, where monies have changed hands, cannot have their visas issued. there can't be too many. i think there is 3 from this website. that is the reason that currently the case officers are not asking for the bond to be lodged at the same time as the medicals/police checks get requested (which used to be the case).

i wish there was someone else/a higher body that this situation could be brought to their attention to try and get it resolved. it is beyond poor
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:12 am
CazBeckham

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hi jim, hows life?

.......there is also the problem for a few CPV applicants where bonds have been lodged, mum/dads have been lodged for some 4 months now. this $14,000 could be sat in the assurers bank account earning interest. i think it is morally wrong to hold these monies until the visa looks likely it is going to be issued, i.e. after 01jul08. think of the interest that could have been earnt. the bond was lodged by the assurer who was under the impression the visa would follow shortly - this has not happened, as we all know

i would still like to know why these few applicants, where monies have changed hands, cannot have their visas issued. there can't be too many. i think there is 3 from this website. that is the reason that currently the case officers are not asking for the bond to be lodged at the same time as the medicals/police checks get requested (which used to be the case).

i wish there was someone else/a higher body that this situation could be brought to their attention to try and get it resolved. it is beyond poor
Hi SB

I too am one of those 3 who has already paid the bond in December and if the popc have some visas in reserve I think that us and your parents should have been issued our visas then.
I know that Alan Collett has been doing his utmost and there is only so much that one can do when it is in the hands of the government.

Caz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.