Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Old Nov 2nd 2007, 12:22 am
Just Joined

helenc will become famous soon enoughhelenc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: the ALL NEW SPARKLY contributory parents visa thread!!!

Congratulations Barbara That's excellent news!

My parents in law is leaving for NZ this Sunday to get their visa. They finally received their NZ tourist visa yesterday. Cant wait until this is all over.

To all the others, hang in there

Helen
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Tartan Sunburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi every one

I am hoping some one can give me some advise.....my parents applied in April for their contributory parents visa and I received an aknoledgement for their appilcation but had nothing since. Can anyone advise the approx time line before they are allocated case officer and sent for medicals etc?

Once the case officer is allocated, do things usually progress quite quickly?

Thank you in advance for you help/advise.

Cheers

Zoe
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 7:19 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tartan Sunburn
Hi every one

I am hoping some one can give me some advise.....my parents applied in April for their contributory parents visa and I received an aknoledgement for their appilcation but had nothing since. Can anyone advise the approx time line before they are allocated case officer and sent for medicals etc?

Cheers

Zoe
Hi Zoe

Tartan....... and Sunburn............... is that possible ?

Someone will no doubt update me if I'm wrong but I think they'll be waiting approx 10 - 12 months before a CO is appointed but then the process picks up quite considerably thereafter - assuming that there are no medical issues to resolve (and that the LCU in Sydney is doing their stuff)

You should be able to get a general feel on the timings by wading through this thread and its predecessor.

Regards

Jim
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

barbara townend is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Congratulations ! See......... if was worth the long wait !

Jim

ps did your Case Officer send you a postcard
Thanks jim to you too for your help during this whole thing, and your right it is worth it No postcard yet! feel like sending her a big prezzie but she was happy with my thanks I think, she really did go that extra mile for mebarbara
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by barbara townend
Hi Jan,

Isnt it funny Ive waited for so long to get the visa e mail but I dont know how to feel now. All there seems to be left in England are the sad bits like saying goodbye to my son and grandson. My daughter says thats how she felt and I wont feel better until I get on the plane and Im sure she's right. I wish now I hadnt finished my job so early (2 weeks ago) then I would have had something to take my mind off it or maybe its because Im going on my own but hey thats enough of the miserable talk Im feeling giddy and sad at the same time so Im going to concentrate on the happy excited feeling for the rest of the day See you on the other side of the worldbarbara
Hi Barbara
Its the same feeling as all the excitment of xmas then its all over so quickly. I felt the same what I did was go around all the places and people that Iwould not see for some time and try collecting all the stupid things that you could take with you that you cant get over here.You will find the time will just fly in .I was only leaving my inlaws behind but I do miss them never thought I would say that So I know it must be difficult for you to leave your son and grandson but your daughter is right as soon as you are sitting on that plane its a great new life ahead for you will see you here in oz
Jan
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:38 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tartan Sunburn
Hi every one

Cheers

Zoe
my parents received their acknowledgment beginning of dec06 and got a case officer end sep07, so about 9.5 months. hope this helps. they should hear jan/feb 08. any more questions, ask away.
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 11:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
my parents received their acknowledgment beginning of dec06 and got a case officer end sep07, so about 9.5 months. hope this helps. they should hear jan/feb 08. any more questions, ask away.
............by the way, what are the options on paying the 2nd vacs payment, parents dont have credit cards? surely you can just do a international money order via the bank like we did for our TRA and main application?
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

............by the way, what are the options on paying the 2nd vacs payment, parents dont have credit cards? surely you can just do a international money order via the bank like we did for our TRA and main application?
Hi SB

According to my CO its either and I quote from my visa letter
"To make this payment, please pay by credit card or bank cheque. Bank cheques should be drawn on an Australian bank or drawn on a bank that has representation in Australia, and made payable to the 'Department of Immigration and Citizenship' To pay by credit card you should complete the attached credit card details form. This credit card details form, or your bank cheque, should be mailed to the addresss at the bottom of this letter. Please do not pay by personal cheque or cash."

My CO said due to my tight timeframe it would be quicker to get someone in Australia to pay it for me so maybe it would be better if your parents sent the money over now so your ready. They do not accept electronic bank transfers.

Makes a change me knowing something x barbara
Old Nov 2nd 2007, 9:08 pm
Never going back

Hi SB

According to my CO its either and I quote from my visa letter
"To make this payment, please pay by credit card or bank cheque. Bank cheques should be drawn on an Australian bank or drawn on a bank that has representation in Australia, and made payable to the 'Department of Immigration and Citizenship' To pay by credit card you should complete the attached credit card details form. This credit card details form, or your bank cheque, should be mailed to the addresss at the bottom of this letter. Please do not pay by personal cheque or cash."

My CO said due to my tight timeframe it would be quicker to get someone in Australia to pay it for me so maybe it would be better if your parents sent the money over now so your ready. They do not accept electronic bank transfers.

Makes a change me knowing something x barbara
thanks barbara, hopefully mum will have seen this reply (she comes on here and has a nosey !!). Presumably their meds would have to be finalised before the 2nd vacs payment is requested.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:21 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

thanks barbara, hopefully mum will have seen this reply (she comes on here and has a nosey !!). Presumably their meds would have to be finalised before the 2nd vacs payment is requested.
Hello M

I'll answer this bit for you.

The request for the 2nd (large ) VAC is the last link in the chain before the visa is granted. Everything else has to be in place prior to that - as I've mentioned before there is no mileage in their taking mucho amount of Au$ from you and then having to pay it back.

Enjoying the rain ?

Jim
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:30 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Thanks jim to you too for your help during this whole thing, and your right it is worth it No postcard yet! feel like sending her a big prezzie but she was happy with my thanks I think, she really did go that extra mile for mebarbara
Hi

You're welcome - happy to help.

Regards

Jim
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:37 am
Never going back

Hello M

I'll answer this bit for you.

The request for the 2nd (large ) VAC is the last link in the chain before the visa is granted. Everything else has to be in place prior to that - as I've mentioned before there is no mileage in their taking mucho amount of Au$ from you and then having to pay it back.

Enjoying the rain ?

Jim
hi Jim

not raining here at the moment, but it threw it down last night. mum/dads CO have advised them LCU are up to mid sept at the minute, which seems a bit further on than i am led to believe from the threads on here. so not too far away from them. they just need to sell their house, they have a viewer later on today, so we have all been praying .

still working on your flights, still not in the system (i need to be able to see your return flights as well). job not so good at the minute, working for a real strange manic woman, where everyday she changes from one mood to another dark one within the space of a millisecond!

hope you are both okay?
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

You're welcome - happy to help.

Regards

Jim
Hi everyone,
Quick update, sent my passport to London on wednesday got it back today (Saturday) with my lovely but expensive visa sticker in it! Went from nothing a week last monday to visa evidenced today, how happy am I!!
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Hi everyone,
Quick update, sent my passport to London on wednesday got it back today (Saturday) with my lovely but expensive visa sticker in it! Went from nothing a week last monday to visa evidenced today, how happy am I!!
Hi Barbara
Great feeling isnt itJan
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi Barbara
Great feeling isnt itJan
Wonderful feeling, I feel as though Im in a bit more control now, just waiting for 10 days more and Im Ozzie bound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.