British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   All MET, except medical forms. Have I done something wrong? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/all-met-except-medical-forms-have-i-done-something-wrong-723541/)

hope2012 Jul 4th 2011 11:59 am

All MET, except medical forms. Have I done something wrong?

Hello Friends,
I got medical and PCC request at the start of june 2011 and I have done with medicals on 15 June 2011. I was able to provide PCC documents on 23 June 2011.
now in my status all the documents are met, except two medical forms (i.e. 160 and 26). they still read requested.

Although I have provided my med receipt to my agent which he has forwarded. can not understand why I still getting it requested. just wanted to know from you people, is this normal?? or I have done something wrong/ or was supposed to do something which I missed?

thanks for any help, cheers

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 4th 2011 12:03 pm

Re: All MET, except medical forms. Have I done something wrong?

Originally Posted by hope2012 (Post 9474177)
Hello Friends,
I got medical and PCC request at the start of june 2011 and I have done with medicals on 15 June 2011. I was able to provide PCC documents on 23 June 2011.
now in my status all the documents are met, except two medical forms (i.e. 160 and 26). they still read requested.

Although I have provided my med receipt to my agent which he has forwarded. can not understand why I still getting it requested. just wanted to know from you people, is this normal?? or I have done something wrong/ or was supposed to do something which I missed?

No, try not to worry. Sometimes they don't update the status. It sounds odd, but the status really isn't a reliable thing. Some people get their visas whilst their document list still says required! If they need anything else, they'll contact your agent.

hope2012 Jul 4th 2011 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 9474181)
No, try not to worry. Sometimes they don't update the status. It sounds odd, but the status really isn't a reliable thing. Some people get their visas whilst their document list still says required! If they need anything else, they'll contact your agent.

Thanks mrsgreenstar76, Phew! you really help to overcome the anxiety. however, the thing which was irritating that someone from DIAC has updated my status of PCC to MET on 23 of june 2011 (the same date I submitted my all docs, i.e. PCC and med receipt).
but at the same time somehow missed to update the medical status to MET. anyways I will wait as nothing else can be done :)
cheers

mrsgreenstar76 Jul 4th 2011 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by hope2012 (Post 9474273)
Thanks mrsgreenstar76, Phew! you really help to overcome the anxiety. however, the thing which was irritating that someone from DIAC has updated my status of PCC to MET on 23 of june 2011 (the same date I submitted my all docs, i.e. PCC and med receipt).
but at the same time somehow missed to update the medical status to MET. anyways I will wait as nothing else can be done :)
cheers

No problem :) Good luck with your app :fingerscrossed::thumbup:

U Jay Jul 4th 2011 2:00 pm

Hello Friends,

done with my medicals too on 15 June but my status shows the same as yours "requested"

asifrupani Jul 4th 2011 3:56 pm

Hi,

Once medical reaches at Sydney-HOC it is referred to Medical Officer of Commonwealth, once it is cleared by MOC she/he finalised the medicals. Once your CO see that medical is finalised she/he may or may not changed the status and may or may not grant the visa.

Regards

hope2012 Jul 5th 2011 7:35 am

Originally Posted by asifrupani (Post 9474573)
Hi,

Once medical reaches at Sydney-HOC it is referred to Medical Officer of Commonwealth, once it is cleared by MOC she/he finalised the medicals. Once your CO see that medical is finalised she/he may or may not changed the status and may or may not grant the visa.

Regards

thank you for clearing that up :)

Gd..Oz Jul 5th 2011 8:03 am

Hello Friends,

not to worry.. mine took 2 months after submission for medicals to get "met" status.. As of now all docs met since june 23.. still waiting.. whts next now??

uzi Jul 5th 2011 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Gd..Oz (Post 9475879)
not to worry.. mine took 2 months after submission for medicals to get "met" status.. As of now all docs met since june 23.. still waiting.. whts next now??

More wait!

hope2012 Jul 5th 2011 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Gd..Oz (Post 9475879)

Oh Dear, not to worry. I guess your grant letter is on the way:thumbsup:. you know it is just that world traffic got stuck with some volcano from Chile :D

Gd..Oz Jul 5th 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by uzi (Post 9476013)
More wait!

Originally Posted by hope2012 (Post 9476039)
Oh Dear, not to worry. I guess your grant letter is on the way:thumbsup:. you know it is just that world traffic got stuck with some volcano from Chile :D

this ones the hardest wait.. :fingerscrossed: fingers crossed:fingerscrossed:

imblogger Jul 6th 2011 6:10 am

You can send mail to [email protected] in order to get update from medical CO

Dont forget to Send your case number

hope2012 Jul 6th 2011 9:05 am

Originally Posted by imblogger (Post 9478033)
You can send mail to [email protected] in order to get update from medical CO

Dont forget to Send your case number

great, just please confirm that by case number, you meant TRN(Transaction Reference Number)? thank you for advice.
cheers

imblogger Jul 6th 2011 9:07 am

Yes your TRN number is Case number

Gd..Oz Jul 12th 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by hope2012 (Post 9476039)

Well well.. not grant letter though, but some1 else was on the way.. Officials from high commission for "job verification".. put lots of questions..