Forum Regular

justgoogleit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air-conditioning Mechanic

Hi all

On the SOL list it has the following occupations listed as:

Refrigeration and Air-conditioning Mechanic [Refrigeration Fitter] 4312-11

&

Mechanical Services and Air-conditioning Plumber 4431-19

Question: Does this mean that if I am a straight forward Air conditioning mechanic (with all relevant experience and qualifications of course), I can immigrate to Australia on say, the skilled independant visa?

Thanks, look forward to your response. It would also be nice to hear from any Air Con Mechanics that have succeeded.

Regards

Nick
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice
Default Re: Air-conditioning Mechanic

Originally Posted by justgoogleit
Hi all

&

Question: Does this mean that if I am a straight forward Air conditioning mechanic (with all relevant experience and qualifications of course), I can immigrate to Australia on say, the skilled independant visa?

Thanks, look forward to your response. It would also be nice to hear from any Air Con Mechanics that have succeeded.

Regards

Nick
hi Nick , regarding your question from what i can see an air conditioning plumber is someone who runs refrigeration pipes evacuates the system and lets the refrigerant from the condenser into the air handling unit [ pre charge gas ] , i think they would be restricted from working on refrigeration appliances due to different qualifications , please someone correct me if i am wrong .

now if you have city and guilds level 2 , and city and guilds 2078 refrigerant handling , and 6 years experience in the trade from training to engineer , then you can apply for a 136 skilled independant visa , i am 33 and did the online points assessment and scored 135 points , [120 needed ] .
you will have to have your skills assessed through vetassess , this is a paper based assessment , if you are successful , then you will have to sit a practical skills assessment , there you will be tested on your skills , knowledge ,and safe working practice , NOTE if you are mainly air con then you will need to brush up on your refrigeration ie , semi hermetics , rotalock valves , hp/lp switches , control circuits , tev, superheat , subcooling [ compariters ] , mainly the understanding of the basic fundimentals of refrigeration .
we sat this assessment last week so still are waiting for our results , [ you had yours yet Harry ] hope this is of help to you , regards .
karl.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:55 pm
It's meant to be

Copplestone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 571090
hi Nick , regarding your question from what i can see an air conditioning plumber is someone who runs refrigeration pipes evacuates the system and lets the refrigerant from the condenser into the air handling unit [ pre charge gas ] , i think they would be restricted from working on refrigeration appliances due to different qualifications , please someone correct me if i am wrong .

now if you have city and guilds level 2 , and city and guilds 2078 refrigerant handling , and 6 years experience in the trade from training to engineer , then you can apply for a 136 skilled independant visa , i am 33 and did the online points assessment and scored 135 points , [120 needed ] .
you will have to have your skills assessed through vetassess , this is a paper based assessment , if you are successful , then you will have to sit a practical skills assessment , there you will be tested on your skills , knowledge ,and safe working practice , NOTE if you are mainly air con then you will need to brush up on your refrigeration ie , semi hermetics , rotalock valves , hp/lp switches , control circuits , tev, superheat , subcooling [ compariters ] , mainly the understanding of the basic fundimentals of refrigeration .
we sat this assessment last week so still are waiting for our results , [ you had yours yet Harry ] hope this is of help to you , regards .
karl.

Many thanks Karl. Very usefull comment indeed.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice571090 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Copplestone
Many thanks Karl. Very usefull comment indeed.
welcome
Old Apr 26th 2008, 10:02 am
Just Joined

tempaire1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

well nick i think karl is almost right with the plumbing version, repairing pipes but i think this would be more on a limited basis any handling of refrigerant you would be restricted, i think this avenue is more for maintenance with associated repairs to fan coil systems and ductwork for the commercial side HVAC although i may be wrong.

yes karl successful in the vetassess practical how about you mate. felt like ages waiting, and for you nick practical is all fridge really so as karl said brush up on your small semi-s packages like you find in a cold room.

regards harry
Old Apr 26th 2008, 4:16 pm
It's meant to be

Originally Posted by tempaire1
hi all

well nick i think karl is almost right with the plumbing version, repairing pipes but i think this would be more on a limited basis any handling of refrigerant you would be restricted, i think this avenue is more for maintenance with associated repairs to fan coil systems and ductwork for the commercial side HVAC although i may be wrong.

yes karl successful in the vetassess practical how about you mate. felt like ages waiting, and for you nick practical is all fridge really so as karl said brush up on your small semi-s packages like you find in a cold room.

regards harry

Many thanks Harry.

Nick
Old Apr 29th 2008, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

claretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the roughclaretandblue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by justgoogleit
Hi all

&

Regards

Nick
Hi Nick,
You need to go on the TRA website and make sure the description applies to what you do.
My brother and I are A/C engineers in the UK, we are both emigrating to Oz and using the same agent.
We applied at different times and my brother was given the wrong code.
We both submitted our applications to the TRA and my brothers was rejected.
He then had to re-submit his application again and change most of his paperwork to suit.
Luckily the agent paid for the resubmission but it set him back around 3 months and forced him to submit online and take an english test.
Good luck with the application though
Nigel
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:03 pm
It's meant to be

Originally Posted by claretandblue
Hi Nick,
You need to go on the TRA website and make sure the description applies to what you do.
My brother and I are A/C engineers in the UK, we are both emigrating to Oz and using the same agent.
We applied at different times and my brother was given the wrong code.
We both submitted our applications to the TRA and my brothers was rejected.
He then had to re-submit his application again and change most of his paperwork to suit.
Luckily the agent paid for the resubmission but it set him back around 3 months and forced him to submit online and take an english test.
Good luck with the application though
Nigel
Thank you Nigel for your input. I shall keep this in mind.

Nick