AIM chief exec skills assessment questions

Old Oct 30th 2016, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

JugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really nice
Default AIM chief exec skills assessment questions

Hi everyone,

We're going for a 190 state sponsored visa based on my role as CEO and founder of a digital marketing agency. I've read the criteria on the AIM website and I tick all the boxes as far as I can see BUT... I recently read that I might need to prove that I have a minimum number of staff who report to me.

I'm now wondering if there's any substance in this. Anyone have any info?

Thanks!
Old Oct 30th 2016, 8:51 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AIM chief exec skills assessment questions

Originally Posted by JugglingJohn
Hi everyone,

We're going for a 190 state sponsored visa based on my role as CEO and founder of a digital marketing agency. I've read the criteria on the AIM website and I tick all the boxes as far as I can see BUT... I recently read that I might need to prove that I have a minimum number of staff who report to me.

Thanks!
Hi. Although the assessment criteria for CEO doesn't explicitly mention minimum staff numbers, the AIM assessment form you'd need to fill in asks the following:

Total number of employees in company: :________
Number of subordinate managers directly reporting to you: ________
Number of subordinate managers in a managerial or supervisory position reporting directly to each of your subordinate managers:
http://aim-drupal-files.s3.amazonaws...n%20010616.pdf
Old Oct 31st 2016, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JugglingJohn
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
You should assume that the skills assessment would be very rigorous, this is a notoriously difficult one to pass. One of the key criteria is that you have tiers of management below you, I think there might BA a minimum number of managers you should have, although I don't know that there is an overall minimum number of staff.

How many managers and tiers of management do you have?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Veronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond reputeVeronika has a reputation beyond repute

We have had clients in the past who have operated quite small businesses and the skills assessment has been fine. But if your business does not have any employees at all, or if there are only one or two, you may struggle to get a positive skills assessment.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond reputeDave1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi John
I got through on this visa. My circumstances were different to yours (500 employees) but my recommendation is to to fill your form in, answer the questions truthfully and send it off. You have nothing to lose but the assessment fee. Business has changed in the digital age, who is to say that your skills are not what they are looking for?
Old Nov 18th 2016, 10:43 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

As stated, AIM is notoriously difficult.

You need to be able to demonstrate a company hierarchy and your place within that hierarchy.

You would need to demonstrate that there are three or more managers who report directly to you, and those three subordinate managers need to have a minimum of three managerial or supervisory employees who report to them.

As a result, this tends to limit the scope of AIM applications to senior managers from large organisations, which is exactly what it's intended to do.

Regards,

Richard Gregan
MARN 9905168
Old Jan 8th 2017, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

JugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really niceJugglingJohn is just really nice

Hi Veronika,

We have a team of six at the moment and will be adding another two in q1 of 2017. Would this work?

Thanks,

John