AHPRA - advice needed

Old Dec 11th 2017, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default AHPRA - advice needed

Hi guys, just in need of a little bit of advice if possible please because I have trawled through the application forms etc but really struggling to find what I need.

It requests a 'statement of service' history of all employers to prove I have worked 450 hours in the past 5 years.... which is fine. However, there are no templates on what this needs to include. Is this like the professional referee that ANMAC require?

I have worked at three different hospitals each of them for much more than 450 hours at each institution. Therefore, what I am wondering is do I still need a referee from each hospital if my current reference describes I have already met the requirement of hours?

Any advice welcome and greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:57 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHPRA - advice needed

I can't help you with that, but love your user name - it made me smile a lot

welcome.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
I can't help you with that, but love your user name - it made me smile a lot

welcome.
Haha thanks. I'm not very inventive with it though I'm afraid.... It's just my surname with the letters jumbled x
Old Dec 12th 2017, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

sammy89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello again I contacted AHPRA by phone the night before last when I sent my application they advised it was just like a normal reference and if it states that I am/was employed full time and I have the required skills for the job that should be enough. If not they said if the manager signing the reference leaves an NHS email address as a first point of contact they can accept a new reference that way long as the fist had an original signature on letter headed paper x
Old Dec 13th 2017, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sammy89
Hello again I contacted AHPRA by phone the night before last when I sent my application they advised it was just like a normal reference and if it states that I am/was employed full time and I have the required skills for the job that should be enough. If not they said if the manager signing the reference leaves an NHS email address as a first point of contact they can accept a new reference that way long as the fist had an original signature on letter headed paper x
Hi, yes I ended up calling too! They explained that it is basically the same as the ANMAC and that so long as I have worked more than 450 hours in one of the institutuions then that would suffice.

They also advised once the registration is accepted, I have 90 days to be in the country and provide documentation in order to have registration granted!
Old Dec 13th 2017, 2:59 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, ANMAC are moving to a new online application process on 15th January. I've posted up info about this in another thread.

Regards,

Richard
Old Dec 13th 2017, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Richard_Gregan
By the way, ANMAC are moving to a new online application process on 15th January. I've posted up info about this in another thread.

Regards,

Richard
Thanks Richard. I was aware that they are changing it. They have just received mine so I guess mine will be processed according to their current way, not of the new way starting Jan 15th xx
Old Dec 13th 2017, 4:28 pm

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if they've received it already then they'll process according to current rules and with the docs they have.

Regards,

Richard