AHC London are they open?

Old Jan 24th 2004, 4:36 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default AHC London are they open?

Really just a crossover from another thread - but is the AHC London open for getting visas stamped in passports?

If we get them, I can't allow our passports to be sent in the post since we'll need them for other travel around the same time. In October, we went up to the smoke and had -410 visas put in over the counter with no problem : anyone know if this is still the case?
Old Jan 24th 2004, 4:50 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHC London are they open?

Originally posted by Rog Williams
Really just a crossover from another thread - but is the AHC London open for getting visas stamped in passports?

If we get them, I can't allow our passports to be sent in the post since we'll need them for other travel around the same time. In October, we went up to the smoke and had -410 visas put in over the counter with no problem : anyone know if this is still the case?
Fraid not, they changed the rules in november i think! they will only accept passports by post/courier. But they do turn them around quickly, we got our back 4 days after posting them.
Old Jan 24th 2004, 4:52 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I think everyone has to be done by post now, check out the blurb on the website.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: FROM 1 DECEMBER 2003, THIS OFFICE WILL NOT OFFER A COUNTER PROCESSING SERVICE. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE LODGED BY POST TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.
Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London WC2B 4LA
Old Jan 24th 2004, 5:36 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by BKate
I think everyone has to be done by post now, check out the blurb on the website.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: FROM 1 DECEMBER 2003, THIS OFFICE WILL NOT OFFER A COUNTER PROCESSING SERVICE. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE LODGED BY POST TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.
Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand
London WC2B 4LA
Yes, but someone posted in the last couple of days that they had gone personally in January and had them done!

Also, there was a similar notice on the AHC site a year ago - yet they were doing walk-ins as usual when we went in October. Weird......
Old Jan 24th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent ours to London today. The info sheet with the visa grant letter (Skilled Ind 136) only says about sending them to AHC by post/courier. It doesn't say anything about going there in person.

Muzzman
Old Jan 24th 2004, 9:16 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but someone posted in the last couple of days that they had gone personally in January and had them done!

Also, there was a similar notice on the AHC site a year ago - yet they were doing walk-ins as usual when we went in October. Weird......
They changed the rules recently.