Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

AHC Degrees Verification is taking too long ... What to do??

AHC Degrees Verification is taking too long ... What to do??

Old Sep 15th 2010, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future
Default AHC Degrees Verification is taking too long ... What to do??

Respected Members,

How much it takes Australian High Commission to verity degrees from HEC (Higher Education Commission, Pakistan)?

I am asking this because I had submitted my degrees in the last week of July and after passing almost 02 months, I am still looking for my degrees.

I am much curious and nervous about the situation and needs your help ... What to do??

I have tried several times to ask HEC but no reply through Phone.

My CO is also asking me that it might be undergoing in AHC in Islamabad.

Please guide me with your experiences.

regards,

Umar Farooq.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 3:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AHC Degrees Verification is taking too long ... What to do??

Originally Posted by itprofessional
Respected Members,

How much it takes Australian High Commission to verity degrees from HEC (Higher Education Commission, Pakistan)?

I am asking this because I had submitted my degrees in the last week of July and after passing almost 02 months, I am still looking for my degrees.

I am much curious and nervous about the situation and needs your help ... What to do??

regards,

Umar Farooq.
Why is your Case Officer asking you about it? The CO should know what checks they have initiated.
Nothiong at all that you can do, you just have to sit and wait for the process to be finalised.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:52 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Respected Members,

regards,

Umar Farooq.
Dear Umer,

As you know that Pakistan HEC is very busy these days because they are undertaking an investigation for the degrees of our parliamentarians !

It will take time, so sit tight. Meanwhile, tell us why AHC have asked your Degree attestation from HEC ? I never heard about anyone being asked for that ?

Cheers,

TAA
Old Sep 15th 2010, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by foha2012
Dear Umer,

As you know that Pakistan HEC is very busy these days because they are undertaking an investigation for the degrees of our parliamentarians !

It will take time, so sit tight. Meanwhile, tell us why AHC have asked your Degree attestation from HEC ? I never heard about anyone being asked for that ?

Cheers,

TAA
It has been a part of their immigration process and hopefully YOU will also has to undergo through this process.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 8:03 pm
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

It has been a part of their immigration process and hopefully YOU will also has to undergo through this process.
LoL !

I sure hope not !

Cheers,

TAA
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:00 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

My CO did not ask for HEC attestation and i think it is due to the fact that my degrees were already attested by HEC and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
You applied for immigration why did u not do this at first phase?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
My CO did not ask for HEC attestation and i think it is due to the fact that my degrees were already attested by HEC and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
You applied for immigration why did u not do this at first phase?
My Dear Shafqat,

My degrees were already attested/verified by HEC too. Stamps were there at the time of Application for immigration.

No one can predict about their minds.

regards,

Umar Farooq.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

aliah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nicealiah is just really nice

My Dear Shafqat,

My degrees were already attested/verified by HEC too. Stamps were there at the time of Application for immigration.

regards,

Umar Farooq.
yes i submitted without HEC attestation,and was never asked for it afterwards...

so it varies from CO to CO!!!
Old Sep 16th 2010, 7:27 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

My Dear Shafqat,

regards,

Umar Farooq.
really strange, would u like to share when did u get CO and when did he ask for HEC attestation? and ur university?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 8:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its been discussed on here before, DIAC can request verification if they feel necessary.
One thread of several on the subject...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645740
Old Sep 16th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

remo is an unknown quantity at this point

Respected Members,

regards,

Umar Farooq.
In my case, it took 2 and half months from the date I submitted to HEC to the date i received back by post at my home address.

In general, AHC visits HEC at the end of each month to collect the files but in some cases they can not pick exactly each month.

If this really bothers you, then you can visit HEC and check if your degrees are already picked up by AHC or not.

If already with AHC then follow up with them.

If still with HEC, then ask them to send a reminder or make a phone call to AHC to collect your degrees.

hope it help.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shafaqat309
really strange, would u like to share when did u get CO and when did he ask for HEC attestation? and ur university?
My university is "University of Agriculture". I got CO in Dec. 2010 and halted my case due to baby birth till July and it was asked by CO in Dec. & July.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

My university is "University of Agriculture". I got CO in Dec. 2010 and halted my case due to baby birth till July and it was asked by CO in Dec. & July.
Yesterday HEC told me that the degrees are STILL in HEC pending list and AHC has NOT COME to receive the degrees.... So strange .... What to do now ... What should I do next???

Umar Farooq.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 4:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday HEC told me that the degrees are STILL in HEC pending list and AHC has NOT COME to receive the degrees.... So strange .... What to do now ... What should I do next???

Umar Farooq.
You should wait. There is nothing else you can do.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Umar Farooq.
Get on with your life basically and try to forget about it as much as possible (yes I know that's nigh on impossible but...). You can do nothing. DIAC can do nothing either.