Wikiposts

For The Agents Using The Forum

Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:42 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For The Agents Using The Forum

Just one further comment on the subject from me: I perceive that the DIMIA individual case officers "at the coalface" are also unhappy with the difficulties and inequities you face as applicants and we face as migration agents => don't take out your frustrations on them. The problems sit at a higher level where policy decisions are taken, and that's why I wouldn't aggravate your appointed case officers: there's likely to be no point in so doing.

If you want to make a statement I'd again suggest that you do so through the Minister's office.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
Alan thank's for being the one agent that has replied to this (no surprise) i have taken a note of the ministers e mail address and like madsad will wait until mid Nov before doing anything. Even then it will be done through my agent as he has been paid in full and it's his job to do so.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Just one further comment on the subject from me: I perceive that the DIMIA individual case officers "at the coalface" are also unhappy with the difficulties and inequities you face as applicants and we face as migration agents => don't take out your frustrations on them. The problems sit at a higher level where policy decisions are taken, and that's why I wouldn't aggravate your appointed case officers: there's likely to be no point in so doing.

If you want to make a statement I'd again suggest that you do so through the Minister's office.

Best regards.

All I can add to this is that at least the whole immigration process into Oz seems a hell of a lot quicker than Canada. Do you know people can be in the queue for 3 YEARS? The points can and do change, and that your case is assessed based on the points required AT THE TIME OR YOUR ASSESSMENT!

I can only be thankful I'm off to Oz and not Canada.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

Josemike is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Friends:

I write this not to argue about who takes longer to process or who clears quicker than Canada. The problem is most of us are being kept in total darkness by DIMIA. Our emails / fax to CO does not get any response.

When we were informed in our acknowledgement letter that the processing will take 50-52 weeks we were not unduly worried during that wait.

When it was the normal practice to get a verdict between 60-90 days after submission of Medicals/PCC/IELTS/Additional Documents, we were not again worried during that period.

But when you don't hear even seven months after submission of Medicals etc. especiially those of us from Region 2, with MODL and STNI Approval, it is then we begin to run out of our patience. Especially when many of us do not get any reply to our emails addressed even to the DIMIA General ID/Region 2 Manager.

When Alan points out that our COs are not to be blamed as they are helpless due to the policy decisions of the higher ups -- The Hon. Minister -- then it is nothing but discrimination.

All the applicants do understand about procedural delays. But what we are unable to understand is the silence mode adopted by DIMIA.

Was it Raj, who had written some time ago that if applicants from Region 2 are not desired, then why not impose a blanket ban and save us from the unnecessary costs and tension.

Yours in Solidarity,

Josemike