Wikiposts

For The Agents Using The Forum

Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:36 am
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road
Default For The Agents Using The Forum

I write this message because the frustration waiting for something to happen with DIMIA is now becoming unbearable.

My personal opinion (if it is shared by others the support would be appreciated) is that all Migration agents should be asking DIMIA what the hell is happening, there seems to be little or no issuing of visa's and for the migrants waiting this is now becoming unbearable.

DIMIA will not talk to anyone and refuse to tell Joe Public whats happening so is it time for the agents to start putting some pressure on.

I am well aware that this is your livelihood but i cannot think of another industry/business in the world where this poor level of service/standard of work would be tolerated.

DIMIA are not untouchable, and i feel it is about time we the migrants were given some accurate timescales.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:38 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For The Agents Using The Forum

[QUOTE=TOADFISH]I write this message because the frustration waiting for something to happen with DIMIA is now becoming unbearable.

QUOTE]

how long you waiting?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:01 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
I write this message because the frustration waiting for something to happen with DIMIA is now becoming unbearable.

My personal opinion (if it is shared by others the support would be appreciated) is that all Migration agents should be asking DIMIA what the hell is happening, there seems to be little or no issuing of visa's and for the migrants waiting this is now becoming unbearable.

DIMIA will not talk to anyone and refuse to tell Joe Public whats happening so is it time for the agents to start putting some pressure on.

I am well aware that this is your livelihood but i cannot think of another industry/business in the world where this poor level of service/standard of work would be tolerated.

DIMIA are not untouchable, and i feel it is about time we the migrants were given some accurate timescales.
The agents views & opinions on this situation vary so much,so much so i very much doubt you will even a comment from any agent on this forum?
COME on agents prove me wrong????

Donna.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: For The Agents Using The Forum

Hi Toadfish

I fully agree with you however as I decided to do this process without the help of an agent I feel I cannot expect to receive a reply. The agents on this forum are very helpful and since I joined in March I have always found there input very useful and informative.

I do however feel that they to have been very quiet recently (I know George has been busy). Whether it's because their clients are requesting more info I don't know but usually when they do contact dimia for info they do let us know and it is usually very accurate.

I suppose they just feel as uselss as the rest of us but they are getting paid for it and should have some insider info they can share with us PLEASE!!!

Jayne
Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:57 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Unfortunately I will be surprised if we see any agents putting a comment on. If I am right we haven't seen much of a reaction from the agents on the pre july and post july discussions. If I remember they haven't commented much as they are also in the dark.

On the otherhand being a MARA certified agents they have more responsibility and comunication power then us. So they do have a good chance in putting the pressure.
But the question is will they ?????? They are also elusive as DIMIA

hope to see reactions from anyone there.
As far as I am concerned I am all in for writing a petition as Galilite did one more time. But with strong pharsing to The Minister and DIMIA.

Any one in for that ?

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:01 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by badri
Hi All,

Unfortunately I will be surprised if we see any agents putting a comment on. If I am right we haven't seen much of a reaction from the agents on the pre july and post july discussions. If I remember they haven't commented much as they are also in the dark.

On the otherhand being a MARA certified agents they have more responsibility and comunication power then us. So they do have a good chance in putting the pressure.

As far as I am concerned I am all in for writing a petition as Galilite did one more time. But with strong pharsing to The Minister and DIMIA.

Any one in for that ?

Cheers
Badri
yes I am....gone past caring if it could do any harm....
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:29 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: For The Agents Using The Forum

Hi All,

Any one in for that ?

Cheers
Badri

Badri, we have had so many up's & downs with this whole thing i dont really see what we have to lose, have you heard anything from your agent about changes which may occur on the 1st Of Nov? Our agent said that if there are to be any changes (if) then chances are they will happen on the 1st.

The most worrying thing for the migrants is the total lack of got it's, med request's etc, DIMIA would help themselves a lot more if they posted some updates on here?

We will do whatever Badri, we have nowt to lose and no more energy left to lose it with.

Mr Madsad.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 5:42 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madsad
Badri, we have had so many up's & downs with this whole thing i dont really see what we have to lose, have you heard anything from your agent about changes which may occur on the 1st Of Nov? Our agent said that if there are to be any changes (if) then chances are they will happen on the 1st.

The most worrying thing for the migrants is the total lack of got it's, med request's etc, DIMIA would help themselves a lot more if they posted some updates on here?

We will do whatever Badri, we have nowt to lose and no more energy left to lose it with.

Mr Madsad.
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything from my agent either.
Being still positive I hope to hear something by 1st november.
If I look back DIMIA is having a tough time on the hand. the only thing I heard from the agent is they will be sticking to their guns on 50 weeks for the pre july applications.
Atleast if we don't hear anything by 1 november we can send a letter enquiring them to give a realistic timeframe instead of some statements with the list of Modl folks as well as non modl applications.

Here is what my plan is :

-- Get a list of people who are in the MODL before septemeber who hasn't heard meds or about final decision
-- Get a list of people who are in the MODL after septemeber who hasn't heard meds or about final decision
-- Get a list of people who applied in the following months jan, feb, march till july who hasn't send thier meds
-- Get a list of people who applied in the following months jan, feb, march till july who are waiting for the meds.

- Prepare a letter to DIMIA as well as the Minister and ask them to give a response in timeline as well as the what's the logic behind not putting all the pre july into th enew system.

-- If money is the issue we are ready to pay the additional fees.

If they can bring in the post july applications into the system quickly almost within a week into the system why not pre july applications.

If need we can give them a hand in bringing the applications into the system

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

step1 is an unknown quantity at this point

-- If money is the issue we are ready to pay the additional fees.

Cheers
Badri
Do you mean bribing?

They are paid well, aren't they?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:43 am
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally Posted by step1
Do you mean bribing?

They are paid well, aren't they?
No No No

What I meant was there is an increase in application fee since july. We can pay the additional fee if thats the bottleneck in getting the pre july applications into the system

Not bribery No way. I will be the last person to go in that direction.

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:56 am
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: For The Agents Using The Forum

Originally Posted by TOADFISH

I would not think ANY agents on here or elsewhere are going to put there heads above the parapet as they dont want to loose any face with the DIMIA and obviously risk there very lucrative buisness by tarnishing there image with DIMIA / MARA consquetly risking existing / prospective clients chances.
There must be an overseeing body for migration in general some sort of gov body????
My agent is going to make enquires next week but not on specific cases just a block of cases. They tell me they will do it this way just in case they prejudace any one application.

So sit tight and say nothing the order of the day! The agents aint going to help us!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

step1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: For The Agents Using The Forum

No No No

What I meant was there is an increase in application fee since july. We can pay the additional fee if thats the bottleneck in getting the pre july applications into the system

Not bribery No way. I will be the last person to go in that direction.

Cheers
Badri
lol...that was a joke.

DIMA is functioning like government offices in India. If you’ve been to India you would know what I mean. I didn’t expect this kind of service from Australian Department of Immigration and Multicultural affairs.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Bed Of Roses
I would not think ANY agents on here or elsewhere are going to put there heads above the parapet as they dont want to loose any face with the DIMIA and obviously risk there very lucrative buisness by tarnishing there image with DIMIA / MARA consquetly risking existing / prospective clients chances.
There must be an overseeing body for migration in general some sort of gov body????
My agent is going to make enquires next week but not on specific cases just a block of cases. They tell me they will do it this way just in case they prejudace any one application.

So sit tight and say nothing the order of the day! The agents aint going to help us!
This may well be the case, but the agents priority must also be satisfying their clients, this is a nightmare for them aswell because no news means anxious clients, means more grief for the agents.

I just think agents have more of a right to ask these questions, we all pay good money to DIMIA/AGENTS, and if i pay for a service i think that gives me a right to ask questions and also to have questions answered.

So sit tight and say nothing the order of the day!

My personal opinion is that i have sat tight and said nothing for long enough, thats just my opinion.

Mr Madsad.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:14 am
ASCO code 2211-11

Accountant is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything from my agent either.
Being still positive I hope to hear something by 1st november.
If I look back DIMIA is having a tough time on the hand. the only thing I heard from the agent is they will be sticking to their guns on 50 weeks for the pre july applications.
Atleast if we don't hear anything by 1 november we can send a letter enquiring them to give a realistic timeframe instead of some statements with the list of Modl folks as well as non modl applications.
Well, your idea is good, 'cause collective effort which contains lists, facts and tough statistic would be better than individual attempts to knock in their door.
But I suggest to give 'em a chance till mid-November, as they asked. I see two general reasons for it:
1) Technical - as for my case, I see that post deliverance from Au to my post-box is about 10-13 days. So if they issued something on October, 31 (considering they work for us days, nights and week-ends, hah!), I'll see the result that day fortnight.
2) Moral - whether they work hard or lazy, they tried to explain their reasons and gave us a time frame. Meanwhile, we see that queue is moving and cannot estimate the speed due to lack of information (of course, not all the cases and timelines are available for us). If we stand still till mid-Nov, we'll give 'em a chance to save a face. After that date we will be free to act and ask further explanations, smth like "hey guys, we were good and patient persons, we treat you as trustful partners, we didn't annoy you with our complaints and gave you a chance to do fulfil your obligations... but now..."
If I have no info till Nov 14, I ready to join the team and do my best. But I wouldn't like to do it before.
BTW, I remember some cases when in the morning someone cries about unbearable waiting and frustration, but some days later (or even at the same evening) the same person proudly presents news about visa granted. So anything can change in the blink of an eye in this shop
Let's differentiate between objective process and our emotional perception
Tough luck for all us!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:49 am
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally Posted by Accountant
Well, your idea is good, 'cause collective effort which contains lists, facts and tough statistic would be better than individual attempts to knock in their door.
But I suggest to give 'em a chance till mid-November, as they asked. I see two general reasons for it:
1) Technical - as for my case, I see that post deliverance from Au to my post-box is about 10-13 days. So if they issued something on October, 31 (considering they work for us days, nights and week-ends, hah!), I'll see the result that day fortnight.
2) Moral - whether they work hard or lazy, they tried to explain their reasons and gave us a time frame. Meanwhile, we see that queue is moving and cannot estimate the speed due to lack of information (of course, not all the cases and timelines are available for us). If we stand still till mid-Nov, we'll give 'em a chance to save a face. After that date we will be free to act and ask further explanations, smth like "hey guys, we were good and patient persons, we treat you as trustful partners, we didn't annoy you with our complaints and gave you a chance to do fulfil your obligations... but now..."
If I have no info till Nov 14, I ready to join the team and do my best. But I wouldn't like to do it before.
BTW, I remember some cases when in the morning someone cries about unbearable waiting and frustration, but some days later (or even at the same evening) the same person proudly presents news about visa granted. So anything can change in the blink of an eye in this shop
Let's differentiate between objective process and our emotional perception
Tough luck for all us!

I see your point. We can wait till mid novmeber.
My concern is there are lots of people who are not in the MODL. What's gonna happen to them.

They made some statement and informed people that if you don't hear anything by 1 week november give us a shout. But nothing on the non modl applications.
Since I am on that boat I am concerned.

What I am still not able to understand is the following: The have a new system to address the incoming applications. This is working fine.
Since pre july applications are not yet looked at it means that they are still lying in the pile
What's stopping them in moivng the not opend applications into the new system .... hmm I can't see any reason.

Remember eventhough we are immigrants we will be the future taxing people of australia. We pay both the Agent and DIMIA to processes our applications atleast they could be honest.

Well I am not going to whine but I would like to hear some honest answers

That's not too much to ask for ????
Badri

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.