Wikiposts

Agents please read

Old May 15th 2004, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Agents please read

please help re. police checks

I have copied and pasted a thread that I started some time ago. Please would the agents mind reading and give me some advice. If you would like to give me a price for your advice first please PM me. We are at quite an advanced stage having submitted our application last November so there will not be an awful lot to do just a little advice on what I should do about this genuine but stupid mistake.

when I was 15 I had a silly schoolgirl fight and her parents took me to court, the magistrate said it was ridiculous to have gotten this far but as it had she had to give me a £5 fine. When filling in our application form I sent off for our police records and it came back saying "there is no information held about you in the Person Record category of the Police National Computer". We sent our application in thinking I had no record and that the magistrate hadn't recorded it. I have since been helping out at the primary school and have had to fill in a CRB check. This has come back in the form of an Enhanced Disclosure and states very clearly that I do have a criminal record at a juvenile court. Please could someone tell me what am I to do? Also which police check do they ask for?

Following on this thread.

I have not yet told DIMIA about my "criminal record". I just don't know what to say. I do have to tell them, I appreciate that, but as I didn't tell them on the application form how are they going to regard it?

Has anybody any experience with this and does anyone have any advice to give?

Plaese help as my sleepless nights are getting longer and longer.

By the way it is now shown on my new police check.

Have you considered speaking with a registered migration agent with experience in these matters?

Any applicant with medical and/or criminal stories to tell shouldn't be looking at the D.I.Y. route. If you find yourself frozen by inaction due to a severe feeling of helplessness, followed swiftly by hopelessness, you should seriously consider engaging an agent.

A Form 1023 (Notification of Incorrect Answers) might be necessary in your case, but I strongly urge you to get an agent.
Old May 16th 2004, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Agents please read

Originally posted by lindseyden

I have copied and pasted a thread that I started some time ago. Please would the agents mind reading and give me some advice. If you would like to give me a price for your advice first please PM me. We are at quite an advanced stage having submitted our application last November so there will not be an awful lot to do just a little advice on what I should do about this genuine but stupid mistake.

when I was 15 I had a silly schoolgirl fight and her parents took me to court, the magistrate said it was ridiculous to have gotten this far but as it had she had to give me a £5 fine. When filling in our application form I sent off for our police records and it came back saying "there is no information held about you in the Person Record category of the Police National Computer". We sent our application in thinking I had no record and that the magistrate hadn't recorded it. I have since been helping out at the primary school and have had to fill in a CRB check. This has come back in the form of an Enhanced Disclosure and states very clearly that I do have a criminal record at a juvenile court. Please could someone tell me what am I to do? Also which police check do they ask for?

I have not yet told DIMIA about my "criminal record". I just don't know what to say. I do have to tell them, I appreciate that, but as I didn't tell them on the application form how are they going to regard it?

Have you considered speaking with a registered migration agent with experience in these matters?

Any applicant with medical and/or criminal stories to tell shouldn't be looking at the D.I.Y. route. If you find yourself frozen by inaction due to a severe feeling of helplessness, followed swiftly by hopelessness, you should seriously consider engaging an agent.

A Form 1023 (Notification of Incorrect Answers) might be necessary in your case, but I strongly urge you to get an agent.

BUMP
Old May 16th 2004, 9:09 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

It'd be nuts if they held that against you. You were a minor, right?
Old May 17th 2004, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

BUMP again.....last time I promise!!!
Old May 17th 2004, 8:52 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lindsey,

Have PM'd you.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old May 17th 2004, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by George Lombard
Hi Lindsey,

Have PM'd you.

cheers,

George Lombard
George

Thank you so very, very much for your reply, I owe you a pint.

Love and kisses

Lindseyxxx