Wikiposts

Agent used - can I chase CO myself?

Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Agent used - can I chase CO myself?

Hi everyone, I've not posted for months - been getting a bit sick of the whole process to be honest!

We are January 07 applicants and were allocated a CO in March. I had my medical done in December 06 as we were trying for a second child and I didn't want to have to worry that I would be pregnant and unable to get my x-ray done. Unfortunately, no baby so was a waste of time!!

CO requested that hubbie and son get their medicals done and these were done in April.

Here's where the problem lies, due to work and cash (or lack of it) we are unable to activate visa until New Year. Agent said I could get my medical done again and extended the deadline for us to respond to CO. I had it done that week and it was sent to Australia direct by doctor.

Then I got an email in August stating that the CO had not received my new medical and did I want him to make decision on the old medical? I replied to Agent saying "no" please try to find it, and didn't hear anything else for weeks and weeks.

Finally, I've been told by agent that CO has the new medical but nothing else. This was in August! I've been chasing agent but not having much response. Can I chase the CO myself? Do you think that chasing the CO will have a detrimental effect?

The reason I want to rush is that we wnat to fly back from our hol via Bali so we can drop our four year old off with my parents for an extended holiday, but to do this we have to tally up with their return flight as we will be coming back two weeks before them. I need to do this as my mum looks after our son and I'll have no childcare whislt they are away - work will not be happy with me if I'm off for three weeks then ask for a further 2 weeks re childcare!

Please help - and apologies for the rambling email probably tmi!

Emma
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agent used - can I chase CO myself?

If you are using the services of an agent then DIAC will not communicate with you. They are only allowed to communicate with the person authorised to receive communication, which likely is your agent.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

emmakc1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Agent used - can I chase CO myself?

Thanks - that's a nightmare, agent taking ages to respond to emails. I'll ring them tomorrow morning.

Thanks again!