Which agent to use?

Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

alumb05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which agent to use?

Hi, please can somebody give me some advice on picking an immigration agent/company. I have been to see the people from 'Thinking Australia' and they were very nice and told us the prices that it would cost. £1,850 for their fees plus another £1,000 for a government fee then some other things all in all adding up to about £3,000 (ish). Is this what to expect from any agent company?

Another query of mine is whether it is worth using a company like 'Thinking Australia' or if we should just go direct to an agent like http://www.abcmigration.com.au I have looked on the 'Thinking Australia' site and some of their agents make up the 'ABC Migration' company. Do they do all the work, what would 'Thinking AusAustraliad to the application? Are they basically just acting as the 'middle man' or do they do extra things?

Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice
Default Re: Which agent to use?

Originally Posted by alumb05
Hi, please can somebody give me some advice on picking an immigration agent/company. I have been to see the people from 'Thinking Australia' and they were very nice and told us the prices that it would cost. £1,850 for their fees plus another £1,000 for a government fee then some other things all in all adding up to about £3,000 (ish). Is this what to expect from any agent company?

Another query of mine is whether it is worth using a company like 'Thinking Australia' or if we should just go direct to an agent like http://www.abcmigration.com.au I have looked on the 'Thinking Australia' site and some of their agents make up the 'ABC Migration' company. Do they do all the work, what would 'Thinking AusAustraliad to the application? Are they basically just acting as the 'middle man' or do they do extra things?

Thanks
best thing to do is to search this forum as you will see this has been discussed many times. You'll be able to get a short list of agents that people have had a good experience with and those that people have not had a good experience with.

Two agents that have had plenty of good feedback are Alan Collet and George Lombard. However I would suggest that you chat to an agent and ask them how many visa applications have they been successful and unsuccessful at that are similar to your circumstances.

e,g, if you are applying as an Software Developer and do not have an IT Degree then ask the agent how many successful and unsuccessful RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) submissions they have had with the ACS (Australian Computer Society).

Agents can be beneficial/helpful/useful it really depends on how much research you wish to do yourself and how complicated/simple your situation is.

I would recommend doing some research on this website and the dimia website before deciding as to whether and which agent to use

regards

Alex
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:44 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which agent to use?

We spoke to Darrell at Thinking Australia before we decided to do it ourselves. Were very impressed and have heard good things about them.