Wikiposts

Agent Recomendation

Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

WelshandProud will become famous soon enoughWelshandProud will become famous soon enough
Default Agent Recomendation

Hi Everyone, I have been contacted by 1st Contact about the new changes on pathway D and have decided to go for it, just wanted to know if anybody has used them before and do they recommend them as I have not heard of them before i would love some advise.

Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Agent Recomendation

After phoning round many agents, we finally settled on 1st Contact. We have only just started our application, but so far they have been great in helping to sort out a few problems we were having, and they provide direct dial telephone numbers. If they have not been in when we have phoned, they have called us back very quickly.

Like I say, we have only just started out TRA but so far they have been great.

Also they offer a No Visa No Fee guarantee.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:29 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Does 1st Contact have a MARA registered migration agent who is responsible for your application?

Best regards.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

WelshandProud will become famous soon enoughWelshandProud will become famous soon enough

Hi Alan, yes thay have a registered MARA agent who i checked on the mara website and that seems fine.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:23 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

- How many years of experience does the agent have? Although we all have to start somewhere, from what I can see the agent's registration number starts 08, which means the agent was first registered with the MARA this year.

- My concern with the commentary on this firm's website is the way it describes the company as being registered with the MARA. The reality is that companies cannot be registered with the MARA - individuals are.

- I am sceptical about no visa = no fee policies, not least because any agent who knows what they are doing and who is ethically sound should not take on a client who the agent knows (or has good reason to believe) is unable to obtain a visa. It is also my experience that the small print in the agent's terms and conditions letter makes it difficult for an unsuccessful client to claim under this policy => make sure you read the small print.

As always, I am happy to be corrected ...

Best regards.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you alan, you advise is very appreciated, i think personally i will go with a more well known agent then. This is why i thought id ask first. Would you mind if i approached yourself via your website as I have read some geat comments about yourself on here.

Thanks again
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:16 pm
Migration Agent

Of course you may - feel able to send me a PM or an email.

I should add that I tend to be reticent about commenting on other agencies, but I am generally of the opinion that consumers should be informed before making a commitment and parting with their money.

Best regards.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

We have read the 1st Contact small print regarding the no visa no fee offer and everything seems spot on.

I have noticed the 08 registration and I also noticed that the two Go Matilda employees have an 07 registration and an 06 registration - just wondering how significant this is. In fact, one of the employees seems to have an entirely separate business based in Australia!

1st Contact did win an "In London" award in 2007 for their Visa services (not entirely sure what this is though).

Like I said, they have been really good so far, and I seem to remember reading recommendations for them somewhere on this forum. Good luck with whoever you choose.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:24 am
Migration Agent

Originally Posted by Sunshine7

<snip>

I have noticed the 08 registration and I also noticed that the two Go Matilda employees have an 07 registration and an 06 registration - just wondering how significant this is. In fact, one of the employees seems to have an entirely separate business based in Australia!

<snip>

It is not significant at all, because the registered agents at Go Matilda (and all of our consultants generally) have the support of me (01 registration, and a professional practitioner for the last 16 years), and a team with many years of experience.

If you are comfortable with your decision as to your appointed advisors that's fine with me. I merely recommend that when appointing an agent you do your research and make an informed decision.

Best regards.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

lovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the roughlovelyshine is a jewel in the rough

Personally, I would contact a few and work with the one you are most comfortable with.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:56 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't use an agent, BUT, after talking to LOADS of people on here and hearing so many recommendations and positive comments, if i was gonna use an agent, i'd either pick ALAN COLLETT from GoMatlida or George Lombard.

I don't know what either charge, but peace of mind can never be over-priced.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for your help it is greatly appreciated

Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:04 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

We used Go Matilda and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. We always had same day responses to any emailed questions we had, support and advice all the way through the process. I can't think of one single complaint.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

Hi - we are using 1st contact for our migration (175 visa). We have been impressed by the service we have received, very thorough, although we are now on our 4th case officer - haven't spoken to the actual migration agent who is overall responsible for our case.

Also, I would check whether they are going to submit your application on-line or by post. We didn't realise that they would submit ours paper based and that it would affect the time it's taken to get the visa (we are still waiting - visa submitted last october).

It would be quite useful if there was a checklist of questions to ask the prospective agents.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

We used 1st contact last year they got us through the process super quick and were unbelievably helpful and supportive i would definitely recommend them.:thum bsup:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.