Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

which Agent? need experienced one with good record.

Wikiposts

which Agent? need experienced one with good record.

Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

hinx will become famous soon enough
Default which Agent? need experienced one with good record.

hi People, im returning after a year away from this site and there maybe new advice you guys can give. i need an agent who has had a good track record and success rate and an intensive knowledge and experience.my previous agent had let me down and did not return the fee that i had paid and the rest is history.
but that is another story.

so i would greatly appreciate if anyone can help with choosing and agent and one that is great at giving advice.

cheers
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:53 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which Agent? need experienced one with good record.

Both Alan Collett of Go Matilda and George Lombard are highly recommended and both post here. You can google either name and they are first on the list. Others will possibly recommend other agents, but if it were my application/money I would choose Alan or George.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:29 pm
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Hi
We looked at several agents including Go Matilda & George Lombard who both seem to have good reputations. We finally went with Ian Harrop Associates... simply down to gut feeling. We have found them to be very good and are always there when required. You may find it useful to do a search on the discussion forum and gather feedback from other members.

Good luck with who ever you decide to go with
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:09 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darrens1
Hi
We looked at several agents including Go Matilda & George Lombard who both seem to have good reputations. We finally went with Ian Harrop Associates... simply down to gut feeling. We have found them to be very good and are always there when required. You may find it useful to do a search on the discussion forum and gather feedback from other members.

Good luck with who ever you decide to go with

Ian Harrop gets my vote too! Brilliant. Good Luck. C x
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:12 pm
Happy where I am

wiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nicewiltsgurl is just really nice

We used www.overseas-emgration.co.uk. It took us 2 years to get our visa (general skilled independent 136) but, I did get pregnant in that time and they were very helpful to us when we panicked.

No complaints, very helpful and ALWAYS responded to emails and phone calls.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:52 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Alan Collett with 'Go Matilda' gets the thumbs up from us!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

hey thanx you guys i must admit im still phomimg around and getting advice..if anyone thinks of anything else let me know
Old Jan 10th 2008, 1:32 am
Just Joined

corinnia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to this site and am in the initial stages of applying for a visa for Australia. What I'd like to know is, is it a good idea to use an agent? I'm not sure whether it would be a complete waste of money and if I could do the application myself?
Old Jan 10th 2008, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by corinnia
Hi everyone!

I'm completely new to this site and am in the initial stages of applying for a visa for Australia. What I'd like to know is, is it a good idea to use an agent? I'm not sure whether it would be a complete waste of money and if I could do the application myself?
i used an agent before and all i can say is get a good one who knows their stuff.check their experience.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 9:31 am
darrens1

darrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nicedarrens1 is just really nice

Corinnia
Firstly Welcome to the BE site.
We are fairly new to the site and initially found everything very daunting Now it has become a useful site with a wealth of information from people who have experienced what your probably going through.
With regard to using an agent it simply depends on your own circumstances. Yesterday we submitted our view about Agents and their use....others may differ from our opinion thats what the forums are all about.
Some people prefer to complete the process themselves saving the agents costs. These costs can vary. All I would say is browse through the discussion forum and gather info from others then make your own mind up.
Good luck in what ever you decide.
Old Jan 10th 2008, 10:14 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

go matilda were great for us
we had quick responses to all our queries and emails
good luck
bec