age limit

Old Nov 26th 2010, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

wese007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: age limit

thanks for that,i understand now just have to decide wether to choose the current points system or the new one coming soon,im none the wiser on that at present
Old Nov 26th 2010, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wese007
hi again

been a long time since i was on here,personal issues lol,

im in a dilema, i was advised to get my application sent in before im 40,ive not sent it yet, and im 40 on boxing day this year.

i started filling in my VETASSESS application,is this what i need to be sent in before im 40 before everything else,or is it too late now with the time i have left,

i was advised to doing a skills assessment be my first call of action,my ex says i need not do this first,its the VETASSESS that needs doing first

ive maybe left it to late now to not loose the 5 points,and now im unsure weather to wait for the new points system i see thats due to start in july 2011

help me please
You have in all probability left it too late to get the extra points now, there is little chance of getting the skills assessment back and visa application in before you turn 40.

WHy don't you take the old test and new test and let us know what points you get and we can advise from there.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

i can figure out how to do the test,is there a link to both at all please,it was my ex who did it all before,she was always on this forum,i did pass when she did one,but i guess i need to make sure again

cheers
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:18 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

i can figure out how to do the test,is there a link to both at all please,it was my ex who did it all before,she was always on this forum,i did pass when she did one,but i guess i need to make sure again

cheers
both available on the DIAC website HERE

additionally the new points test pdf's are linked in a sticky at the top of this forum
Old Nov 27th 2010, 5:44 am
Just Joined

well on the current points system i score 100,i could sit a IELTS Test to gain 25 points over the 15 i get for just having a uk passport,

the ex is coming round to help me with the new test,im struggling to understand it fully,shes the one with brains

Just had a thought as well,my mum,who is not my real mum,but who did adopt me is living in Tasmania,and i understand Tasmania is part of australia,so this could help me as well ?

Last edited by wese007; Nov 27th 2010 at 5:51 am. Reason: more info
Old Nov 27th 2010, 7:29 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

well on the current points system i score 100,i could sit a IELTS Test to gain 25 points over the 15 i get for just having a uk passport,

the ex is coming round to help me with the new test,im struggling to understand it fully,shes the one with brains

Just had a thought as well,my mum,who is not my real mum,but who did adopt me is living in Tasmania,and i understand Tasmania is part of australia,so this could help me as well ?
100 is all you need on this system if you have an eligible relative, it's the timing that's the problem especially with the vetassess practical. You'll still need a positive skills assessment for the new system even though there are no pints for occupation.

There is no relative sponsor option on the new test and the pass mark is the same for state sponsored and independant. The new points test is still a proposal and all details are not available yet teh pdf's on DIAC are an indication of what they want to do.
Old Nov 29th 2010, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

trader76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many points i will get for age

Hi,

i am going to apply for the australian immigration. at the date of application i will be 34 years and 10 months old.

can any body tell me how many points i will get for my age? i.e. 25 points or 20 points.

kindly help in this regard

thanks
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:13 am
Just Joined

well the ex was not much help ,if ive done the new test right,i only score 40 points

what im thinking,if i get my mum to sponsor me,with her being in tazmania,im i right in thinking i have to actually move to taz not aus,as the rules state,my sponsor should have adequate accomodation for me to live it,

so i would have to be in taz,right?

cheers
Old Dec 8th 2010, 6:39 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

well the ex was not much help ,if ive done the new test right,i only score 40 points

what im thinking,if i get my mum to sponsor me,with her being in tazmania,im i right in thinking i have to actually move to taz not aus,as the rules state,my sponsor should have adequate accomodation for me to live it,

so i would have to be in taz,right?

cheers
nope, on a relative sponsor 176 you can live anywhere they just have to agree to provide accommodation should you not be able to find work elsewhere and need somewhere to stay. this is to take the place of state aid.

at least that best be the case as my uncle is in Sydney and we hope to move to Adelaide. Note though that the 176 family is not an option under the new points system