Age on the date of application?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

rockitman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Age on the date of application?

When do they take your age? Is it on the day you lodge the visa application? What if it drags on?

Pretty close to one of the boundaries and need the 5 pts?

Hope you can understand what I mean.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Swins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Age on the date of application?

Originally Posted by rockitman
When do they take your age? Is it on the day you lodge the visa application? What if it drags on?

Pretty close to one of the boundaries and need the 5 pts?

Hope you can understand what I mean.
I was lead to believe it was the based on the date you submitted you application. Anyone else?
Old Apr 29th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

It's based on your age on the day on which DIMA receive a complete/valid application.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 10:00 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by louie
It's based on your age on the day on which DIMA receive a complete/valid application.
Agreed. Once they have received the application it doesn't matter if you get older and the points change, etc, you'd still be fine because they look at everything based on the day it arrived.
Old Apr 29th 2008, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

docmitra is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the other responses, it is the date on which you make the application. Confirmation of this can be found on the following link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...bility-age.htm
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice

Originally Posted by comet555
Agreed. Once they have received the application it doesn't matter if you get older and the points change, etc, you'd still be fine because they look at everything based on the day it arrived.
Does the application have to be complete as in with medical results, police check etc. (as some police check from other countries can only be obtained with a request statement from the Australia immigration dept.

Would it be regarded as a complete application which fix the age at the date they receive the application without the above?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:29 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by looky
Does the application have to be complete as in with medical results, police check etc. (as some police check from other countries can only be obtained with a request statement from the Australia immigration dept.
No - but a skill assessment is definitely required.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:55 am
Just Joined

Swins is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swins
I was lead to believe it was the based on the date you submitted you application. Anyone else?
Sorry, I was basing it on an online application which, as stated above must be valid, is received by DIAC almost immediately. I guess paper based take longer due to couriers and processing their end.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:30 am
Just Joined

rockitman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swins
Sorry, I was basing it on an online application which, as stated above must be valid, is received by DIAC almost immediately. I guess paper based take longer due to couriers and processing their end.
Thanks for all the info, it's greatly appreciated.