Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

After July 1st Applicant gets 136 PR in 3 weeks!

After July 1st Applicant gets 136 PR in 3 weeks!

Old Aug 13th 2004, 10:37 am
Just Joined

reni10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default After July 1st Applicant gets 136 PR in 3 weeks!

Hey everyone,

I like a lot of people here am a pre July 1st applicant and it has now been 7 months and nothing except the acknowledgement from DIMIA!!!

My cousin who I know well and have been talking to today has told me that he received the grant letter today for PR which he applied for on the 19th July!!!

When he applied he sent the police checks and medicals with his application and also all the other neccessary forms and documents etc.

He never received an acknowledgement letter but received a grant letter today instead!!!

This is NOT fiction this is actually what has happened!!!

I being a pre July 1st applicant while being happy for my cousin am sickened to learn that cases that have been in for months are not even being looked at and other cases only in a few weeks have already been processed!

I would like a comment from George or Alan about this, have either of you had post 1st July Applicants receive their PR so quickly????

Come on DIMIA just clear the backlog FIRST and then move onto the new cases!!!!!!!!!!!

Disgraceful!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:17 am
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Re: After July 1st Applicant gets 136 PR in 3 weeks!

Originally Posted by reni10
Hey everyone,

I like a lot of people here am a pre July 1st applicant and it has now been 7 months and nothing except the acknowledgement from DIMIA!!!

My cousin who I know well and have been talking to today has told me that he received the grant letter today for PR which he applied for on the 19th July!!!

When he applied he sent the police checks and medicals with his application and also all the other neccessary forms and documents etc.

He never received an acknowledgement letter but received a grant letter today instead!!!

I being a pre July 1st applicant while being happy for my cousin am sickened to learn that cases that have been in for months are not even being looked at and other cases only in a few weeks have already been processed!

I would like a comment from George or Alan about this, have either of you had post 1st July Applicants receive their PR so quickly????

Come on DIMIA just clear the backlog FIRST and then move onto the new cases!!!!!!!!!!!

Disgraceful!
Good news if your post 1st July. Was your cousins visa application related to a job on the MODL or SOL lists. It's common that skills on the MODL list are processed quicker than skills on the SOL list.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Does any one else have any experience of this?

Seems crazy to me that PR are allowed to go through in such short space of time whilst others are waiting 14/18 months.

Surely then DIMA would be able to approve all indep visas within 1/3 months then? They seem to be so variable in their preperations for PR.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

pukka pom will become famous soon enoughpukka pom will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone,

Disgraceful!

Really doesn't seem fair does it!!! Congrats to your cousin though!! We are also pre-July applicants, applied in April - spose we just have to be patient!

Sally
Old Aug 13th 2004, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

If this is not a windup....WOW!!!!

SS
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

fraze1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls

SS
If it's not a windup its a real kick in the teeth for those who have been waiting for so many months!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Sana is an unknown quantity at this point

It's real WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls

SS
This is NOT A WINDUP!

I was helping my cousin prepare for their application as I had gone through the whole process about 6 months before that and I actually told them that they might hopefully get it in 6 months time!

Then yesterday the grant letter turns up, 3 WEEKS AFTER THEY APPLIED!!!

No MODL, no state sponsorship or any other thing that could speed up the application, the application is EXACTLY the same as mine even the profession and age are the same!!!

I am still waiting 7 months down the line and there he has it after only 3 weeks!!!

I thought people post 1st July may have been processed faster but up until now I had seen no proof of this; now my cousin has confirmed that this is indeed the case and it looks like DIMIA's attitude is that anyone else before 1st July can basically rot in the queue!

Absolutely disgraceful....

CLEAR THE BACKLOG FIRST DIMIA FOR GODS SAKE!

I am actually strongly thinking of calling DIMIA next week and asking them to send all my documents etc. back to me so I can apply again the minute I get them back as I have had everything including police checks and medicals in since day one also!

Hopefully then I might be in the post 1st July queue and get it within a month or so!

Any of the experts out there know if this is possible?

Last edited by reni10; Aug 13th 2004 at 5:17 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2004, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

roiboit is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly agree this is not fair!

As for asking for your docs back and then resending them it may be possible but they would most certainly charge you again!
Old Aug 13th 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Thanks for the confirmation....

Sounds like you front-loaded your pre-July 1st 136 application....isnt that a bit risky when processing times is +/- 12 months. You may end up needing to ro-do them or validate with weeks/days to spare.

What is your occupation?

Cheers

SS
Old Aug 13th 2004, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

JIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant futureJIVEBABE has a brilliant future
Angry Re: After July 1st Applicant gets 136 PR in 3 weeks!

Hey everyone,

Disgraceful!
I really feel for you. You must be feeling very bitter. Your post has made me feel sick to my stomach. The ironic thing is that your cousin is probably feeling very panicky as it has come through too soon for him to get things organised. I bet he would have preferred a couple of months wait, whereas you would have welcomed a decision this month, this seems so back to front its unreal. I cant believe that this is going on! Why hasn't some-one done something about this problem. Cant any of the agents or anyone at DIMIA do something to help those stuck in the pre July queue? Is there anything we can do?
Old Aug 13th 2004, 9:03 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi All,

I was browsing and trying to digest the whole information. First congrats on the visa.

Second, yes its very very strange that DIMIA could process the application in 3 weeks when the other applications are held up for more than 12 months. That's seems insane.

I am april applicant skipped the points raise. Still it doesn't mean that you need to wait so long I am still puzzled at the DIMIA logic. May be we can write our experience as a book.

I think its time that we request our good agents George,Allan, Jeremy to check with DIMIA about this and what's there logic behind the whole stuff. I really don't think its just speeding up the process.

Well here is th good case of frontloading. It has its risk I would rather spend money on meds and pcc again then wait for six more months with uncertainity.

Reactions are appreciated guys.
Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:29 am
Just Joined

I have to say that this whole episode has actually sickened me to my stomach!!!

BUT THERE IS MORE!!!

I have just had confirmation tonight that a very close friend of mine that applied on the 8th July frontloaded with medicals and PCCs has also now received a grant letter, no acknowledgement! Straight to grant!

Again their case is very similiar to mine and yet like I have said I am waiting now 7 months and nothing!!!

I am actually now spening money that I hoped I would be able to spend in Australia as I had hoped it would take no more then 6 months for the PR to come through judging by the cases on austimeline.com before for anyone one applied before December 2003!

I also wonder is there anyone that I can actually talk to that is in control of DIMIA decisions???
Is there an ombubsman or higher authority that I can speak to to question why my application is taking so long when an exact same case after 1st July is processed in 3-4 weeks!!!

This really makes me question if Australia is really where I want to be!!!

If there is a QUEUE then EVERYONE equally should be in it!!!
Old Aug 14th 2004, 4:11 am
Just Joined

andyfromus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can we all pre July applicants form an organisation & sue DIMIA

This is bull shit ..... people have been waiting for months ........ & someone gets an PR in 3 weeks ............ is this justice????

Andy
Old Aug 14th 2004, 8:32 am
mamacares

amendoza is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: After July 1st Applicant gets 136 PR in 3 weeks!

[QUOTE=reni10]Hey everyone,

------------------------

Very happy for your cousin.
I can't hide, however, my disapproval for DIMIA's behavior! Seems like we're in a lottery of some sort. We paid honest money and did our homework well and this is what we get. Not very professional! I hope and pray things get better soon. I'm not in a hurry, I just want things to be sensible enough for people to understand what's happening.

For now, let's all keep our chin up. It's indeed a long and winding road we're trekking! Good luck...

Cheers,
Hannah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.