advise on my IELTS score

Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Raedovic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advise on my IELTS score

Hey there guys !

I really need some guidance and I ve been visiting here to get some for a quite long time now.

Long story short: I got 8 overall band in IELTS, 8.5 in L, 9 in R, 8 in S but I failed miserably in writing i got only 6.5 although i had took the exam 3 years ago and I got a 7 in writing. I am certain I can do better as I wasnt prepared for the exam this time.

Do you think I should retake the exam? or can I just proceed with CDR ( yes I am an engineer) then if i am lucky proceed with my visa. Would this results affect my assessments in any way?

I need to get out of this place ASAP and I cant tolerate with delays any more.

I would really appreicate your help.

Thank you
Merci
Tussen Takk
Shokran
Gracias
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

khdmah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: advise on my IELTS score

Bro I dont know exactly what are requirements of CDR or what band score you need minimum in all modules
If it is saying 6 in all modules then no issue
But if it is 7 in ALL MODULEs then i think you should work hard n you can do it bro !!! as you are saying you had not work hard so this time you can make it although it is just 0.5 difference !!!!

i know it is issue of time but what to do ..... atleast one should be satisfied himself from all requirements which we submit in application
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

wilsorinio is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out www.cdrexamples.co.uk for help in completing your CDR
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

rishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to allrishadsky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Raedovic
Hey there guys !

I really need some guidance and I ve been visiting here to get some for a quite long time now.

Long story short: I got 8 overall band in IELTS, 8.5 in L, 9 in R, 8 in S but I failed miserably in writing i got only 6.5 although i had took the exam 3 years ago and I got a 7 in writing. I am certain I can do better as I wasnt prepared for the exam this time.

Do you think I should retake the exam? or can I just proceed with CDR ( yes I am an engineer) then if i am lucky proceed with my visa. Would this results affect my assessments in any way?

Thank you
Merci
Tussen Takk
Shokran
Gracias

Hey.. You can proceed with your CDR.
EAust need 6.0 in each band in IELTS, which you have already.
After submitting CDR, you will get time about 3.5 months.
Then if possible sit for IELTS again.
If you get 7.0 in each band, for DIAC application you will be eligible to claim 25 points.

Hope this helps.
Rishad
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Raedovic
Hey there guys !

Thank you
Merci
Tussen Takk
Shokran
Gracias
If you had taken your test one month before, why not go for Re-Check your writing, 0.5 could be taken by this