Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Advice needed::: The cancelled visa label to be made inoperative

Wikiposts

Advice needed::: The cancelled visa label to be made inoperative

Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Lightbulb Advice needed::: The cancelled visa label to be made inoperative

Hi,
I am having 457 visa stamped on my passport. After coming back from AUS in 2007, I requested DIAC in writing to cancel my visa to be able to claim my superannuation. They obliged and replied back in writing saying my visa has been cancelled. But I bothered to read their four page "notification of cancellation" only today and at one point it says that "...If your visa was evidenced in your passport by way of a label, you should attend your nearest DIAC or Australian mission in order have the label stamped "inoperative"....".

I did not do that. My question is that would DIAC expect this label to be made inoperative before issuing me a PR visa? Is it mandatory to do that? And, can I get it done at the time when I receive my PR and get it evidenced in my passport? Anyone having similar experience?
Thanx in advance for your help
Husain
Old Mar 20th 2009, 10:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed::: The cancelled visa label to be made inoperative

No-one on an online forum is likely to know the answer to your question.

It probably shouldn't matter, but who knows? Bottom line is that the visa no longer exists.