Advice Needed for 189 or 190 visa

Old Sep 26th 2017, 11:44 am
Just Joined

mangagrom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice Needed for 189 or 190 visa

Hi everyone,

I am 30 years old software engineer from Macedonia with 5 years of work experience in software development and a Bachelor degree in Software Engineering.
Based on my age, skills and work experience (booked the English exam for next month), I am looking to get around 60-65 points (maybe even 70-75 if I get a good score on the English test).
I need advice what is the best visa for me and what are my chances with the points I have?

I am planning to do the skills assessment with ACS next month, so one question I have related to that is about the document certification, can I use a local Macedonian notary to certify my documents or I need to use some specific ones to make sure ACS accepts my documents? The notaries in my country use stamps in Macedonian (Cyrillic), I hope that won’t be an issue?

Thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 12:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice Needed for 189 or 190 visa

Originally Posted by mangagrom
Hi everyone,

I am 30 years old software engineer from Macedonia with 5 years of work experience in software development and a Bachelor degree in Software Engineering.
Based on my age, skills and work experience (booked the English exam for next month), I am looking to get around 60-65 points (maybe even 70-75 if I get a good score on the English test).
I need advice what is the best visa for me and what are my chances with the points I have?

I am planning to do the skills assessment with ACS next month, so one question I have related to that is about the document certification, can I use a local Macedonian notary to certify my documents or I need to use some specific ones to make sure ACS accepts my documents? The notaries in my country use stamps in Macedonian (Cyrillic), I hope that won’t be an issue?

Thanks.
189 visa is best if you can get invited, followed by 190 if you can find a state to sponsor you. The issue you will have is that your occupation group is oversubscribed and subject to pro-rata invitations meaning only those with the highest points get invited. Last round shows that EOI's with 65 points were selected, lodged in March this year - 20 September 2017 round results

Info on docs needed (note they must be translated to English if not already) - https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/a...-Checklist.pdf

Info on certification on page 8 (and info on translation if needed) - https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/a...ust%202017.pdf