Advice on ACS skill assessment

Old Jan 7th 2015, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

samans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on ACS skill assessment

Hi,
I'm from Sri Lanka.

I have BSc in Computer Science and MSc in computer science. I have started working since 2008.

Here are my experience

Software Engineer - 2yrs
System Analyst/Programmer - 3yrs and 4months.

and I will be assessed as software engineer.

My problem is,

due to I have experience in 2 different categories,

will this be an problem for my skill assessment by ACS and Skill Migration process?
Old Jan 7th 2015, 11:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on ACS skill assessment

Originally Posted by samans
Hi,
I'm from Sri Lanka.

I have BSc in Computer Science and MSc in computer science. I have started working since 2008.

Here are my experience

Software Engineer - 2yrs
System Analyst/Programmer - 3yrs and 4months.

and I will be assessed as software engineer.

My problem is,

due to I have experience in 2 different categories,

will this be an problem for my skill assessment by ACS and Skill Migration process?
Software Engineer is ANZSCO 261314. To claim points for experience, it would need to fall within the same base group - 2613

Systems Analyst is 261112 and not the same group, but Analyst programmer is 261311 which is.

You need to look at what your duties and responsibilities are / were and match them to the descriptions given by ACS - https://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...scriptions.pdf ACS can assess your work history and give you their opinion on whether or not it is relevant and within the same area as your chosen designation, or they could advise you to choose a different designation depending on how they view your experience

ETA - you are aware that ACS will make a deduction from your experience inline with their criteria?