advice?

Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice
Default advice?

hello all,

we got our 457 visa today..great news..but...in our application i asked for the date to be from the end of september this year as we are not going out there till then..
however, the 4 years is dated from the 29th April 08 to 29th April 12..

i know its not that big an issue as if we do decide to stay then we will have to apply for our PR probably sometime before the end of the visa anyway..but..its just annoying to be loosing 5 months off the period when we wont be there..

can i go back to the immi department and ask them to change the dates??

Sydney here we come!!!
Old Apr 29th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all
Default Re: advice?

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
hello all,

we got our 457 visa today..great news..but...in our application i asked for the date to be from the end of september this year as we are not going out there till then..

i know its not that big an issue as if we do decide to stay then we will have to apply for our PR probably sometime before the end of the visa anyway..but..its just annoying to be loosing 5 months off the period when we wont be there..

Sydney here we come!!!
Hi

know how you feel, we got our 457 in Jan and r still here due to the house situation, as far I as know the date your visa is granted is the date they put on it and there is nothing you can do about it. Hopefully I will be wrong and someone will correct me.

Old Apr 29th 2008, 5:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Russ_Sarah
hello all,

Sydney here we come!!!
No, you can't change it
Old Apr 29th 2008, 5:40 pm
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

I would just think yourself lucky you have got your visas
Old Apr 29th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Russ_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really niceRuss_Sarah is just really nice

well why ask then what date you want the visa from in the application pack??

a frustrated irish man!

(in more ways than one!!)