Adelaide

Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Morgan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide

Hi,

Does anybody have any tips on living in Adelaide? Which parts / suburbs to recommend or avoid, if you are looking for good schools, low crime rate, reasonable housing prices (< AUD 300 k for a 4 bedroom house) and closeness to beaches?

Thanks

Morgan
Old Sep 16th 2002, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide

Originally posted by Morgan:
Hi,

Does anybody have any tips on living in Adelaide? Which parts / suburbs to recommend or avoid, if you are looking for good schools, low crime rate, reasonable housing prices (< AUD 300 k for a 4 bedroom house) and closeness to beaches?

Thanks

Morgan

Hi Morgan,

You will get better info from people actually living in Adelaide, but as a starting point ,if you go to the real estate sites like www.realestate.com.au and www.property.com.au you can put in the details for the type of property you want to buy/rent and then do area profiles. The area profiles tell you about the crime rates, and which type of crimes are committed, about local schools, proximity to shops, beaches etc. wages and employment, and lets you know which ethic groups make up the population of that area. and other useful info.

Hope you find this helps a bit!

Best wishes and good luck!
Kaff xx
Old Sep 16th 2002, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks

Morgan
Hi,We`re hoping to move there end of this(we`ll be lucky)or early next year and have done loads of research.eg checking areas daytime and nightime to see how quiet or noisy they may be.For us it has to be the stretch of coast from glenelg to brighton which also includes somerton parkand hove.Prices higher in glenelg but fall as you head towards brighton.If being nearer the beach is a priority search west of brighton rd which is the main rd.Any questions drop us a line.
Old Sep 16th 2002, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks

Morgan
Hi Morgan,

Try looking at these sites that I've found useful !!!

www.adelaideforkids.com.au

www.acta.com.au

www.21century.com.au

www.barriemagain.com.au

These 2 are my favourite real estate sites, lots of lovely houses.
We are heading for Adelaide and hope to settle Aberfoyle Park area, also check out Flag Staff Hill and Happy Valley these are North of Adelaide I think ?

www.wunderground.com.au (weather for Adelaide)

www.adelaidehills.com.au

Hope this helps.

Julie & Darren
Adelaide by early 2003
Old Sep 16th 2002, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks

Morgan
P.S
Your never too far away from the beaches !
Old Sep 16th 2002, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry it's www.century21.com.au

But it's one of my fav any way

Julie

Last edited by Juls; Sep 16th 2002 at 5:57 pm.
Old Sep 16th 2002, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
My name is Sue and my husband & 2 boys 10 & 9 are moving to Adelaide as soon as we sell our house.I have been to Adelaide twice and my husband four times. We have decided to rent first and then buy later we are looking at Aldgate/Stirling/Belair as these are more village locations and are in the hills. We have got friends who live in Golden Grove and we stayed with them at xmas it is a nice area but we found that you have to drive everywhere.
Feel free to e-mail me.
Sue
Old Sep 17th 2002, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][
Julie & Darren
Adelaide by early 2003 [/SIZE][/

{We are heading for Adelaide and hope to settle Aberfoyle Park area, also check out Flag Staff Hill and Happy Valley these are North of Adelaide I think ?}

Julie these areas are in the south/hills area .

Paul
Old Sep 18th 2002, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snickers:
[
Julie & Darren
Adelaide by early 2003
[/

{We are heading for Adelaide and hope to settle Aberfoyle Park area, also check out Flag Staff Hill and Happy Valley these are North of Adelaide I think ?}

Julie these areas are in the south/hills area .

Paul [/SIZE]
Paul its all right i know where places are in adelaide the mrs only knows where the shops are in our town thats all she cares about

daz
Old Sep 18th 2002, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We're moving to Adelaide when the visa comes through, hopefully early next year.

We've been over 3 times and have friends in Hillbank, north of the city.

I think all of it is nice, clean, and with low crime rates. Some areas can be quiet and you do tend to drive everywhere.

We like semi rural areas either towards the Barossa, in the hills or the stretch down to Victor harbour. We'll rent initially till I know where I'm working then decide.

Along the coastal stretch is dearer, and smaller lot sizes, and no views, however we like the bit around Henley Beach.
Steer away from where they've built on the flats near the sea, (Mawson lakes) I've heard nightmares about mosquitos.
Avoid arond the Military airbase aswell (aircraft noise) and Elizabeth is slightly more 'down market'

Good luck.
Mash....

Hi,

Thanks

Morgan
Old Sep 18th 2002, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snickers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Juls:

Paul its all right i know where places are in adelaide the mrs only knows where the shops are in our town thats all she cares about

daz
Daz, I knew you knew, thats the area where we are hopefully going, got emails back from local schools today.

Good luck with your STNI

Paul