ACT state sponsership

Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

hopelong7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACT state sponsership

My MARA agent has just told me that after having my skills accessed etc,and paying over a lot of money,that i should have about $25,000 in funds to be accepted in the ACT state migration programme. Is this correct,because i think i should have been told or asked this before the agent accepted me as a customer? Any comments,please.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:25 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACT state sponsership

I don't know if the figure is correct because it changes with how many people are migrating, but if you want state sposorship, they want to know that you can support yourself whilst you settle in the state and find employment. You obviously have access to the internet, so did you not do any research of your own before employing an agent? Of course, you do not have to have state sponsorship to make the move, a lot of people have independant visas, but regardless, you do need enough money to afford the move, relocation costs, etc,
Old Aug 15th 2012, 4:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hopelong7
My MARA agent has just told me that after having my skills accessed etc,and paying over a lot of money,that i should have about $25,000 in funds to be accepted in the ACT state migration programme. Is this correct,because i think i should have been told or asked this before the agent accepted me as a customer? Any comments,please.
Some States require proof of funds, some don't. I don't think ACT require proof normally, but they may still ask. And as old.sparkles says, you do need money behind you to make a start over here. Its not a cheap place to either set up from scratch, or live day to day.

http://www.business.act.gov.au/skill...lled_migration has the ACT information. Even with an agent you really should read it yourself
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I don't know if the figure is correct because it changes with how many people are migrating, but if you want state sposorship, they want to know that you can support yourself whilst you settle in the state and find employment. You obviously have access to the internet, so did you not do any research of your own before employing an agent? Of course, you do not have to have state sponsorship to make the move, a lot of people have independant visas, but regardless, you do need enough money to afford the move, relocation costs, etc,
Im afraid i could only go on the state sponsership programme as my skillset was on their list, and used a MARA agent to guide me through the process.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

And i think that is what she/he is doing. If you tell your agent that you don't have that money, they will advise you of alternative options such as employer sponsored. State sponsorship only gets you 5 points - do you need the points to meet the minimum level? If so, could you get them another way - IELTS score for example. We can give you ideas, but you are best discussing this with your agent.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Unfortunately employer sponsorship will only happen if i was working in ACT, and as an Irish citizen / passport holder, would not be required to provide an IELTS test. p.s ACT is the only state where my skill is on the skills required list.and i have the neccessary experience and qualifications.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:18 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately employer sponsorship will only happen if i was working in ACT, and as an Irish citizen / passport holder, would not be required to provide an IELTS test. p.s ACT is the only state where my skill is on the skills required list.and i have the neccessary experience and qualifications.
You might not be required to provide IELTS, but many people find they need the extra points - including exempt passport holders. If you're short of points, it could be a relatively easy way of getting a few.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:18 am

as an irish passport holder, you may not be required but it doesn't stop yiu taking the test for the points.

I have 9 in all areas = 20 points, and cost £115. if you get 7 or better thats worth 10 points.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for the info regarding getting more points,and on the finance front if i could beg or borrow what i needed to bring me up to $20,000,does the money have to be in my bank account before i lodge an application to ACT for a state nomination(i am at the EOI stage).
Old Aug 16th 2012, 12:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the info regarding getting more points,and on the finance front if i could beg or borrow what i needed to bring me up to $20,000,does the money have to be in my bank account before i lodge an application to ACT for a state nomination(i am at the EOI stage).
On the IELTS topic, you do have to have the results before you put in the EoI.