ACS statutory declaration question

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Runner Girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS statutory declaration question

Apologies... this might have been asked a thousand times but I cannot find a clear answer.

I have submitted my skills assessment to the ACS, but they have asked me to re-submit my statutory declaration for my current employer as I didn't provide enough information. (I am unable to obtain HR references as I'm reluctant make my immigration intentions obvious to my employer as we are experiencing a number of redundancies currently).

The reply from ACS states :

"If you are unable to obtain a Reference from your employer you should submit a reference from your colleague who occupies or has occupied a higher position than you and is an expert in the area closely related to your nominated occupation, within the organisation you were employed at, on a properly signed and witnessed Statutory Declaration."

So my question is :

- Does my referee sign a second statutory declaration form as part of his colleague reference? The ACS implies that 2 statutory declarations are needed - ie 1 from me and 1 for my colleague reference. Is this true?

Many thanks in advance. I did email the ACS directly, but they simply referred me back to their email and website.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

urs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really niceurs_kemmann is just really nice
Default Re: ACS statutory declaration question

I have the same question. The PASA Guidelines state that "If you provide a Statutory Declaration with your application, you must also provide some form of corrobartive information from a third party for the claims made in the Statutory Declaration."

What is meant with "some form of corrobartive information from a third party"?!

ps: I have also tried to contact ACS, and they didn't reply. Do they only reply once you have lodged an application? Which address did you use? [email protected]? [email protected] (Membership Enquiries (Non Subscription))? [email protected] (Membership Subscription Enquiries)? I don't understand the difference between the last two, what do they mean with "subscription"?

Last edited by urs_kemmann; Dec 13th 2010 at 9:20 pm.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

aPerfectCircle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS statutory declaration question

Yes you just need someone who's working with you on a similar or superior level to make a statutory declaration like you. Including your tasks and his/her contacts as an evidence to support your own statutory declaration, or you can provide any hr letter referenced to you, payslips or anything else that says you are working at that company or used to work there.