Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ACS Skill Assessment - Employer Experience Format

Wikiposts

ACS Skill Assessment - Employer Experience Format

Old Jan 4th 2006, 11:27 pm
Raj

Default ACS Skill Assessment - Employer Experience Format

Hi Friends,
I have started with documentation of ACS RPL Skill Assessment. Can
anyone help me with the formats and details of documentation required.

Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

gotnoidea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ACS Skill Assessment - Employer Experience Format

Originally Posted by Raj
Hi Friends,
I have started with documentation of ACS RPL Skill Assessment. Can
anyone help me with the formats and details of documentation required.

Hey Raj,

I decided to completely avoid the recommended format after reading this chaps application: [link removed by moderator]

I'd say if you get everything in the right order, and answer all the questions and can improve on their format you can't go wrong.

I put in a hell of a lot of detail, probably more to do with the nature of the different roles I have done over the years, I set myself a target of around 1000 words for each section, although I decided not to complete two sections: computer architecture and discrete maths.

I would say you really need to be very meticulous on the entire application. Make sure you get detailed references from all employers, if they are not very helpful (like most big employers) then get one or more references from ex-colleagues and get them to provide full contact details in case the ACS want to contact them. I had two years experience disregarded for a lack of detail.

Good luck.
Rich

Last edited by JAJ; Jan 12th 2006 at 1:46 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 12:12 am
Just Joined

bmw02rally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gotnoidea
Hey Raj,

I decided to completely avoid the recommended format after reading this chaps application: [link removed by moderator]

I'd say if you get everything in the right order, and answer all the questions and can improve on their format you can't go wrong.

I put in a hell of a lot of detail, probably more to do with the nature of the different roles I have done over the years, I set myself a target of around 1000 words for each section, although I decided not to complete two sections: computer architecture and discrete maths.

I would say you really need to be very meticulous on the entire application. Make sure you get detailed references from all employers, if they are not very helpful (like most big employers) then get one or more references from ex-colleagues and get them to provide full contact details in case the ACS want to contact them. I had two years experience disregarded for a lack of detail.

Good luck.
Rich
Bloody Hell!! Is this the amount of content they are looking for or is this just an exceptional one?

Any answer much appreciated as I'm in the middle of my RPL now and I've only done 18 pages so far!!!

Regards

Mark

Last edited by JAJ; Jan 12th 2006 at 1:46 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:54 am
karma? You make your own!

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bmw02rally
Bloody Hell!! Is this the amount of content they are looking for or is this just an exceptional one?

Any answer much appreciated as I'm in the middle of my RPL now and I've only done 18 pages so far!!!

Regards

Mark
I'm still waiting, but mine was 28 pages in total. I got hold of 2 other successful ones, and they were about 20 pages each.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adriang
I'm still waiting, but mine was 28 pages in total. I got hold of 2 other successful ones, and they were about 20 pages each.
Cheers Adrian,

So what you're saying is that was a hell of alot. All that stuff in published articles was nuts!!

Mines about 30 pages now, fonts bigger!! and I've added course run downs that I've attended.

My format on the cbok knowledge is more centered around a diary layout because certain aspects of my experience I don't know which area to put it under.

Regards

Mark
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:42 am

adriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant futureadriang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bmw02rally
Cheers Adrian,

So what you're saying is that was a hell of alot. All that stuff in published articles was nuts!!

Mines about 30 pages now, fonts bigger!! and I've added course run downs that I've attended.

My format on the cbok knowledge is more centered around a diary layout because certain aspects of my experience I don't know which area to put it under.

Regards

Mark
Mark,

I say 28 pages, but using the ACS template, it is all in the right hand column, so not 28 pages of full text. Although I did make the column wider so that the layout made it easier to read and therefore more text in the columns.

I tried to add something for all of the sections, even if some of them were quite 'light'.

I think mine took me a month to get to the stage where I felt proud of the document, usually putting in an hour or so each night, although as I got closer to completing it, I was also snatching an hour here and there at work.

I've got a job offer, so have an ENS visa opportunity, but have some time scales to meet, so did need some reassurance and pushing that that it was now ready to send. (ended up getting several people to review it).

I struggled with my projects, because I'm no longer in a technical role, trying to summarise a large project in 1000 words was hard.

I know I'm waiting for my results, so not qualified to give advice personally, the people I asked said the most important points are to spell out your knowledge (so what you have learnt, both positively and negatively (learnt from mistakes) rather than just an extended CV.
Ultimately you are selling yourself on what you can office Australia.

Best of luck to you.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:47 pm

My online status changed this morning to 'case finalised'. I also heard my prospective employer received the approval for my 'nominated position'.

Now I am waiting for the postman to deliver!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adriang
My online status changed this morning to 'case finalised'. I also heard my prospective employer received the approval for my 'nominated position'.

Now I am waiting for the postman to deliver!
Good luck!!

Cheers for the advice.....
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:15 am
Will

adriang Wrote:
    > I'm still waiting, but mine was 28 pages in total. I got hold of 2
    > other
    > successful ones, and they were about 20 pages each.
    >
    > --

Hi....could you share with me those of two RPL you got? I'm working on
my report but I have too much confusion.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Will.-

Posted via http://www.mymigration.net

Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Will
adriang Wrote:
    > I'm still waiting, but mine was 28 pages in total. I got hold of 2
    > other
    > successful ones, and they were about 20 pages each.
    >
    > --

Hi....could you share with me those of two RPL you got? I'm working on
my report but I have too much confusion.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Will.-

Sorry Will, I'm not able to do that, as they were given to me in confidence and I need to respect that.
Old Jan 14th 2006, 1:16 pm
Roalgo

Hi guys,

I got confused, are you talking about RPL only? i'll apply with ACS too
and i do meet the education criteria (unless ACS disagrees) so i don't
have to apply with RPL.

Do i have to send that kind of report too?, i'm starting my employer
references but i'm not sure about the format and extension.

What do you think?

Good luck to all of you.

Roberto

Old Jan 14th 2006, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

gotnoidea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roalgo
Hi guys,

I got confused, are you talking about RPL only? i'll apply with ACS too
and i do meet the education criteria (unless ACS disagrees) so i don't
have to apply with RPL.

Do i have to send that kind of report too?, i'm starting my employer
references but i'm not sure about the format and extension.

What do you think?

Good luck to all of you.

Roberto

Roberto,

Read through the ACS docs carefully but I would say if you have the educational requirements then you're fine. Remember you will need to provide proof to DIMIA that you have relevant experience for 3 of the past 4 years.

My letters from employers were about 1 page each, these were good enough for the ACS.

Rich
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:00 am
Roalgo

gotnoidea Wrote:
    > Roberto,
    >
    > Read through the ACS docs carefully but I would say if you have the
    > educational requirements then you're fine. Remember you will need to
    > provide proof to DIMIA that you have relevant experience for 3 of the
    > past 4 years.
    >