ACS Skill Assessment: Choosing ANZSCO Code

Old Feb 11th 2023, 4:29 am
Just Joined

sm.shawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ACS Skill Assessment: Choosing ANZSCO Code

Hi All,
Please help me on choosing the ANZSCO code for skill assessment. I am not able to decide between 261311-Analyst Programmer, 261313-Software Engineer & 261312-Developer Programmer. I have about 8+ years of experience in software development mostly in asp.net, oracle & crystal report technologies. My educational background is B.Sc in CSE and MBA in Management Information Systems.

Currently I have the following roles and responsibility-
  • Lead technical projects using technologies and solutions to solve complex business needs.
  • Work closely with the business team on issues related to design and requirements.
  • Involving in production operation team for managing code merge.
  • Developing user interfaces and creating stored procedures, functions, packages by using C#, asp.net and oracle database.
  • Designing and developing various reports by using crystal reports and integrating these reports with Application.
  • Configuring the application server and deploying database objects to the client database server.
  • Responsible to take care of enhancement and fixing bugs raised by the client.
  • Analysis and fine-tuning of requirements directly with key users of the product.
  • Work in a scrum-based agile development process that plans and builds features targeted to a release.
  • Design and develop high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code. Applying software engineering and architecture best practices.
  • Supervising new members of the team on the first days on the job for the shorter learning curve.
  • Audit on code developed by other members of the team.
  • Development of critical features on the product.
  • Conducting onsite user training, user acceptance tests, installation and data migration.
  • Performing unit testing activities, including preparation of test packs and performing integration, sub-system and system testing, acceptance testing and changeover required.

So, which ANZSCO code will be appropriate for my education and experience?

Old Feb 11th 2023, 4:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS Skill Assessment: Choosing ANZSCO Code

Originally Posted by sm.shawon
Hi All,
Please help me on choosing the ANZSCO code for skill assessment. I am not able to decide between 261311-Analyst Programmer, 261313-Software Engineer & 261312-Developer Programmer. I have about 8+ years of experience in software development mostly in asp.net, oracle & crystal report technologies. My educational background is B.Sc in CSE and MBA in Management Information Systems.

Currently I have the following roles and responsibility-
  • Lead technical projects using technologies and solutions to solve complex business needs.
  • Work closely with the business team on issues related to design and requirements.
  • Involving in production operation team for managing code merge.
  • Developing user interfaces and creating stored procedures, functions, packages by using C#, asp.net and oracle database.
  • Designing and developing various reports by using crystal reports and integrating these reports with Application.
  • Configuring the application server and deploying database objects to the client database server.
  • Responsible to take care of enhancement and fixing bugs raised by the client.
  • Analysis and fine-tuning of requirements directly with key users of the product.
  • Work in a scrum-based agile development process that plans and builds features targeted to a release.
  • Design and develop high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable code. Applying software engineering and architecture best practices.
  • Supervising new members of the team on the first days on the job for the shorter learning curve.
  • Audit on code developed by other members of the team.
  • Development of critical features on the product.
  • Conducting onsite user training, user acceptance tests, installation and data migration.
  • Performing unit testing activities, including preparation of test packs and performing integration, sub-system and system testing, acceptance testing and changeover required.

So, which ANZSCO code will be appropriate for my education and experience?
Choose the code that you feel best suits your experience. If ACS think you've chosen wrong, I've heard they suggest assessment under alternate code.