ACS rule for 3 year degree..

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

amir.khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACS rule for 3 year degree..

Dear,

I have 3 years BSc(hons) in Computing.
I have 6 years of IT Experience.

My agent told me that my two year experience will be deducted by ACS because I have three year degree. I wont be able to get 10 points for experience.

Can any body guide me...

Regards.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 9:22 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACS rule for 3 year degree..

Originally Posted by amir.khan
Dear,

My agent told me that my two year experience will be deducted by ACS because I have three year degree. I wont be able to get 10 points for experience.

Can any body guide me...

Regards.
I would have thought that your agent was in the best position to advise you. ACS guidelines here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...Applicants.pdf and summary criteria here - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...f-Criteria.pdf
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

sun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to beholdsun23 is a splendid one to behold

Dear,

Can any body guide me...

Regards.
My understanding is that if you have min 5 years F/T post degree experience you will get 10 points. For the BSc another 15... DIAC will decide on how many years we have in total. Good luck
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sun23
My understanding is that if you have min 5 years F/T post degree experience you will get 10 points. For the BSc another 15... DIAC will decide on how many years we have in total. Good luck
DIAC will consider my 6 year of IT experience or DIAC will accept the ACS result....for example ACS says 4 years....then ?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

DIAC will consider my 6 year of IT experience or DIAC will accept the ACS result....for example ACS says 4 years....then ?
As you already have an agent, you would probably be best seeking advice from them. ACS only recently changed their process and there are plenty of discussion on the effects of this.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:30 am
Shafaqat Ali

shafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of lightshafaqat309 is a glorious beacon of light

Dear,

Can any body guide me...

Regards.
Bs hons usually a 4 years program, how is 3 year in your case? where did you pass from?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 5:45 am
PR33T

PR33T is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear,

Can any body guide me...

Regards.
How about a Point test Advice
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

dshamim is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a BSc Hons in computer science from University of portsmouth via a technology extended campus - it was a 3 years program ( since summer was not off ) - 120 credit hours, I applied for ACS and didn't get any deduction in my work experience
Old Aug 4th 2013, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by dshamim
I have a BSc Hons in computer science from University of portsmouth via a technology extended campus - it was a 3 years program ( since summer was not off ) - 120 credit hours, I applied for ACS and didn't get any deduction in my work experience
When did you apply for your assessment? ACS changed the way they did assessments in May this year.
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:36 am
Just Joined

dshamim is an unknown quantity at this point

oh i see, mine was assessed back in 2011
Old Aug 4th 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by dshamim
oh i see, mine was assessed back in 2011
They now expect a number of yeas employment to deem you skilled - a deeming date is added to new assessments. Depending on your qualifications, and chosen occupation the number of years experience ranges from 2 years to 8 !!
Old Aug 10th 2013, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

RURUS is an unknown quantity at this point

My agent told me that my two year experience will be deducted by ACS because I have three year degree
Is your agent a registered migration agent?
Old Nov 9th 2013, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RURUS
Is your agent a registered migration agent?
sorry for late reply, Yes, it is.
But recently I have checked that one of candidates 4 years of experience has been deducted, In addition, he has 3 years computer degree with major in ICT.

I am afraid, how many years of experience ACS will deduct from my experience.
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

peaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nicepeaceboy is just really nice

sorry for late reply, Yes, it is.
But recently I have checked that one of candidates 4 years of experience has been deducted, In addition, he has 3 years computer degree with major in ICT.

I am afraid, how many years of experience ACS will deduct from my experience.
well it is very difficult to advice here, there were incidents where no deductions made. so my advice to you is to wait and see.

Cheers,
PB
Old Nov 9th 2013, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by peaceboy
well it is very difficult to advice here, there were incidents where no deductions made. so my advice to you is to wait and see.

Cheers,
PB
With the new ACS criteria, I think only Australian graduates can get a successful assessment without experience, and the new changes due in in January will only allow them to apply for TR (until Jan 2014). After that, if they want PR, they will also need at least 1 years experience. http://www.acs.org.au/migration-skil...ws-and-updates

For anyone without Australian study, at least 2 years relevant experience are needed for successful skills assessment - http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets/...a-Oct-2013.pdf