ACS RPL - doing it on your own?

Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Dreamersunite is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face ACS RPL - doing it on your own?

Has anyone done their own ACS RPL without help from an agent? How difficult was it to put together and did you get it approved...?

What is the cost? I can't seem to get to the bottom of that question as agents are quoting me a fee in Stages which (I presume) include the RPL.

Is the RPL the same as the Skills Assessment you have to do? or do you have to o the RPL and then still do the Skills Assessment later in the application process?

Thanks All
Dreamersunite
Old Feb 7th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all
Default Re: ACS RPL - doing it on your own?

Hi Dreamersunite,

The RPL is the same as the skills assessment, it is one of the possible routes ACS allows.

Lots of people go through the RPL route, and lots of them do it on their own. No agent will write the required documentation for it, it needs to be your own work and I gathered it will take most persons a couple of months to get it done. There might be however some benefit from an experienced agent to check the work before lodging, and smoothly steer the application through the ACS assessment.

Please note: if you do have any relevant vendor qualifications, you may be able to apply for the skills assessment as applicant in group B. Check the FAQ on the ACS website, all eligible vendor qualifications are listed there.

For further help on the RPL, the RPLHelp.co.uk website may be useful.

I do not have any knowledge of fees, but I know that I was quoted AUD 1600 for visa lodgement AFTER I already obtained my skills assessment (I have not used an agent in any step of the visa application process, and I did not need to go through RPL myself).

Good luck with your application.
Sylvia

Last edited by eurosyl; Feb 7th 2009 at 11:54 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Dreamersunite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sylvia

Many thanks for your response, it has helped me to clarify what we need to do and where to start. Many thanks.

Unfortunately I don't think the Vendor Qualifications will help us so I guess it will be the RPL route for us ...

Dreamersunite

Originally Posted by eurosyl
Hi Dreamersunite,

The RPL is the same as the skills assessment, it is one of the possible routes ACS allows.

Lots of people go through the RPL route, and lots of them do it on their own. No agent will write the required documentation for it, it needs to be your own work and I gathered it will take most persons a couple of months to get it done. There might be however some benefit from an experienced agent to check the work before lodging, and smoothly steer the application through the ACS assessment.

Please note: if you do have any relevant vendor qualifications, you may be able to apply for the skills assessment as applicant in group B. Check the FAQ on the ACS website, all eligible vendor qualifications are listed there.

For further help on the RPL, the RPLHelp.co.uk website may be useful.

I do not have any knowledge of fees, but I know that I was quoted AUD 1600 for visa lodgement AFTER I already obtained my skills assessment (I have not used an agent in any step of the visa application process, and I did not need to go through RPL myself).

Good luck with your application.
Sylvia
Old Feb 8th 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Plove will become famous soon enough

Good Day !
just a quick query on this..

I have 17 Years IT experience, but no academic quals, I am currently studying a Masters Degree in IT Management which will not finish for 18 months.

I do however have 3 MCP`s, ITIL Foundation certificate, Will have in a couple of weeks Prince 2 Foundation Certificate.

Should I go the RPL and include the MCP, ITIL & Prince docs or complete an MCSE or equivalent and then apply the alternative route ?

Your comments gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dreamersunite
Hi Sylvia

Many thanks for your response, it has helped me to clarify what we need to do and where to start. Many thanks.

Unfortunately I don't think the Vendor Qualifications will help us so I guess it will be the RPL route for us ...

Dreamersunite
Hi

I believe the RPL ACS assessment costs $450.

I did it and passed, I got some examples from the RPL help website (RPLHelp.com) - you pay a small fee (£20) but it lets you see how someone else set it out, content is obviously not relevant as it is someone else's work and on a different subject.

It took me about 2 to 3 weeks to do. Best to just launch yourself into it and try not to feel the pain!

Good Luck
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FionaandAndrew
Hi

I believe the RPL ACS assessment costs $450.

I did it and passed, I got some examples from the RPL help website (RPLHelp.com) - you pay a small fee (£20) but it lets you see how someone else set it out, content is obviously not relevant as it is someone else's work and on a different subject.

It took me about 2 to 3 weeks to do. Best to just launch yourself into it and try not to feel the pain!

Good Luck
I agree with FionaandAndrew as I also did my RPL on my own.

Took me about 2-3 months in total but a lot of this was down to delay in companies sending me references. The actual writing of the RPL probably took 2-3 weeks and its quite hard work, mine ended up being 102 pages! But I passed so I was happy with that.

RPLHelp.com is a great help as at times I got proper stuck, and although you can't take any specific info from the examples there, it does help steer you in the write direction on each section.

Good luck!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

eurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to alleurosyl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Plove
Good Day !

I have 17 Years IT experience, but no academic quals, I am currently studying a Masters Degree in IT Management which will not finish for 18 months.

I do however have 3 MCP`s, ITIL Foundation certificate, Will have in a couple of weeks Prince 2 Foundation Certificate.

Should I go the RPL and include the MCP, ITIL & Prince docs or complete an MCSE or equivalent and then apply the alternative route ?

Kind Regards

Paul
@Paul (Plove):

You may want to consider George Lombards answer here to get a feel for either the RPL or GroupB application through vendor qualifications.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that :-) I now know...

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 8th 2009, 10:17 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Good Day !

Kind Regards

Paul
Paul

With the qualifications you have indicated above, you will most likely need an RPL now.

However, if you are able to get yourself a graduate diploma awarded to you as part of your ongoing master's course, that may be your get-out-of-RPL card.

Regards
Peter
Old Feb 9th 2009, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Peter, I will aks the quetsion next time in Uni, hwoever I guess another option may be to complete an MCSE or similar, as the MCP I have obtained will count towards MCSE etc.

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Peter, I will aks the quetsion next time in Uni, hwoever I guess another option may be to complete an MCSE or similar, as the MCP I have obtained will count towards MCSE etc.

Kind Regards

Paul
I think you'll find even if you have MCSE, you'll still need to meet the year experince criteria once you have the MCSE. You could have done your RPL quicker than you could get your MCSE as well.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Andy... Good point..
Old Feb 9th 2009, 4:25 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR
I think you'll find even if you have MCSE, you'll still need to meet the year experince criteria once you have the MCSE. You could have done your RPL quicker than you could get your MCSE as well.
Hi Andy,

No I don't think there's a year experience question here. DIAC doesn't look on the MCSE as a qualification so there's no issue afaik of looking for post qualification work experience.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ok so are we saying that the MCSE does not require a year`s experience ? As I have had 3 MCP`s which contribute to the MCSE since 2001.

Kind Regards

Paul
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Andy,

No I don't think there's a year experience question here. DIAC doesn't look on the MCSE as a qualification so there's no issue afaik of looking for post qualification work experience.

Cheers,

George Lombard
My bad sorry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.